Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 & 1/12 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

These will eclipse HT at SDCC if they don't have something huge under their belt and not the usual Marvel/DC stuff. When they want to, HT can still blow our minds.

I had to watch Ghostbusters again now that we have figures coming :) wonderful movie! :rock

These will eclipse HT at SDCC if they don't have something huge under their belt and not the usual Marvel/DC stuff. When they want to, HT can still blow our minds.
I think people are giving Blitzway a lot more praise than they really deserve just because of this one announcement. They've put up what one 1/6th scale figure for pre-order in the last year (Tyler Durden)? Yeah it's cool that they have this license and it'll be exciting to see the figures but until they're rolling out more items on a consistent basis they don't match up with Hot Toys in my opinion. I'm all for seeing a variety of characters Hot Toys doesn't touch but they're still easily the top manufacturer of this scale.

He said he feels they will eclipse HT at SDCC - not in terms of a company and market. With KA Kim on board, and if they get the suits right, they will definitely be better than HT's offerings as it's such an iconic license. Also, as is said time and again on these threads, quite a few people are bored with HT's same old lines.

Even then I don't agree though. One line that may be revealed still isn't much by comparison. I like some of Blitzway's products I just think some people are heaping a bunch of praise on them when really they haven't done a whole lot in the time they've been around. I can see some being bored of the main lines Hot Toys focuses on but it's hard to fault them for doing what they do. I'm sure most companies would jump at the opportunity to work with Marvel, Star Wars, and DC in a heartbeat.

It's the ones that aren't done or are being done but poorly that get requested the most in wishlists. We drown in DC and Marvel and Star Wars, so when a license like this gets announced, it's a real shot in the arm in the hobby and the boards here. It's very refreshing for two reasons: it shows there is love for these great characters from these companies and it's a great feeling knowing they will nail them right out of the gate. Only a few companies give you that safe hands feeling. Even HT misses the mark, more often than not the past few years. Blitzway are deservedly getting the attention this year because of their license choices and the craftsmanship that goes into their pieces. I just want them to keep making such choices and bring us figures that haven't been done yet by anyone else.

Even then I don't agree though. One line that may be revealed still isn't much by comparison. I like some of Blitzway's products I just think some people are heaping a bunch of praise on them when really they haven't done a whole lot in the time they've been around. I can see some being bored of the main lines Hot Toys focuses on but it's hard to fault them for doing what they do. I'm sure most companies would jump at the opportunity to work with Marvel, Star Wars, and DC in a heartbeat.

I've seen your recent comments in the other threads and can see that you're a HT fanboy, and that's absolutely fine. Half of my collection is Hot Toys, I appreciate them too. However, I was merely pointing out that the comment you replied to was not in regards to quantity and market saturation, but SDCC. That's all. Let's hope that HT show off something a little more interesting this year.

The praise is deserved IMO. Blitzway have produced some really iconic and good quality pieces. I'd prefer them to take their time and glad they're not spreading talent thinly over various big franchises.

It's the ones that aren't done or are being done but poorly that get requested the most in wishlists. We drown in DC and Marvel and Star Wars, so when a license like this gets announced, it's a real shot in the arm in the hobby and the boards here. It's very refreshing for two reasons: it shows there is love for these great characters from these companies and it's a great feeling knowing they will nail them right out of the gate. Only a few companies give you that safe hands feeling. Even HT misses the mark, more often than not the past few years. Blitzway are deservedly getting the attention this year because of their license choices and the craftsmanship that goes into their pieces. I just want them to keep making such choices and bring us figures that haven't been done yet by anyone else.

:exactly::goodpost:

I've seen your recent comments in the other threads and can see that you're a HT fanboy, and that's absolutely fine. Half of my collection is Hot Toys, I appreciate them too. However, I was merely pointing out that the comment you replied to was not in regards to quantity and market saturation, but SDCC. That's all. Let's hope that HT show off something a little more interesting this year.

The praise is deserved IMO. Blitzway have produced some really iconic and good quality pieces. I'd prefer them to take their time and glad they're not spreading talent thinly over various big franchises.
I'm not a fanboy for Hot Toys necessarily. I think that there are some people on the boards who like to discredit them because what they like isn't being made by them. I'm fine with other companies coming along too but realistically there's not really a true competitor that's on quite the same level as Hot Toys in terms of the amount of output and overall quality. The closest is Sideshow but they often lack in the quality department.

I hate that the wrong company has certain licences. Ok, Sideshow's TOD Indy isn't terrible but I'd love to see Blitzway do a Raiders version. They also got Brad Pitt to sign off on a figure of Tyler, it'd be cool if they got Tom Cruise to do the same with a figure of Maverick or Ethan Hunt.

I'm not a fanboy for Hot Toys necessarily. I think that there are some people on the boards who like to discredit them because what they like isn't being made by them. I'm fine with other companies coming along too but realistically there's not really a true competitor that's on quite the same level as Hot Toys in terms of the amount of output and overall quality. The closest is Sideshow but they often lack in the quality department.

When I started out, I thought the same. I thought HT were the bee's knees. I still think they're good, I'm glad they are here, I'm happy they've got the big franchises covered, but their quality has dropped a HUGE way over the recent years. People hate on them because they're the market leader (people love to hate winners) and the prices have shot up (something I now don't like about them).

Don't forget, KA Kim used to work for HT too and left to be freelance.

IMO, Blitzway are all about quality. Like JohnnyU said - they give you that "safe hands" feeling.

When I started out, I thought the same. I thought HT were the bee's knees. I still think they're good, I'm glad they are here, I'm happy they've got the big franchises covered, but their quality has dropped a HUGE way over the recent years. People hate on them because they're the market leader (people love to hate winners) and the prices have shot up (something I now don't like about them).

Don't forget, KA Kim used to work for HT too and left to be freelance.

IMO, Blitzway are all about quality. Like JohnnyU said - they give you that "safe hands" feeling.

I think HT quality has gone way up over the years, clothing, HS, details, etc. Sure they miss the mark on HS sometimes but even the misses are lot better than most of the ones several years ago. Still looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

:exactly:

:exactly:

If blitzway is able to deliver on the fight club set I will be getting all four guys, the ecto, and hopefully slimer. I'm pretty excited about possibly having a 1/6 ecto 1 beside the delorean. The production versions of tyler should be very telling. Bravo on their licensing choices.

If blitzway is able to deliver on the fight club set I will be getting all four guys, the ecto, and hopefully slimer. I'm pretty excited about possibly having a 1/6 ecto 1 beside the delorean. The production versions of tyler should be very telling. Bravo on their licensing choices.

I think I remember hearing some good things about their Carlito's Way figure.

Their last two statues have been sculpted by K.A. Kim - Marilyn Monroe and Rocky Balboa. They've both turned out really well, as prototypes and in production.

The only 1/6 figure they've done was Carlito, and rapturous acclaim is pretty well unanimous on that figure.

Blitzway appear to have little drop off from prototype to production, certainly in the past and on their statues. I'm fairly confident that the Tylers will be outstanding in production. If they are, then there's little reason to doubt that these will be too.

Carlito was their second figure. Tony Montana from Scarface was their first 1/6 figure.

Yep, Scarface Montana was their 1st licensed 1/6 figure released. Actually, Montana was their first and second 1/6 figure as there were two different versions/sculpts/outfits, etc .

Yep, Scarface Montana was their 1st licensed 1/6 figure released. Actually, Montana was their first and second 1/6 figure as there were two different versions/sculpts/outfits, etc .

I'm pretty sure BW only made one Scarface figure, which came with a chair.

You're thinking of Enterbay. They made two versions, the "respect" version wearing the white suit and normal head, and the "war" version in a black suit with an angry face.

Yep, they had the war version. got them mixed up, thanks.

Back