Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was pissed to see BBTS bump the price up that much--especially for a piece without an ES.

That's honestly what has me more riled up. All I know is if Hepburn happens, I'm not missing out.

Definitely worth $500 (relative to Sideshow PF prices or XMs absurd pricing) but I can understand why people would be turned off by BBTS just upping the price like that.

IDK. For me it definitely doesn't feel like it should come close considering it doesn't have an ES. At this point it is mainly due to its sold out nature. Also consider the simple base and so on, SS at least has intricate or busy bases, and even a ton of em are nowhere near the 500 price point.

Marilyn have joined the king. :wink1:

11042016464 copy.jpg

:D

IDK. For me it definitely doesn't feel like it should come close considering it doesn't have an ES.

Just because it doesn't have an ES doesn't mean Blitzway will make it again like Sideshow did with the Hulk Maquette. It just means they can, so there is no guarantee this product will be made again. Obviously people didn't think they would make it again and thus, why it sold out. ES obviously plays a role in value but that's only if the statue has a high demand.

At this point it is mainly due to its sold out nature.

Have to agree with you there, but the reason it sold out is because it is a beautiful looking statue. So after it sold out it was in high demand, hence why the value rose.

Also consider the simple base and so on, SS at least has intricate or busy bases, and even a ton of em are nowhere near the 500 price point.

Yes Sideshow make some good bases but it seems they put more effort into them than the statue of the figure, at least for the real life actor ones. I am not sure about most people but the thing that makes a statue have a high value to me is the quality, likeness and paint job of the statue of the figure itself, not the base. That being said, obviously an awesome base is appealing but if the figure sucks then the base is pointless, regardless of how good it looks.

Last edited:
I see Timewalker collectables has listed this as sold out now, since Arpil 14th has passed, I guess that means they didn't get anymore in.

Last edited:
Thanks Nuri, just got this at the end of last week so it's not like I have had it for a while. Anyway as far being a Monroe fan, well, let's just say I am more or less a fan of all the classic beautiful women of what is considered the golden age of Hollywood. :wink1:

Fair enough mate! Seems a lot of people here are fans of the women from the golden age of Hollywood.

Well apart from the peg issue, IMO the quality is quite good. I could be wrong but the whole PVC area looks like it has been painted with a base coat like the polystone parts of the body, because the color of the skin tone looks exactly the same on both mediums. Although the paint job is good I would not call it realistic, the shading is subtle and I think it is mainly the painted freckles that accounts for these different tones. That being said, it is still a nice smooth paint job and not sloppy like a lot of the ones on Sideshow pieces and thus, is painted beautifully.

Therefore, overall I would say it is a high quality statue but IMO not really worth anymore than the RRP, let alone the crazy BIN prices on ebay! :horror

I'd say the lack of detail in the paint is probably because she's supposed to be wearing makeup. Just a thought. Sounds like you like it overall. The prices are expensive now but probably similar to what pop cultcha would charge anyway.

Yeah that looks brilliant, just hope they fix that peg issue that causes these pieces to slant. The only one that never had this problem was the Bruce Lee GOD.

Hope so. Should be good coz of the flat feet.

Fair enough mate! Seems a lot of people here are fans of the women from the golden age of Hollywood.

These women just had more elegance and class compared today's female stars. They were not just hot they were classically beautiful.

I'd say the lack of detail in the paint is probably because she's supposed to be wearing makeup. Just a thought.

That's a good point but the paint job on the sculpt should be more realistic even with the make up. And it's not just the sculpt, though all of her skin has a subtle paint job, there is basically no shading in between her breast. It's quite obvious that is is a statue and not a real person.

Sounds like you like it overall.

I do but the paint job and sculpt is not as good as the prototype, nevertheless, it is still good though.

The prices are expensive now but probably similar to what pop cultcha would charge anyway.

Most likely.

Hope so. Should be good coz of the flat feet.

Hopefully, but if they sculpt any of the legs crooked (like Sideshow has done on many PFs that lean) then this piece will lean, regardless if the feet are flat.

Last edited:
This is a grail to me, and I wasn't really active on the forums when it was announced and then released, so I missed out on ordering direct at $360.00.

That being said, I jumped on it yesterday when I saw it at BBTS. I can't wait for her to arrive.

Nothing personal, but for a $20 difference, I'd rather buy from a retailer I know that an individual I don't know.

Back