Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when the 89 Batmobile came out, many people said that putting 600$ in a giant plastic car was insane but with the Ecto-1, we?re not talking about 600 or 700$ but 1700-2000$... So personally when I see bubbles under stickers ( at this price could have been painted logos) or cars wrapped before paint completely dry, it?s hard to digest...

But anyway if you are a die hardcore fan of the movie, whatever the flaws, this is still the piece to get before secondary market prices will reach the moon...

Not the Blitzway but this guy made a fantastic job on a 1/18 with the lights! :clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURH94oh3KQ

Nice! I had sourced TINY stepper motors to have the radar sniffer both rotate when I did mine but never got around to it, cool to see it in action on someone?s though! I like the addition of the interior light when the door opens and turn signals too.

As I said, it was based mostly on just one picture. But, yeah, I now pretty sure see it`s way of. The proportions is the one thing that all in all, makes the figures so small in front of the Ecto. Ofcourse, since height is off then width is off and then depth too.

The size doesn't really look too bad to me with them standing in front. It's only when they're behind or beside it that the scale appears way off.

Screenshot_20200210-122644_YouTube~01.jpg

Just FYI, Entertainment Earth is NOT free shipping on this, with taxes, handling and shipping charges
it comes out to over $1950.00 there. That was shipping basic from them to PA.

As cool as the piece is... it simply does not look like a $2,000.00 collectible.

View attachment 478393

Wow! Nice catch. Looks like I got a deal from Sideshow paying retail. Lol!

Out of curiosity.... what would be the procedure supposing you were shipped a damaged car? All scratched paint or something.

Normally I imagine you?d return it but its going to cost the place you bought it from a lot of money, and would probably take them some time to get another one if they even could..

I would keep the Ecto-1 and get a parcel refund from the store you purchased it from....

You can always repair a damaged Ecto-1 then not get another one back...

If Blitzway can send you a replacement part; you put it on yourself and all is good...

When mine arrives tomorrow and I have any quality control problems; I?m going to drink a beer and still admire the idea the Ecto-1 is finally here...

Then drink another beer and go to sleep knowing I can fix the issues...

Then wake up have another beer eat my breakfast looking at my Ecto-1 that I waited for three years that arrived with some issues and call up who I bought it from...

Then hang up Hang up have another beer with my lunch; take a shower and watch some TV with another beer look at my Ecto-1 that took three years to get; while petting my dog....

After having another beer I?m going to look at my Ecto-1 while exiting the house to go to the grocery store to buy more beer!!!

Beer makes every Ecto-1 look good...

Are we all watching the same videos and seeing the same pictures? I can?t wait for this. I?m so fortunate to be able to afford such a toy. I much rather have an oversized vehicle than an undersized one. There?s always that build-a-vehicle subscription thing for those of you who want it small.

Some people just aren?t ever happy. And zooming in with a magnifying glass to look for imperfections is just looking for mistakes. I?m excited too man.

Out of curiosity.... what would be the procedure supposing you were shipped a damaged car? All scratched paint or something.

Normally I imagine you?d return it but its going to cost the place you bought it from a lot of money, and would probably take them some time to get another one if they even could..

With the nightmare that HT had with the 89 Batmobile i remember SSC trying to get local comic shops near the customer to take damaged ones at a discount instead of having it shipped back. I think most just got money back and kept it if i remember correctly

The only thing that bothers me is the painted white areas on the "A" and "B" pillars. Some silver paint should take care of that.

screenshot-20200210-122644-youtube-01.jpg

I think it's incredible we got this at all, considering the enormous cost of the equally enormous tooling involved. A company called Amalgam, who make sports and F1 cars in 1/8 scale, charge upwards of $6000.

Judging by the way over the top OCD being displayed on this thread of the last year, its was obvious their would be over the top OCD critique as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, very cool Delta88. Although are you sure the detolfs can take the weight? They're saying this Ecto weighs around 60 pounds, which seems like a lot for shelves made entirely of glass...

Wow, very cool Delta88. Although are you sure the detolfs can take the weight? They're saying this Ecto weighs around 60 pounds, which seems like a lot for shelves made entirely of glass...
I discovered they are a lot stronger than they get credit for. I had 10 survive Hurricane Harvey after being submerged in 6ft of water for 2 weeks. The wood was obviously done for. I threw them all in a dumpster and not a single one broke. Had to climb in and take a hammer to the glass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I discovered they are a lot stronger than they get credit for. I had 10 survive Hurricane Harvey after being submerged in 6ft of water for 2 weeks. The wood was obviously done for. I threw them all in a dumpster and not a single one broke. Had to climb in and take a hammer to the glass.

OMG sorry to hear that happened to your home:(

Were you able to save most of your figures/other belongings?

OMG sorry to hear that happened to your home:(

Were you able to save most of your figures/other belongings?
Thanks. Lost a lot of Hot Toys. But was able to re focus on properties that truly meant something rather than going after everything.

Back