Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Great pics but not a fan of the kneeling. Didn't pay $250 Can for a school photo! Standing looks very nice! The figures look very nice! I look very nice....be back in 5 minutes!!!

Yeah I hear you. Unfortunately though, if you are going to put all four into one detolf you are probably going to have to kneel one or two of them so it doesn’t look too disorganized or jumbled aesthetically. I mean you can still stand all four of them, you just have to be a little creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people have requested photographs of these guys in Detolfs, so here you go. It was difficult to get Ray to kneel, and I haven’t tried it with Venkman yet. The shot where they are on their knees, the skin tones are obviously not that dark, however because of positioning and kneeling, the light did not hit their face the way I wanted it to. The other photograph though...perfect. Additionally, for folks that don’t know, my Winston head is in the process of being repainted, so he is a no-show right now.
8276713d32f7238c1c080c1592914be5.jpg
59f18a95a293d133ab76c96115b2ad1e.jpg

Gotta say...not sure how anyone can be complaining about these figures...but to each their own I guess...

The figures all look great in person, even Winston. Pictures do not do Winston justice, but you will have to mindful of what lighting you have above him. Slimer is really cool and the pinpoint pupils on the eyes are perfectly executed.

Having seen the prototypes in person, I can attest that these are remarkably 95% close to those. Nitpickers are gonna nitpick, but the overwhelming majority of buyers are going to be over the moon in joy.

Recommend keeping the stands in the box, they’re a pain to assemble.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Gotta say...not sure how anyone can be complaining about these figures...but to each their own I guess...

The figures all look great in person, even Winston. Pictures do not do Winston justice, but you will have to mindful of what lighting you have above him. Slimer is really cool and the pinpoint pupils on the eyes are perfectly executed.

Having seen the prototypes in person, I can attest that these are remarkably 95% close to those. Nitpickers are gonna nitpick, but the overwhelming majority of buyers are going to be over the moon in joy.

100% fellas. To each their own, and it’s all in the eye of the beholder as they say. This was one of my all-time favorite movies as a kid. For me, these are my figures of the year.

Ok, I’ll give you 100%, I just figured if I wrote that people would think it would be too implausible. You know how people like to hate on here.

Figures of the year indeed, and definitely the set of the decade.

83b8c04f72b72204632a36fe5052f9e0.jpg

9834e862caeec86fce84ffdc671faa97.jpg

8d3f67040177f9b02c0996b3b13b1cc5.jpg

562c183d9d782bffc46ac0f52e66a16f.jpg

0d3b402c5a08b47b6b041bbcea72e18f.jpg

They look great to me in most of the pics posted here, only those initial ToyArk pics made them look anything less. Obviously I haven't seen them in person like you but just on the sculpt Winston looks maybe the best along with Ray. Only the paint app hurts him but maybe creative lighting can help with that.

You mention the stands being a pain but are they balanced enough to stand without them?

Be aware those photos were snapped with a camera phone, which doesn't capture ALL of the subtle sculpt details in the skin, and the very even lighting from daylight is softening some of that too.

I mentioned this in my review as well. You can definitely limit the botched paint application via the lighting you use. That’s probably the closest pic you have here to what it looks like out of the box. The sculpt is great.

They look great to me in most of the pics posted here, only those initial ToyArk pics made them look anything less. Obviously I haven't seen them in person like you but just on the sculpt Winston looks maybe the best along with Ray. Only the paint app hurts him but maybe creative lighting can help with that.

You mention the stands being a pain but are they balanced enough to stand without them?

They are balanced enough to hold them, however I hate them. They are the same stands that come with the Tyler Durden figures. Way too wobbly for me.

Someone call 911. It's been over 5 minutes and no sign of Bo Shrek! Something must bad must have happened. Something real bad...

They are balanced enough to hold them, however I hate them. They are the same stands that come with the Tyler Durden figures. Way too wobbly for me.

Where possible I prefer not to use stands at all. They just look more life like without them but obviously that isn't always possible. I assume the proton packs weight could make that problematic.

Where possible I prefer not to use stands at all. They just look more life like without them but obviously that isn't always possible. I assume the proton packs weight could make that problematic.

Actually the figures were standing quite well on their own with the packs on.

Yes definitely. If you try to pose them without stands, they fall backwards.

Actually the figures were standing quite well on their own with the packs on.

Really. That’s interesting. Mine kept falling over. Lol. Unless they arched forward somewhat that is. Then they stand up relatively balanced.

Really. That’s interesting. Mine kept falling over. Lol. Unless they arched forward somewhat that is. Then they stand up relatively balanced.

For the long haul, I’d pose them up against the wall or with a stand

Yes they definitely stand better against something, that really helps. For many of my photos I used the police barricade as a brace.

Someone call 911. It's been over 5 minutes and no sign of Bo Shrek! Something must bad must have happened. Something real bad...

LOL!! Back baby!!!! Actually side note I'm excited going to pick up my Ripley in the morning

“Space, where no one can hear you unbox Ripley”. Lol

Back