Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m not too worried about integrating the USB into the car, I?m unconcerned about what?s going on on the opposite side of my display. The obvious USB sticking up is a huge eyesore from any side though so I did find these angled USB adapters that should look much better. I ordered this set and it even comes with 1 of each orientation so you could display it with the cord running down either side. It also seems a lot smaller than other similar cables and adapters:

SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Male to Female Extension Data Cable Up and Down Angle 2PCS by Oxsubor(20CM,8IN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CF7243G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9YnEEbVMCXWP4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The USB sound is a joke. It clearly wasn't done that way with the proto and someone here figured out that the route Blitzway went was lazy, cheap, and possibly even a wiring mistake that they cheaply fixed. Which wouldn't be a surprise considering the red vinyl decals on the fins:slap. Short of soldering wires and possibly replacing the sound board there is no way to save the sound "feature" and make the car look correct.

Considering how little I will use sound, i am just going to hide a bluetooth speaker close to the car. The Ecto is super cool overall but it has a few issues that border on being unacceptable considering the price. I could never get rid of it though, it's too nice having it next to the Delorean.

For me the loud spinning motors is still the biggest issue. It just makes it really hard to enjoy the light effects with that grating sound underneath it all. I saw someone on Youtube added something called a potentiometer to adjust the speed and slow them down a bit, which apparently makes them quieter. Guess I could give that a try, but I have a feeling it still won't be enough...

For me the loud spinning motors is still the biggest issue. It just makes it really hard to enjoy the light effects with that grating sound underneath it all. I saw someone on Youtube added something called a potentiometer to adjust the speed and slow them down a bit, which apparently makes them quieter. Guess I could give that a try, but I have a feeling it still won't be enough...

I thought that would be the most annoying part for me too watching the early videos. It does bother me for sure but for me the most annoying parts of the car in order are..

1) vinyl decals used in place of proper paint

2) bumpers are not proper chrome

3) sound function is basically unusable

4) the spinning lights make unintended loud noise

5) door fit not 100% flush

I have a few other much smaller nits but those five are by far the most annoying. To be honest if the bumpers were chrome and the red fins were painted I wouldn't have much trouble overlooking the other issues :gah:

I thought that would be the most annoying part for me too watching the early videos. It does bother me for sure but for me the most annoying parts of the car in order are..

1) vinyl decals used in place of proper paint

2) bumpers are not proper chrome

3) sound function is basically unusable

4) the spinning lights make unintended loud noise

5) door fit not 100% flush

I have a few other much smaller nits but those five are by far the most annoying. To be honest if the bumpers were chrome and the red fins were painted I wouldn't have much trouble overlooking the other issues :gah:

sell it, while the market can still afford it, or stick with it until the end of time.

sell it, while the market can still afford it, or stick with it until the end of time.

I wound up returning it to Sideshow over issues. Full return, including original shipping. Plus they sent a label to ship it back. I wish the car was better. But $1600 in my pocket is pretty sweet too.

I wound up returning it to Sideshow over issues. Full return, including original shipping. Plus they sent a label to ship it back. I wish the car was better. But $1600 in my pocket is pretty sweet too.

What were your issues with it? I got a notice from sideshow that I can convert wait list but I am leaning towards just passing on it all together.

I thought about canceling, SSC said they would give me everything including NRD back. Ghostbusters is pretty much my all time favorite movie ever and i am a car guy. So i decided to keep it and could not be happier. I can't see anyone else making another 1/6 version this detailed and solid for under $2000. I'm still kind of in shock a company actually made it.

It's not perfect but nothing is.

Quick mod/trick to hide the ridiculous USB cable that connects the MP3 player.

This was something quick and simple and looks a whole lot better then just having that long USB cable hanging all over the place.

I?m actually going to paint the USB cable Black and replace the clear zip ties with black ones so that they blend in with the ladder and with the black tubing along the roof top.

Might be awhile with everything being on lock down before I can get the paint and zip ties but just wanted to share this quick mod.

4ecc32f5dca64d018c1ad46b59bdcfbb.jpg

87ac062643a0a031268d187750767e92.jpg

1b926a207bf360b41c53f2fce952555f.jpg

0f0bbbced2366cead76ac815caa6e240.jpg

2a84bd6a00789faf915210935894046f.jpg

4931e97cae3386f02bfc839091e941b6.jpg

1737f507e69ed8c589571d62760fcb93.jpg

aac511a465adb492c209a1e82ceae54b.jpg

5fcd13d44e42ba0589981c7b4fec93a0.jpg

Don?t paint it black. Most spray paints do NOT dry well on rubber. It will be sticky forever and just make a mess. I learned this the hard way. You can just buy a black cable any length you want. So much better.

i bought the playmobil version and very happy with it the lights & siren turns on without needing an mp3 file or USB cable lol. but must be difficult to pack everything back to it's carton box and lug it to the post office especially during these times.

Don?t paint it black. Most spray paints do NOT dry well on rubber. It will be sticky forever and just make a mess. I learned this the hard way. You can just buy a black cable any length you want. So much better.

Thanks, yeah I ended up just ordering a black usb cable and right angle adapter from amazon. Won?t get it until April 15th, hopefully sooner.

Ah that's great, nice to see that a few from the UK have them now. I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received it yet.

D3486A43-475E-4CF4-BD4A-A200251ECFAE.jpg
Ah that's great, nice to see that a few from the UK have them now. I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received it yet.

I just picked mine up, although the store has been hanging on to it for while I paid off $50 here and $75 there since January.

90289DFC-BB3F-48DA-A129-6BF44DCABFA7.jpegSo at this point I can see one of the top spotlights is crooked a little bit. The one on the left in this photo. Has anyone else got this problem and tried straightening it just by hand? I don?t dare do it because I don?t want to break it. Just trying a little doesn?t move it. Kinda annoying. Also there?s paint or something across the front bumper I?ve attached just one photo of it but it?s across the length of it. Anyone recommend what I could use to try to take it off without ruining the bumper paint?. B946ADCB-8D3A-4F35-9011-F2CF0C0A8A96.jpeg

Back