Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case anyone is wondering, this is the MP3 board that they used for the sound. If you take apart things with this ecto you really see that they were cutting corners and cheaping out. The MP3 player costs about $1, maybe less if bought in bulk. They took the time to solder on the wires for the speaker even though there are screw terminals for the speaker on it, and a 3.5mm jack, but couldn't be bothered to add wires to run it off the battery which would have taken the same time to solder a couple wires on. Runs on 3.7-5V so it easily would have run off the battery pack on the roof...or even add another one inside that box if power is a concern.

People should be complaining about the lack of effort that went into this at the last mile. They phoned in the electronics...the only good news is that it should be simple enough to put in an arduino or something and run at lease everything on the roof off that.

View attachment 480740

Great post!

Yeah it's so bizarre that they didn't power it off of the roof batteries along with everything else. Hopefully someone can post a tutorial on how to do that. I can solder and wire up LEDs, but don't know anything about how circuit boards or arduinos work.

don't worry i have my playmobil ecto 1 placed and it will come with lights & siren powered by the batteries yeeehawwww.

I went ahead and did the light bar mod offsetting the lights, and yeah it definitely makes them look a lot more accurate now. Basically you just hold down the gear and use some needle nose pliers to rotate one of the lights in the opposite direction, and then once you sit the silver section with the motor back down, it all starts working like normal again.

Still want to fix the flashing headlights, but haven't gotten around to figuring that one out yet.

Also forgot to mention that I believe the people assembling the electronics screwed up and plugged the light bars into where the flashing deck lights should be and vice versa. The light bar lights actually flash on and off (which doesn?t help the look of them). If you swap the plugs on the circuit board for the light bars with the plugs for the deck lights then things look much more like the prototype. I?ve not tested the voltage on each but at a guess that seems like the problem. There were also extra connection points on the board which I?m not sure what they are for, possibly originally there was planned sound integration or something.

Sorry I didn?t take pics of it all!

I went ahead and did the light bar mod offsetting the lights, and yeah it definitely makes them look a lot more accurate now. Basically you just hold down the gear and use some needle nose pliers to rotate one of the lights in the opposite direction, and then once you sit the silver section with the motor back down, it all starts working like normal again.

Still want to fix the flashing headlights, but haven't gotten around to figuring that one out yet.

You should be able to just jump it from the outside lights.

Has anyone successfully and safely removed the rear metallic bumper piece? Any ideas on how it is actually attached? The front bumper can be safely removed by taking out the six screws that hold it in place (four visible under the bumper, two on the rocker panel area behind the front wheels).

The rear bumper has some hidden connections somewhere.

Has anyone successfully and safely removed the rear metallic bumper piece? Any ideas on how it is actually attached? The front bumper can be safely removed by taking out the six screws that hold it in place (four visible under the bumper, two on the rocker panel area behind the front wheels).

The rear bumper has some hidden connections somewhere.

Are you trying to redo the chrome?

That's great, I still have no idea when I should be receiving mine. Let us know when you receive it

Venkman.jpg

Venkman's gearing up, ready to invoice for the next job!

Are you trying to redo the chrome?
Not necessarily. Mine came with some pretty serious scuffs on the front and rear bumpers as well as botched paint on the rear bumper. The worst I have seen out of any posted "issues". Rather than attempt to return the whole vehicle, I wanted to know if the front and rear bumpers could simply be exchanged for non-defective pieces.

The front is easy to remove. The rear, not so much.

Mine is coming from France via pallet road delivery and tracking hasn’t changed for over 5 days as I guess it’s sat in a warehouse due to all this corona crap ����

Hello folks!

I'm new to these forums :)

For those who live in Germany and are interested? Some German retailers (i.e. bunker158, Toy Palace) started to ship ECTOs to their customers last week.

I got mine yesterday, had to put it into my Garage first :lol , going to unbox this beauty coming weekend.

Cheers

Max

I think part of it is just the large space around the inner box, which makes the huge outer box a lot more fragile. So every time a worker tries to pick this up, their hands go straight through.

Back