Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

thats a great pic, love those old pics where they are standing around on set with all the gizmos and gadgets around and attached to them. You don't get many pics like that nowadays coz its all cgi..

giphy.gif

This loses steam if the car is a no show.

This loses steam if the car is a no show.

Not to me, i never expected any company to make a 1/6 scale Ecto-1 so i have just been hoping someone would do the figures. So Ecto-1 to me is just amazing icing on a already perfect cake.

The figures are nice, but there were a good number of custom sets of decent quality already out there. People see the GBs on the shelf they say "hey the ghostbusters! That's cool."

People see the GBs AND the car, now you get the oohs and ahhs.

Who cares what other people think? For the price these figures go for I buy them for my enjoyment, not to impress others.

The figures are nice, but there were a good number of custom sets of decent quality already out there. People see the GBs on the shelf they say "hey the ghostbusters! That's cool."

I agree its all about the car for me. The figures are nice but comon can you imagine a 1/6th scale ecto 1? Not just coz i love collecting 1/18 scale cars but a 1/6th scale car is really the showstopper for me. I actually prefer collecting diecast cars to 1/6th scale figures so maybe thats why i'm looking more forward to the car then the figures. The only cars i have ever wanted in 1/6th scale are ecto 1, mad max's interceptor and robocops ford taurus.

For me the figures are nice and all but wouldn't have as much impact as seeing the car. The figures have been done before(albeit poorly) The car hasn't.

Im starting to get a little worried though by the amount of time they are taking to actually show the car though. If they said july it should have been july.

Last edited:

Who cares what other people think? For the price these figures go for I buy them for my enjoyment, not to impress others.

Then let me rephrase- it'll be ME going ooh and aahh with the car on the shelf.:)

I don't give a damn what others think about my toys either. And I sure as hell don't buy them to impress. Upon sight of my collection which is quarantined to my theater room close to half recoil or give me a strange look, others I can tell just pretend to be polite. A high percentage of people on the outside view this hobby as a huge sign of immaturity, but I don't care. It's my damn money.

If you show your toys to someone, you do care. :)

Prime example why PT is lame. No one knows what the hell they're doing relative to anyone else.

Lucas's response: we'll fix it in post.
It's easy and good to make fun of, well, everything in the PT. But I doubt the behind the scenes, green screen shot from Age of Ultron, Suicide Squad, Civil War, or any other major action film with groups of people fighting monsters/robots/aliens would look much different. That's just how movies are made nowadays. In the near future, we'll probably move directly to CG only, when the viewer can't tell the difference between a real actor and a CG one.

It's easy and good to make fun of, well, everything in the PT. But I doubt the behind the scenes, green screen shot from Age of Ultron, Suicide Squad, Civil War, or any other major action film with groups of people fighting monsters/robots/aliens would look much different. That's just how movies are made nowadays. In the near future, we'll probably move directly to CG only, when the viewer can't tell the difference between a real actor and a CG one.

Hopefully not. I already think theres way too much overreliance on cgi nowadays at the expense of storytelling and plots. Thats why i love films from the 70's, 80's and early 90s. Around the late 1990s early 2000's movies started to become too reliant on cgi. I can't watch the movies of today because i know what they will be crash bang wallop cgi effects with little or no storytelling. I love the practical effects of the 70's and 80s such as jaws and star wars because even if you knew the effects were miniatures or props they were really there and they could interact with the actors whereas every movie with cgi theres always the feeling that the creature or character created by the cgi is just that a computer generated image which isn't really there and that always plays on my mind.

Just think of all the movies that had great storylines in the 80s like ghostbusters, back to the future, indiana jones, Robocop, star wars etc. Sure they had effects but the effects didn't come at the expense of a storyline. The Hollywood of today has officially run out of storytelling ideas and is now reliant on rehasing old themes of the 70's and 80's. They just plow loads of money into the effects whereas the storylines, acting and realism of the movies have become of secondary importance. Just look at the recent remakes i.e ghostbusters, robocop etc. They need to return to using practical effects with cgi like in Terminator 2: Judgment Day where the blend was perfect.

Last edited:

Next up the warriors $1000000000000! :rotfl

I'm glad I managed to snag these on a sweet deal.... traded dx11 which gives me a remaining balance of £300 for the set for the 4 pac special set. :yess:

I hope i can afford the Ecto-1 to put aside my 89 ride and delorean. I'll be in awe every day.:yess:

Back