Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 482343So at this point I can see one of the top spotlights is crooked a little bit. The one on the left in this photo. Has anyone else got this problem and tried straightening it just by hand? I don?t dare do it because I don?t want to break it. Just trying a little doesn?t move it. Kinda annoying. Also there?s paint or something across the front bumper I?ve attached just one photo of it but it?s across the length of it. Anyone recommend what I could use to try to take it off without ruining the bumper paint?. View attachment 482340

I can't speak to the problem you have with the lights but I have similar paint flaws on the bumpers. Personally I just chalked them up to weathering. I consider myself somewhat lucky that I didn't have as bad of QC issues as some others. To me the biggest problems I have with the car not QC issues but inherent problems with the production version.

View attachment 482343So at this point I can see one of the top spotlights is crooked a little bit. The one on the left in this photo. Has anyone else got this problem and tried straightening it just by hand? I don?t dare do it because I don?t want to break it. Just trying a little doesn?t move it. Kinda annoying. Also there?s paint or something across the front bumper I?ve attached just one photo of it but it?s across the length of it. Anyone recommend what I could use to try to take it off without ruining the bumper paint?. View attachment 482340

The blemishes you are seeing on the bumpers are where the paint has been rubbed off by the packaging, showing the black, burnished plastic beneath the metallic paint. Unfortunately, you can't take it off...only solution is repainting the whole bumper or attempting touch ups with a custom mixture of metallic paint.

My front and rear bumpers are pretty badly worn and I am still waiting to hear back about a resolution from Blitzway or the distributor.

Has anyone here thought about customizing their Ecto-1 at all?

There are black hoses and wiring details that are definitely missing from the Blitzway Ecto. I've been trying to find just the right diameter and style of ribbed hoses before I do ANYthing, but I'm seriously considering drilling some holes into that roof rack box to make this thing look more accurate. I may paint some parts, too...

Other slight discrepancies... like missing strobe light labels on the front bumper, and the roof rack frame that hoists the white and red-striped radar should be white and not black, for instance. The refurbished Ecto-1 on the Sony lot has differences, too... compared to how some details appeared on-screen.

image.jpg

I think image is from Sony's REFURBISHED Ecto-1 (correct me if I'm wrong)...

Ecto-1_Restoration_Project_Set_2_Photo_138 V2.jpg

Missing strobe light labels...

ghostbusters-ecto-1.jpg

Anyway... just looking for some feedback. Anyone else willing to modify theirs? I think I'm gonna go for it.

If I do any modifications to mine, it'll probably be just to weather it up a bit. I'm not as concerned with the finer details as I am with the overall look, and I think it really needs a bit of dirt and grime to feel like the car we actually saw in the movie.

The blemishes you are seeing on the bumpers are where the paint has been rubbed off by the packaging, showing the black, burnished plastic beneath the metallic paint. Unfortunately, you can't take it off...only solution is repainting the whole bumper or attempting touch ups with a custom mixture of metallic paint.

My front and rear bumpers are pretty badly worn and I am still waiting to hear back about a resolution from Blitzway or the distributor.

No, it?s definitely black paint or ink that?s on top of the bumper paint. I considered it was what you said at first, but it?s definitely on top. There was also grease with it so I?m guessing it?s from one of the machines that was close to that part of the car.

Has anyone here thought about customizing their Ecto-1 at all?

There are black hoses and wiring details that are definitely missing from the Blitzway Ecto. I've been trying to find just the right diameter and style of ribbed hoses before I do ANYthing, but I'm seriously considering drilling some holes into that roof rack box to make this thing look more accurate. I may paint some parts, too...

Other slight discrepancies... like missing strobe light labels on the front bumper, and the roof rack frame that hoists the white and red-striped radar should be white and not black, for instance. The refurbished Ecto-1 on the Sony lot has differences, too... compared to how some details appeared on-screen.

I think image is from Sony's REFURBISHED Ecto-1 (correct me if I'm wrong)

Missing strobe light labels...

Anyway... just looking for some feedback. Anyone else willing to modify theirs? I think I'm gonna go for it.

3824205E-B2FD-49E8-A992-E14DD044D50B.jpeg

Also there?s this part (circled in red) that?s actually a separate panel, not part of the whole body. But what can you do? 🤷🏻*♂️

for the bumper if you are sure it's on top, you may try damp cloth with abit of lighter fluid and only if you are sure there's a top clear coat on it. if not i will just leave it so it looks like natural wear.

So at this point I can see one of the top spotlights is crooked a little bit. The one on the left in this photo. Has anyone else got this problem and tried straightening it just by hand? I don?t dare do it because I don?t want to break it. Just trying a little doesn?t move it. Kinda annoying. Also there?s paint or something across the front bumper I?ve attached just one photo of it but it?s across the length of it. Anyone recommend what I could use to try to take it off without ruining the bumper paint?.

Yes there is something i can recommend that will do the job. I build model cars and the best thing to get paint marks or other stains off is non acetone nail polish remover. I've used it many times and it always works well.

Only use a small bit(about a drop or two) on the tip of a cotton swab then apply the cotton swab to the bumper in a light circular motion(not to hard) and that should take the paint or stain marks right off the bumper. Be careful not to use too much though or it may take the chrome paint off the chrome bumper underneath as well. Just use a small amount and you'll be fine.

If the chrome does come off you can always purchase a silver leafing pen and put the chrome back on again.

Last edited:
Ted your inbox is full so I could not reply.

It?s a Moducase DF120 DISPLAY CUBE but it?s 2 connected together without a pane in the middle so I could angle it in. So if you have space to connect 2 you can do that. Though looking at it you may just be able to I would have to check.
03f39f0bedcd17134fadcad52d88223a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let?s do a roll call on the Ecto-1...

I got one!!!

1. Jolietbat
2.Outatime1978
3. davejames
4. Bgnyc007
5. swo77
6. TurdFurgusonsHat
7. Mattyboy1010
8. GuruAskew
9. TexasFinest
10. Black Sheep
11. Jason
12. iMax-S

Stopped on page 138 as I seek others going back pages...

Back