Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

That's a good alternate look to make one of the three look different. Shouldn't be too hard to rig that.

I concur. If I can't acheive this look though, no big deal. I'll just leave Egon's wand on his pack.

As I've mentioned before in the thread, my plan is to have them all in individual poses from when they split up in the Sedgwick Hotel. Doing that I feel would display all of the different accessories the best, and as you mentioned, each one would have a different look: Ray holding the wand (possibly attaching the stream effect), Peter's still on his pack, and Egon's attached to the belt. Each one holding different accessories as well that conforms to their particular scene.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Forgot to ask, I Am Toys, are you able to attach the neutrino wand to the belt at all to achieve this look?

View attachment 371104

Looking at your pictures, that longer carabiner attachment is on the figures' left side, while Egon in that screen shot has it on his right. Is there another one behind the pouch for the walkie talkie, or are you able either to take off or move the longer carabiner attachment to the right side?

You can definitely move the carabiner from the right side all the way over to the left, you just have to unbuckle the belt and remove the walkie-talkie poster then put that carabiner on that side and you’re good. Not sure how you would attach the neutrino wand though. You could probably mod it in someway to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can definitely move the carabiner from the right side all the way over to the left, you just have to unbuckle the belt and remove the walkie-talkie poster then put that carabiner on that side and you’re good. Not sure how you would attach the neutrino wand though. You could probably mod it in someway to get it done.

Thanks for the information. Shouldn't be a problem then. Is the wand light enough to where it wouldn't tug downward on the belt at all by just dangling there?

Thanks for the information. Shouldn't be a problem then. Is the wand light enough to where it wouldn't tug downward on the belt at all by just dangling there?

Not at all, it’s pretty light, so you should be fine.

Ray holding the wand (possibly attaching the stream effect), Peter's still on his pack, and Egon's attached to the belt. Each one holding different accessories as well that conforms to their particular scene.

That sounds good.

Not sure if I would use the "streams", even though they look cool and complex. Be funny to pose all three crossing the streams :lol

I think I would do: Egon with the PKE meter and wand at his side now; Ray with binoc on head and holding up the trap (I'd love to get his smoke into the corner of his mouth); and Peter either in a wand-ready pose (like the finale) or maybe more casual with his walkie out and no gloves on.

That sounds good.

Not sure if I would use the "streams", even though they look cool and complex. Be funny to pose all three crossing the streams :lol

I think I would do: Egon with the PKE meter and wand at his side now; Ray with binoc on head and holding up the trap (I'd love to get his smoke into the corner of his mouth); and Peter either in a wand-ready pose (like the finale) or maybe more casual with his walkie out and no gloves on.

I'd only do a crossing the streams pose with Winston added as well. :lol

Yeah, I do like the look of the streams and they are a cool effect, but I'm not sure if that would look a little too campy. I'd have to see how it looks in person. Your set up idea sounds good as well.

It seems like I'm going to have to do some belt attachment rearranging on all of them, as it seems the majority of them wear their carabiner attachments on the right side, not the left as the figures come stock:

Ghostbusters-reboot-outfits-revealed.jpg

loc_ca_biltmore_movie04.jpg

I think everyone's so excited to see licensed 1/6 Ghostbusters figures - finally - that they're getting a slightly easy ride. Winston is a big fail obviously but the heads for Egon and Ray look great. The packs etc look great. The one thing that really sets it back for me is the Murray sculpt - it's by no means a fail but it's not... quite... there. If that had been perfect I would have felt a lot better about this set.

Then again, in hand they might be amazing.

Yeah, Venkman really looks stunning/detail paint-wise, but I can't help but be slightly disappointed that it wasn't one of those "bullseye" sculpts in terms of likeness. Not as disappointed after I Am Toys' video, but still a slight miss for me (he also doesn't seem to have much of Murray's trademark pockmarks/scars.)

Everyone is judging the set as a whole, whereas I was only ever getting Venkman, so I'm super focused on just him (though I'm getting Ray now too) and the Murray headsculpt was my primary focus.

I think that custom Venkman sculpt with the slightly open mouth is maybe a somewhat better Murray likeness (from Spenser I think? still on e-bay) - I wonder how that would have looked with BW's amazing HT quality apps. Still happy enough with it because I'm doing the walkie-talkie slightly over Venkman's face and I think that'll nail it.

I Am Toys' amazing vid pushed me into getting Ray, which to me is the one total "bullseye" of the four - perfect likeness and the expression captures Ackroyd's persona perfectly. I'm doing the cigarette, goggles-on-top and holding trap look.

I also think pairing a bullseye like Stantz with Venkman will bump Venkman's likeness up a notch. I'm doing a few mods/repaints on the "Factory" Slimer which looks about the right size and sculpt to me (even if the paint is terrible and the arms need readjusting) to put between them and I'm done with GB... unless they do Moranis or a terror Dog

If Onesixthkit decides to make a Peter or Winston head sculpt , i would not think hard to replace the K.A. Kim work for them ..... Onesixthkit sometimes makes some decent work at paint jobs , shoot , they should just recast winston and sell him , peter is ok with me , but does need more face scars

So who would you vote for next?
Tully?
Dana?
Zule?
Terror dogs? ( technically Tully and Dana again!)
Library Ghost?
Janine?
Dickless?

No Gozer on the list?

I'd say Gozer, just so that way you have the film's main antagonist for the GB.

Tully and/or Terror Dogs. Gotta be.

I like the idea of Gozer... but in hand she might look a little strange on the shelf.

Truthfully though, the four guys (or three guys with Slimer) is really the perfect set on the shelf. Done.

Tully?
Dana?
Zule?
Library Ghost?
Janine?
Dickless?

Would they seriously contemplate any of these? Do BW go deeper into lines? Tully and Terror Dog seems like the only ones that would sell, though I'd love Dana and Library ghost too.

Truthfully though, the four guys (or three guys with Slimer) is really the perfect set on the shelf. Done.

You can't help but think that this is what BW is thinking in terms of sales.

I meant Gozer not Zule.....

I would buy a librarian ghost in a heartbeat...

Not at all, it’s pretty light, so you should be fine.

Hey can you reshoot a pic of the four shooting the proton tanks bare handed, I want to see how that looks

Tully?
Dana?
Zule?
Library Ghost?
Janine?
Dickless?

I have been think about picking up the ripley HS and making dana. Just need an outfit and a 1/6 carton of eggs :lol

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Hey can you reshoot a pic of the four shooting the proton tanks bare handed, I want to see how that looks

You mean without the streams attached or without the neutrino wands actually in their hands? Never mind, no mean with no gloves. Lol.

Tully and/or Terror Dogs. Gotta be.

I like the idea of Gozer... but in hand she might look a little strange on the shelf.

I'd agree with this. I picked Gozer because the other characters listed don't really go with the group while all in their gear. Gozer would, but I agree would potentially look a bit odd on the shelf.

Even though Gozer was the main villain of the film, Slimer is the more practical.

Fairly certain BW is done with GB.

Will definitely take some more photos this weekend and post them for you guys, including the one for Guyver1.

Finally checked out all the new pics and reviews, and while there's still something a bit too caricaturish about the sculpts for my taste (and the big three are clearly way too tanned), it's still a really cool looking set regardless.

Back