Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone who owns this clear something up for me. Is there a way to adjust the rotator speed in the light bar as I?ve seen it move way too fast in some vids including Jon deals vid but in the vid below it?s moving slower and more movie accurate. Does it depend on the charge time or something. Would be grateful if someone could clarify

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJkcNhQsb4

There's nothing indicated in the instructions that I saw. Will glance over again tonight. Mine runs the same speed as the video and that looks normal to me. I used fresh batteries and made sure my connections were firm.

I love it. The only thing negative thing is the sound of the motors for the rotors. Its the 1/6th item I've always wanted and for me it didn't disappoint. I'm fine with the liberties they took with sizing, etc. I wish I would have bought a couple of more spare Blitzway packs for the gurney.

Guru, I'll see about that DeLorean pic this evening.

Just look at that face...
476b048ecf588fdaf48523697a1d3cde.jpg

Nice shot! And it at least appears there like the headlights are a less blueish color than the lights on top. Although probably still not as warm as they should be.

No, I never said everyone did it last night. They could have auto-canceled a bunch that were all unsuccessfully charged at the same time. They also may have added them all back into their inventory at the same time after separate cancelations.

I?m sure this item will have an unprecedented amount of cancelations based on the high price alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBTS restocks items as they are canceled, one or two at a time. I?ve done page monitors for specific sold out figures to try and catch one and can pretty definitively say that?s how they tend to relist stock over the past few years. They don?t wait for large batches like that. I got my 1st release Hulkbuster this way.

Another anecdote for how they do restocks is that I was also watching the Finn/Stormtrooper 2-pack with store credit for a few weeks, meaning to pick one up, and then it finally sold out. Then a few days later 10 came back in stock with a different url but all listed as sub-standard grade instead.

So I?d say them magically listing 10 more of these vehicles has a very low chance of it being due to 10 cancellations. Just my observations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love it. The only thing negative thing is the sound of the motors for the rotors. Its the 1/6th item I've always wanted and for me it didn't disappoint. I'm fine with the liberties they took with sizing, etc. I wish I would have bought a couple of more spare Blitzway packs for the gurney.

Guru, I'll see about that DeLorean pic this evening.

Just look at that face...
476b048ecf588fdaf48523697a1d3cde.jpg
That pic looks awesome.
The motor sound isn?t an issue for me. It?s a toy not a Tesla. My hot toys power loader motor is loud like that too. I?ve turned it on once when I bought it. That?s it.

If they get 10 cancelations they aren?t going to arbitrarily put 2 back in their for-sale inventory. And I fail to see how 10 is a ?magic? number on an item that is arguably the most expensive new collectible in the category of articulated action figures and their accessories (which obviously takes statues, replicas etc. out of the equation.) BBTS also has an automatic cancelation period after your payment declines. If they charged people on the same day their cancelations could all hit on the same day too.

There have been several mentions of early processing emails in this very thread which would anecdotally support that Sideshow is getting a lot of cancelations. I got mine on the last day they were available (2/5) so cancelations haven?t bumped my order up yet but they obviously won?t be emailing people on the waitlist until the cancelations exceed the pending orders.

Not only is this theory wholly logical, it is the most obvious explanation for the sudden increase in inventory. The only way you can discount it is to make the case that nobody canceled, and we all know people will cancel an item that hits them with a $1300 charge suddenly.

I haven't seen anyone here say they have received notice from BBTS. But I hope we start seeing all the big retailers start shipping this out in greater numbers. Right now it seems like they are being weanied out two or three at a time :lol

I should have clarified, in this thread people have stated they got early processing emails from Sideshow and someone else said they tried to get Sideshow to charge their last payment immediately and were told they weren?t allowed.

If they get 10 cancelations they aren?t going to arbitrarily put 2 back in their for-sale inventory. And I fail to see how 10 is a ?magic? number on an item that is arguably the most expensive new collectible in the category of articulated action figures and their accessories (which obviously takes statues, replicas etc. out of the equation.) BBTS also has an automatic cancelation period after your payment declines. If they charged people on the same day their cancelations could all hit on the same day too.

There have been several mentions of early processing emails in this very thread which would anecdotally support that Sideshow is getting a lot of cancelations. I got mine on the last day they were available (2/5) so cancelations haven?t bumped my order up yet but they obviously won?t be emailing people on the waitlist until the cancelations exceed the pending orders.

Not only is this theory wholly logical, it is the most obvious explanation for the sudden increase in inventory. The only way you can discount it is to make the case that nobody canceled, and we all know people will cancel an item that hits them with a $1300 charge suddenly.

They didn?t get 10 cancellations. 10 is simply the max in-stock number shown in the drop down for any item BBTS sells. I mentioned buying my Hulkbuster because yes, that $800 item was coming back in stock one or two at a time as they were being canceled by other customers. Hence we would be seeing the same thing here if these were cancellations. Price of the item makes no difference. Please someone else chime in if I?m not being clear with this. But yes, I completely argue against your logic on this as someone who has closely monitored their stock for dozens of different items of all price ranges for at least the past two years. I literally have page monitors set up that refresh every 5 seconds and send me notifications when things go in and out of stock.

I also have 4 Detolfs. Do you have the Delorean? I?m hoping there will be just enough room for the wheelbase of both of them if you don?t mind them each sticking off the edge a little.

Here you go.
cb6290a5042b7369adf2ad9875988d0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here you go.
cb6290a5042b7369adf2ad9875988d0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for showing this. Four detolfs is way too cramped. Need five across to properly display them. Still unsure what I am going to do. Might build something specifically for the Ecto, Delorean, and their respective figures.

I don?t have room for a 5th Detolf without doing some major reorganizing. We?re talking upending and entire room. That?ll have to do for now, it obviously isn?t completely ideal but yeah, I?ll have to make do. I?m going to try to figure out a good way to chock the tires so they don?t roll off, my Delorean is currently up against a corner wall with no danger of rolling off of its side.

Here is a video that popped up in my YouTube feed. Strangely the lights seem to be spinning more slowly than we have seen so far. Seems quieter too. I hope this isn't going to be an Ecto 1 luck of the draw type situation....https://youtu.be/wpJkcNhQsb4

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

ECTO 1 Arrived Today... Its Awesome.....................

I ordered the Ecto 1 from Time Walker in 2017... I paid it off in December when it became clear the vehicle would be arriving in Early 2020.. I received tracking Tuesday FEB 4 Last week... Arrived Via UPS this afternoon... Worth every penny... I ordered a second one today as I would expect the value to go up, especially if the New Movie dropping in July is a hit...

If you are on the fence and you have the budget - Just get it - you can always resell it later...

BBTS stopped putting their full stock on the website a while ago. I wouldn't trust it as any sort of gauge of stock level.

Man, I'm excited and stressed about this at the same time. Glad if push comes to shove I can put it up on my detolfs but I'm really wanting one of those mod cases for mine so I don't have to dust it. The less I touch it the less stress lol.

Back