Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity.... what would be the procedure supposing you were shipped a damaged car? All scratched paint or something.

Normally I imagine you?d return it but its going to cost the place you bought it from a lot of money, and would probably take them some time to get another one if they even could..

Most likely they will ask you to destroy the damaged item and they will ship you a new one. No return shipping involved.

It's just the cost of doing business.

The most in your face negative thing is how damn loud the spinning lights are. I can't understand how that was ever approved as OK and ready to ship.

I don't recall anyone destroying the 89 batmobile. Not sure why they did not but i know they were looking for people to take the damaged ones really cheap.

I'm not sure if there would even be a replacement for this might just be out of luck. Not thrilled with the lights or siren but it is what it is.

So worth the wait...
65bc2eba06a0b6e953e39d868f3379b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love the firehouse entrance, did you make that yourself?

The reality of paying for this thing is going to lead to a lot of cancelations, especially at a place like BBTS that doesn?t allow for the split payments. Both Sideshow and BBTS had non-refundable deposits for this reason. I?m sure 10 people got cold feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So worth the wait...

Oh so you did end up putting it on the detolfs. Seems to fit just fine. 👌🏻
Now what do you think, just overall, of the car? Did we all make the right choice by buying it?

So worth the wait...

I also have 4 Detolfs. Do you have the Delorean? I?m hoping there will be just enough room for the wheelbase of both of them if you don?t mind them each sticking off the edge a little.

The reality of paying for this thing is going to lead to a lot of cancelations, especially at a place like BBTS that doesn?t allow for the split payments. Both Sideshow and BBTS had non-refundable deposits for this reason. I?m sure 10 people got cold feet.

No chance 10 people decided to eat $320 overnight. They somehow got an increased allotment.

It?s absolutely possible people ate the NRD given the alternative is paying that plus $1000.

You have been here since 2005, you should know better.

This is a game retailers have started to play so they don't have to offer 30% off discounts later on. I fell for it here. They sell their allotment out and then decide if there is enough interest for another shipment or even start waitlists to gauge interest. Then order more if possible.

Oh so you did end up putting it on the detolfs. Seems to fit just fine. ����
Now what do you think, just overall, of the car? Did we all make the right choice by buying it?

I love it. The only thing negative thing is the sound of the motors for the rotors. Its the 1/6th item I've always wanted and for me it didn't disappoint. I'm fine with the liberties they took with sizing, etc. I wish I would have bought a couple of more spare Blitzway packs for the gurney.

Guru, I'll see about that DeLorean pic this evening.

Just look at that face...
476b048ecf588fdaf48523697a1d3cde.jpg

Last edited:
You have been here since 2005, you should know better.

This is a game retailers have started to play so they don't have to offer 30% off discounts later on. I fell for it here. They sell their allotment out and then decide if there is enough interest for another shipment or even start waitlists to gauge interest. Then order more if possible.

It doesn?t matter if I?ve been here since the dawn of time. The reason NRDs exist is because people cancel them. They don?t stop all people from canceling, they keep the people who aren?t willing to lose it and get something for the unprepared people who cancel. That would be the same situation for any similar deposit and if you?re going to make the case that it?s 100% effective in preventing cancelations then you have your work cut out for you.

It doesn?t matter if I?ve been here since the dawn of time. The reason NRDs exist is because people cancel them. They don?t stop all people from canceling, they keep the people who aren?t willing to lose it and get something for the unprepared people who cancel. That would be the same situation for any similar deposit and if you?re going to make the case that it?s 100% effective in preventing cancelations then you have your work cut out for you.

If course it won't stop all people from canceling. But this was sold out for a couple days only to suddenly come back into stock in large-ish number and you think that last night after hours that ten or more people hopped online to cancel their Ecto? Yeah right...

No, I never said everyone did it last night. They could have auto-canceled a bunch that were all unsuccessfully charged at the same time. They also may have added them all back into their inventory at the same time after separate cancelations.

I?m sure this item will have an unprecedented amount of cancelations based on the high price alone.

Can someone who owns this clear something up for me. Is there a way to adjust the rotator speed in the light bar as I?ve seen it move way too fast in some vids including Jon deals vid but in the vid below it?s moving slower and more movie accurate. Does it depend on the charge time or something. Would be grateful if someone could clarify

Last edited:
Back