Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted your inbox is full so I could not reply.

It?s a Moducase DF120 DISPLAY CUBE but it?s 2 connected together without a pane in the middle so I could angle it in. So if you have space to connect 2 you can do that. Though looking at it you may just be able to I would have to check.
03f39f0bedcd17134fadcad52d88223a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did anyone ever figure out if this would fit in a single case? There?s a crazy voice in my head telling me I could justify buying two of them since I have the Hot Toys Delorean but it would be less-insane to buy one for starters. Stacking them would still make more sense for me space-wise as opposed to this side-by-side situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let?s do a roll call on the Ecto-1...

I got one!!!

1. Chuck Norris
2. Outatime1978
3. davejames
4. Bgnyc007
5. swo77
6. TurdFurgusonsHat
7. Mattyboy1010
8. GuruAskew
9. TexasFinest
10. Black Sheep
11. Jason
12. iMax-S
13. PH@Ben
14. dls712
15. subzro
16. namebrand
17. Nailz
18. hokietwo
19. Life_m2000
20. Sturanich
21. Marine Boy
22. Jolietbat (Bumped by Chuck Norris)

Did anyone ever figure out if this would fit in a single case? There?s a crazy voice in my head telling me I could justify buying two of them since I have the Hot Toys Delorean but it would be less-insane to buy one for starters. Stacking them would still make more sense for me space-wise as opposed to this side-by-side situation.

You can build the box around it if you wanted it would fit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got one!!!

1. Jolietbat
2. Outatime1978
3. davejames
4. Bgnyc007
5. swo77
6. TurdFurgusonsHat
7. Mattyboy1010
8. GuruAskew
9. TexasFinest
10. Black Sheep
11. Jason
12. iMax-S
13. PH@Ben
14. dls712
15. subzro
16. namebrand
17. Nailz
18. hokietwo
19. Life_m2000
I had to pack mine back up. Still count? 🤣

I got one!!!

1. Jolietbat
2. Outatime1978
3. davejames
4. Bgnyc007
5. swo77
6. TurdFurgusonsHat
7. Mattyboy1010
8. GuruAskew
9. TexasFinest
10. Black Sheep
11. Jason
12. iMax-S
13. PH@Ben
14. dls712
15. subzro
16. namebrand
17. Nailz
18. hokietwo
19. Life_m2000
20. Mattyboy1010

I saw pics & vids but nothing prepared me of how masssssive this thing is. I have been collecting statues & busts different m scales and I haven?t seen a box that big lol
d6f9360db8de069579080c8e4b88c6c1.jpg

I got one!!!

1. Jolietbat
2. Outatime1978
3. davejames
4. Bgnyc007
5. swo77
6. TurdFurgusonsHat
7. Mattyboy1010
8. GuruAskew
9. TexasFinest
10. Black Sheep
11. Jason
12. iMax-S
13. PH@Ben
14. dls712
15. subzro
16. namebrand
17. Nailz
18. hokietwo
19. Life_m2000
20. Mattyboy1010
21. Hemooo

Officially a member now, as the delivery guy dropped it off this morning. It arrived on a pallet and wrapped in cellophane, so the outer box is mint. It will have to stay in the shed for the time being, but i hope to be able to open it up and just check to make sure it is all working.

ecto1.jpg

I got one!!!

1. Chuck Norris
2. Outatime1978
3. davejames
4. Bgnyc007
5. swo77
6. TurdFurgusonsHat
7. Mattyboy1010
8. GuruAskew
9. TexasFinest
10. Black Sheep
11. Jason
12. iMax-S
13. PH@Ben
14. dls712
15. subzro
16. namebrand
17. Nailz
18. hokietwo
19. Life_m2000
20. Sturanich
21. Marine Boy
22. Jolietbat (Bumped by Chuck Norris)
23. Mattyboy1010
21. Hemooo

I got a complete lemon. My strobe lights were both broken off on the front. The one I found rattling around in the box was broken off cleanly and would be an easy gluing fix and it looks like the other one would be too, if it was included, that is. That?s the deal-breaker. The other one is nowhere to be found. The blue tube on the right side of the vehicle had what looked like the remnants of tissue paper embedded in the paint. I managed to scrape most of it off but it?s still visible. The rear lights don?t rotate either. I thumped on them and got them to turn a handful of times but it was of no use.

I contacted Blitzway on Wednesday and on Facebook on Thursday and I?ve heard nothing.i contacted Sideshow on Thursday and heard back pretty quickly. Like others have heard in this thread, they have no replacement stock. They offered me a $200 Sideshow card or the complete return/refund.

I opted for the return. The tissue paper thing I could live with. I?m planning on getting a case so I could even live with the light problem, plus I could convince myself that that may be fixable if I was ever brave enough to crack it open, or let it run long enough, or keep thumping it trying to awaken it. The broken and missing light though? I?d never be able to ignore it.

BBTS is still taking orders. It?s about $45 more than Sideshow was and I?m losing like $80 in rewards points I was hoping to use on the Bill & Ted figures. The wait between sending the bum Sideshow one back and BBTS shipping theirs is going to kill me. If they don?t come through with my new order I?m going to be devastated. Like I feel like I need to be put on sedatives to deal with the anxiety over imagining that BBTS email saying they can?t fulfill my order after I?ve already sent the broken one back.

Man, really sorry about that. So bizarre that one strobe light was just completely missing.

One thing I found with my sirens, after the rear ones had stopped rotating for a bit, was that lifting them up in the middle helped them to spin again. I think the gears just get knocked out of alignment if the bar gets pushed down too much in the middle. Which is something I can easily imagine happening during shipping.

I got a complete lemon. My strobe lights were both broken off on the front. The one I found rattling around in the box was broken off cleanly and would be an easy gluing fix and it looks like the other one would be too, if it was included, that is. That?s the deal-breaker. The other one is nowhere to be found. The blue tube on the right side of the vehicle had what looked like the remnants of tissue paper embedded in the paint. I managed to scrape most of it off but it?s still visible. The rear lights don?t rotate either. I thumped on them and got them to turn a handful of times but it was of no use.

I contacted Blitzway on Wednesday and on Facebook on Thursday and I?ve heard nothing.i contacted Sideshow on Thursday and heard back pretty quickly. Like others have heard in this thread, they have no replacement stock. They offered me a $200 Sideshow card or the complete return/refund.

I opted for the return. The tissue paper thing I could live with. I?m planning on getting a case so I could even live with the light problem, plus I could convince myself that that may be fixable if I was ever brave enough to crack it open, or let it run long enough, or keep thumping it trying to awaken it. The broken and missing light though? I?d never be able to ignore it.

BBTS is still taking orders. It?s about $45 more than Sideshow was and I?m losing like $80 in rewards points I was hoping to use on the Bill & Ted figures. The wait between sending the bum Sideshow one back and BBTS shipping theirs is going to kill me. If they don?t come through with my new order I?m going to be devastated. Like I feel like I need to be put on sedatives to deal with the anxiety over imagining that BBTS email saying they can?t fulfill my order after I?ve already sent the broken one back.

Really sorry to hear that. I hope you can find a perfect one elsewhere.

Ready to dig in! The Delorean box is the red apple for size reference [emoji23]

823aec6fb14317e6d317bedef1e33725.jpg

Sorry to hear that Guru:(. Truthfully I was pretty pleased with Blitzway's method of packaging this thing. The styrofoam inside the box with the velcro straps seemed to keep mine pretty secure. I'm sure that is no consolation to the folks who got theirs with broken parts, the size of this thing makes returns a very big inconvenience.

Guessing Sideshow will send the returned one to a wait list converter.

I asked them about that and they said they don?t send defected ones to customers, that?s what they told me anyway lol.

Regarding the issues this car has. I have come to conclusion that there is no such thing as perfect condition, there is always something with these mass produced collectibles, specially with something this size with so many parts and electronics.It comes down to how much u can tolerate and how much u r compensated for the issues. Mine has some issues, one of the back light fall down and I glued it back. Front doors dont sit flush, saw some tricks to minimize the gap on youtube. At least all the lights work fine. Definitely a centerpiece in any collection and displaying it with the figures is really something special.

Back