Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I'm white, and Winston is my all time favorite ghostbuster, he had some of the best scene stealing lines in the film. I know he wasn't one of the original three but he was great in his role in both films and in the games. And the actor who played him, Ernie Hudson is one of my heroes, I've met him personally and hung out with the guy, he is all about his fans, and is a very smart and level headed guy.

Sometimes satire can be so tone deaf and stupid that it becomes as insensitive and problematic as the thing that it is satirizing. The satirist becomes part of the problem too. The above post is an excellent example of this!

My sentiments as well. That particular pejorative has become so widely used now with reckless abandon for anything and everything, no matter how minute and ridiculous it is (i.e. this thread), that it's almost become watered down. That pejorative in my opinion is just about one of the worst things you could label someone as, and has no room in society. Even in jest.

Ironic that the character who was created to be relatable based on his life experience, is the one people are passing on.

What was his life experience? Was it ever mentioned in the film?

So...anywho...I plan on doing a lot of fun stuff with my Egon and Peter. I'm pretty sure they're going to "catch" my age of ultron Hulk and will do battle with Yoda, Kylo Ren, and not sure who else yet. I plan a lot of Pke Readings where Egon scans various characters(maybe Robocop, Rocket Raccoon). Fun times ahead :)

I can't wait to set up my Sedgwick Hotel themed display. As I mentioned earlier, I'll probably sell off my HT TWS Steve Rogers figure and trade that for Winston. Although with the addition of Winston, I'm not sure how I'd have them displayed.

I was seriously considering throwing all of my remaining RPs at the set but Sideshow decided for me, by putting it on waitlist.

did-corp-winston-churchill-sixth-scale-figure-wwII-06.jpg

He was fond of wearing onesies too.

2481457F00000578-2901637-image-m-2_1420711139518.jpg

I stopped buying dragon world war II figures sometime ago. However that's a good looking Churchie!

I cant wait to see which figure's they take on next ? Hopefully more classic's a Jaws line would be Amazing with the 3 and jaws. A poltergeist carol ann and t.v or quick two pack Karate kid would be epic. So many classic movie's i hope they keep bringing us the oldschool favorite's in the 1/6 world.

What was his life experience? Was it ever mentioned in the film?

Never mentioned in the film, but in earlier drafts of the script he was originally planned to be a security guard for the Ghostbusters who then became a member when they realized they didn't need security. His resume was also elaborated on:

In the military for five years
Air Force Police Captain assigned to administer perimeter security at Reese Strategic Air Command base
Designed electronic barrier systems for Sentry Alarms
Ended up as V.P. Tactics and Training at Pacific Headquarters until the offices were closed down
15th Degree Black Belt in Wing Chun Boxing
A qualified award-winning weapons handler

I cant wait to see which figure's they take on next ? Hopefully more classic's a Jaws line would be Amazing with the 3 and jaws. A poltergeist carol ann and t.v or quick two pack Karate kid would be epic. So many classic movie's i hope they keep bringing us the oldschool favorite's in the 1/6 world.

I say a little silly prayer every day that somebody, ANYBODY will start doing Karate Kid figures. God, I want those so bad!

Never mentioned in the film, but in earlier drafts of the script he was originally planned to be a security guard for the Ghostbusters who then became a member when they realized they didn't need security. His resume was also elaborated on:

In the military for five years
Air Force Police Captain assigned to administer perimeter security at Reese Strategic Air Command base
Designed electronic barrier systems for Sentry Alarms
Ended up as V.P. Tactics and Training at Pacific Headquarters until the offices were closed down
15th Degree Black Belt in Wing Chun Boxing
A qualified award-winning weapons handler

Thanks for this - where did you read it? I'm always interested in early drafts.

I say a little silly prayer every day that somebody, ANYBODY will start doing Karate Kid figures. God, I want those so bad!

As a really expensive,elaborate joke some company should do all the peripheral characters, but not the main ones. They should do mrs russo, the kid that screams put him in a body bag johnny, elizabeth shue. But NOT daniel. And NOT mr miagi. The backlash would be hilarious.

As a really expensive,elaborate joke some company should do all the peripheral characters, but not the main ones. They should do mrs russo, the kid that screams put him in a body bag johnny, elizabeth shue. But NOT daniel. And NOT mr miagi. The backlash would be hilarious.

Sounds like a job for Molecule8.

"We're going to do figures from The Tick. Not based on the really cool cartoon, but the boring live action version. And we're starting with Arthur..."

Sounds like a job for Molecule8.

"We're going to do figures from The Tick. Not based on the really cool cartoon, but the boring live action version. And we're starting with Arthur..."
. . .without the moth suit.

But in fairness, the live action version is far from boring. Great show.

I'm guessing these will hit shore week of 9/25-30.

With Ripley... also due before end of Sept.

Please do not put the GB release date in the same sentence as the Ripley release date.....

Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there is no version of me purchasing these figures where I do not have Winston in the crew.

I like how SSC set up the 3 pack vs 4 pack. People will make excuses for not getting the 4 pack but they will always be suspect as closet racists...LOL. At that price point, I don't think the extra $$ can distract from the real issue. Some will be forced to buy the 4 pack just to escape being outed...others because of their guilt. LOL. This is hilarious.
aea471198a25566c58a24f31ebabd478.jpg

And the obsession with the melanin content in the paint of figures' skin continues.... :lol

Please do not put the GB release date in the same sentence as the Ripley release date.....

Ever.

Thank you. :lol

BTW, I have her on PO w an NRD. :rotfl

Back