Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope Hitler won't ever become a pop culture icon.

I just remind you that he killed thousands of men, women and children, and not in a movie but in the real life.

As a french guy, i can assure you that it happened because my grandfather spent 5 years in a german camp as a prisoner of war... I never had the chance to know him...

Everyone is free to collect what they want but ?*Potato*? please do not mix reality and fiction. Guys really died, and not on a filmstrip...
Or maybe we got a totally different sense of humor in Europe than in US.
Sorry for the off-topic.

The point I was making was don't necessarily blame collectors, blame media companies and creatives who fuel it. Those movies/TV I mention are just a handful that make Hitler engaging for a younger audience, thereby driving collectibles. You love Tarantino, you want the Raine and Landa figures, and may want a Hitler to go with it (and companies like DID obliged with that Hitler uniform.

I guess I can see how someone who's a big WWII buff might want a Hitler in their collection. Or if they just like the German uniforms or the various outfits he wore. As long as they don't actually admire the guy.

I certainly couldn't do it though. I've been working on a German Disguise Indy recently, and even just having that uniform in my collection makes me a bit uneasy.

Yeah, for me it's not really the regular German uniforms at all, it's just anything with the swastika or SS uniform. I wouldn't display a black uniform or a swastika - or Hitler or any real German officer regardless of uniform - DID made a ton of those "named German officers."

I have been working on a Last Crusade (and um, even "crusade" itself has become charged as a word these days) Vogel in the pale desert uniform and decided to make him end-of-fight where he's all beaten up so that his swastika armband is torn down and you can't see the symbol clearly.

It's tricky with Indy though - Toht has his swastika button, there's a gag with a large Nazi flag to pull Indy from the pit, Hitler's a major cameo. Swastikas are everywhere and it's actually been interesting to see how companies have handled the merch - like Hasbro's "+" on their Vogel figure and the same on the flying wing toy from the 90s.

Don?t get me wrong. I don?t blame collectors of this kind of figures or uniforms , even if i will ever find this weird, and I can understand the fascination for the III rd Reich from a Historic point of view.
What I hardly understand and accept is the mix between fiction and reality and compare Jason and other movie trashers or criminals and a real ?*monster*? like Hitler was. That?s all.
But I can understand the distance US citizens could have vs European citizens.
Hitler never envaded your country or deported your population.

Ok go back to Ecto-1!

Don?t get me wrong. I don?t blame collectors of this kind of figures or uniforms , even if i will ever find this weird, and I can understand the fascination for the III rd Reich from a Historic point of view.
What I hardly understand and accept is the mix between fiction and reality and compare Jason and other movie trashers or criminals and a real ?*monster*? like Hitler was. That?s all.
But I can understand the distance US citizens could have vs European citizens.
Hitler never envaded your country or deported your population.

Ok go back to Ecto-1!

Yeah, probably time to end the 1/6 Hitler conversation....

FluffyHonestBird-size_restricted.gif

And... the Ecto-1 just landed in-stock at PC.:horror

Let?s do a roll call on the Ecto-1...

I got one!!!

1. Chuck Norris
2. Outatime1978
3. davejames
4. Bgnyc007
5. swo77
6. TurdFurgusonsHat
7. Mattyboy1010
8. GuruAskew
9. TexasFinest
10. Black Sheep
11. Jason
12. iMax-S
13. PH@Ben
14. dls712
15. subzro
16. namebrand
17. Nailz
18. hokietwo
19. Life_m2000
20. Sturanich
21. Marine Boy
22. Jolietbat (Bumped by Chuck Norris)
23. Mattyboy1010
21. Hemooo
22. 67L88Stingray
23. Wolfdesigns
24. DrDeath
25. Deedzy

Maybe it's based on the Hitler in Indiana Jones, or the Hitler in JoJo Rabbit, or the Hitler in Inglorious Basterds, or the Hitler in Man in the High Castle. Hitler seems to have become a pop culture icon these days.

or maybe it's Hitler in the movie Downfall documenting Hitler himself.

Just received my ecto 1
Anyone noticed that the blitzway model missed some details on the left side? Wires and hoses?
A picture of my hotwheels elite vs the blitzway
Anyway this thing is amazing!
974fbbf71ba1efad06054e06b93d04c8.jpg
3e9dfee7d204db91a89db5daa0832ec2.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

That is a fantastic display pic. I have those cars and would love to display them together. Maybe an ikea pax shelf is closest we can fit them all in.

Thanks man! Mine were custom made
I destroyed the closet to do that jaja
Those have glass doors, but to introduce the ecto i have to take them out.

Just received my ecto 1
Anyone noticed that the blitzway model missed some details on the left side? Wires and hoses?
A picture of my hotwheels elite vs the blitzway
Anyway this thing is amazing!
974fbbf71ba1efad06054e06b93d04c8.jpg

Love it with the chairs and background! The Ecto makes it into an interior design magazine and wins the day.:yess::lol

This is my 1/6 scale cars shelf
4c309d988aaa4c9f17edc9466a3f0a44.jpg

Wow, just wow.

Yes indeed! But i really like batman [emoji14]

5f94a5d52e72c8b3111af81000a4fbeb.jpg

This is my 1/6 scale cars shelf
4c309d988aaa4c9f17edc9466a3f0a44.jpg

no glass doors? have you though about how you would clean the vehicles off dust especially the delorean with the doors opened. those windshields gonna get scratched the more you dust it and air blowers won't work due to dust being static.

also ditch those figure stands. Real figures don't need stands.

no glass doors? have you though about how you would clean the vehicles off dust especially the delorean with the doors opened. those windshields gonna get scratched the more you dust it and air blowers won't work due to dust being static.

also ditch those figure stands. Real figures don't need stands.
I have glass doors. Have to take them out to put the ecto ;)
I live in Chile so tremors and earthquakes are something usual. I have to use stands on all my figures

Back