Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These women just had more elegance and class compared today's female stars. They were not just hot they were classically beautiful.

Oh please...LOL These women had the same issues as many from the current crop of celebs. I mean we're talking about Marilyn Monroe...LOL

This is a grail to me, and I wasn't really active on the forums when it was announced and then released, so I missed out on ordering direct at $360.00.

That being said, I jumped on it yesterday when I saw it at BBTS. I can't wait for her to arrive.

Wow, that was an easy "grail" to obtain...LOL I thought the term "grail" was attributed to something rare, expensive and tough to find.

Wow, that was an easy "grail" to obtain...LOL I thought the term "grail" was attributed to something rare, expensive and tough to find.

Its all perspective either way. An impossible to find expensive statue that nobody wants can hardly be a grail either. One that everybody wants that I dont want does not make it a grail for me. It becomes about what the majority thinks is a grail vs what I think- and what I think wins every time. Then you got peeps who've been waiting 10+ years for a statue to be made- so upon release although it is readily available and not hugely popular its a grail. Once obtained never sold- also a grail trait.

Chinese knock-offs are awful... luckily, the original is far more beautiful. I guess the seller is being honest that this is a fake by showing the BS "sexy goddess" packaging.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1-4-Bl...192586?hash=item4b04ddcf4a:g:n5sAAOSwHsRYCszj

I still think if you own the Blitzway original, this is the best female sculpt done to date. I'm not sure why anyone would part with theirs, nothing comes close to this perfection and I hope one day statue companies are able to start doing quality paint work like the authentic Marilyn Blitzway.

Chinese knock-offs are awful... luckily, the original is far more beautiful. I guess the seller is being honest that this is a fake by showing the BS "sexy goddess" packaging.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1-4-Bl...192586?hash=item4b04ddcf4a:g:n5sAAOSwHsRYCszj

Still sucks though that there are knock offs.

I still think if you own the Blitzway original, this is the best female sculpt done to date.

I'm not sure why anyone would part with theirs, nothing comes close to this perfection and I hope one day statue companies are able to start doing quality paint work like the authentic Marilyn Blitzway.

Probably because it looks nothing like the prototype, the sculpt is a bit long and skinny, also it lacks the cheek bone structure the proto had. Lots of details got lost during the conversion process from the resin proto to PVC sculpt used for mass production.

Well, we'll agree to disagree. :lol I think the product looks bang on to the prototype. Much better than what other statue companies make. Truly breathtaking. Blows others out of he water. I don't think she's skinny at all, but to each their own, that's why the statue market is so big as there's enough to make everyone happy with something out there. As for the Chinese copies, they look nothing like the real thing. Bad paint job and cloth etc. I hope Blitzway continues doing 1/4 because they're knocking it out of the park. Also impresed by Prime 1 too. I haven't bought anything Sideshow in almost two years but that could change if they keep the QC up.

Well, we'll agree to disagree. :lol I think the product looks bang on to the prototype.

Seriously?

As much as I like this statue, I do feel a bit of resentment when I compare it to the prototype and that's when the thought crosses my mind about selling it. So obviously now I don't compare it to the prototype. :eek:

Much better than what other statue companies make. Truly breathtaking. Blows others out of he water.

That I can agree with, but because of the lack of cheek bone structure it can sometimes look more like a Barbie doll than a real person because of it's soft appearance, depending on lighting.

I don't think she's skinny at all, but to each their own, that's why the statue market is so big as there's enough to make everyone happy with something out there.

Well I am not trying to convince you as you can believe what you like but that was one of the first thing's most people noticed. The long narrower face compared to the proto. That being said, it's still obvious that the statue is a statue of Marylin but the proto was pretty much 100% Marylin. I found Marylin looks the best when posed on angle, rather than directly straight on like in this pic below

As for the Chinese copies, they look nothing like the real thing. Bad paint job and cloth etc.

Yeah but I still hate how their are KOs of this, some people might get fooled into buying them, thinking they bought a genuine Blitzway product, especially when these companies sometimes advertise only the Blitzway pics of the product.

I hope Blitzway continues doing 1/4 because they're knocking it out of the park. Also impresed by Prime 1 too.

I think the majority of people are all their stuff is high quality and looks it to.

I haven't bought anything Sideshow in almost two years but that could change if they keep the QC up.

Yeah they totally messed up the TDK Bats as far as QC goes. Usually their horror line is the least likely to have QC problems and also have good paint jobs to.

Last edited:
Seriously?

As much as I like this statue, I do feel a bit of resentment when I compare it to the prototype and that's when the thought crosses my mind about selling it. So obviously now I don't compare it to the prototype. :eek:

That I can agree with, but because of the lack of cheek bone structure it can sometimes look more like a Barbie doll than a real person because of it's soft appearance, depending on lighting.

Well I am not trying to convince you as you can believe what you like but that was one of the first thing's most people noticed. The long narrower face compared to the proto. That being said, it's still obvious that the statue is a statue of Marylin but the proto was pretty much 100% Marylin. I found Marylin looks the best when posed on angle, rather than directly straight on like in this pic below

Yeah but I still hate how their are KOs of this, some people might get fooled into buying them, thinking they bought a genuine Blitzway product, especially when these companies sometimes advertise only the Blitzway pics of the product.

I think the majority of people are all their stuff is high quality and looks it to.

Yeah they totally messed up the TDK Bats as far as QC goes. Usually their horror line is the least likely to have QC problems and also have good paint jobs to.

Good points you bring up. I still love this piece. Marilyn is stunning and I like classic Hollywood. I don't think we'll get anything better for a long time. As for Sideshow horror, nope my friend, they even messed up the Jason Voorhees PF blood work. :lol Sideshow prices are getting too high for their overblown ES and not-so-great quality. Too hit and miss, but I will cherish the old Sideshow pieces I have as they've done some incredible and creative work from years ago. The comic Supes PF and new Spidey PF (though plagued with QC problems) were top notch if you got a good one. I passed on Spidey due to QC but bought Supes. Hoping for more Blitzway and Prime 1 and will cherish Marilyn too. She looks darn good next to Superman. :hi5:

Good points you bring up.

Thanks man.

:hi5:

Wasn't trying to bash this statue but was just trying to offer an objective view point.

I still love this piece. Marilyn is stunning and I like classic Hollywood. I don't think we'll get anything better for a long time.

Yeah so do I but I think we might be in the minority there, would like statue of Grace Kelly as well.

As for Sideshow horror, nope my friend, they even messed up the Jason Voorhees PF blood work. :lol

R u talking about the the blood splatter on the clothes? Trust me man it doesn't look as bad in hand as it does in pics. Also my point was that usually there are less QC problems with the horror line than the other lines, be it paint or other issues. The Jason statue looks like a high quality statue as done Pinhead as both the sculpted parts are painted well.

Sideshow prices are getting too high for their overblown ES and not-so-great quality. Too hit and miss, but will cherish the old Sideshow pieces I have as they've done some incredible and creative work from years ago. The comic Supes PF and new Spidey PF (though plagued with QC problems) were top notch if you got a good one. I passed on Spidey due to QC but bought Supes. Hoping for more Blitzway and Prime 1 and will cherish Marilyn too. She looks darn good next to Superman. :hi5:

Yeah the older pieces were higher in quality, that's for sure. I am also trying to stay away from Sideshow and buy either Blitzway or Prime 1. :wink1:

Blitzways next statue - Rocky - is another step up from Marilyn.

Several steps up, Marilyn is fantastic, Rocky is amazing. He's flown under the radar but IMHO it's the best statue this year... yes better than Darkness, Ghost Rider or well anything for that matter. Also for what one gets the price of $470US was a bargain. Can't wait to see what Blitzway do next in this line...

Blitzways next statue - Rocky - is another step up from Marilyn.

Agreed.

Several steps up, Marilyn is fantastic, Rocky is amazing. He's flown under the radar but IMHO it's the best statue this year... yes better than Darkness, Ghost Rider or well anything for that matter. Also for what one gets the price of $470US was a bargain.

The sculpt on Rocky looks proto perfect (not sure if it is, but it looks it), whereas it is obvious to many that the sculpt on Marylin is off, but yeah I agree still a fantastic statue.

Can't wait to see what Blitzway do next in this line...

As long as they make a statue as good as Rocky and the difference between the final product and proto is not noticeable.

Some people don't base their own personal statue grail on how much money it takes to acquire, or how many years it takes to find. Everyone calls Doom a grail, but I sure as hell don't think it's a grail. It's all subjective.

Maybe, just maybe, I absolutely love Marilyn Monroe and never would have thought in a hundred years that a company would make a statue of her - let alone a 1/4 scale statue with a picture perfect portrait.

Last edited:
Maybe, just maybe, I absolutely love Marilyn Monroe and never would have thought in a hundred years that a company would make a statue of her - let alone a 1/4 scale statue with a picture perfect portrait.

The portrait on this statue is far from perfect.

This is what I would consider perfect.

This is just not even close that.

Last edited:
Wow, she's still so gorgeous though. Man, I would love to see what Blitzway would do with Gotham City Sirens. Marilyn is stunning. It's a bit off from the proto which is unfortunately normal with these companies, but even the in-hand product is so lifelike and awesome. I dunno, I like her because much like Superman, she's a timeless classic. I understand what you mean about proto to production piece though. I would rate this production piece 9.5 out of 10 IMO. It's YEARS AHEAD of anything Sideshow has ever given us in a production piece IMO (no offence Sideshow). Why isn't Blitzway keeping on the 1/4 train? Hopefully the announce something new soon.

The portrait on this statue is far from perfect.

This is what I would consider perfect.

This is just not even close that.

LOL not even close? Ok, whatever you say.

These were just taken today on a much better camera.

The only difference between the proto pic and the pics I've taken is that in my pics, her hair is a bit more glossy and they are under completely different light schemes.

Last edited:

These were just taken today on a much better camera.

The only difference between the proto pic and the pics I've taken is that in my pics, her hair is a bit more glossy and they are under completely different light schemes.[/QUOTE]

Breathtakingly beautiful and one of the most beautiful pieces ever made! A keeper for sure. Yeah, I agree, this has to be the best paintwork on any statue I've seen and it certainly trumps other statue companies paint work by miles. 9.5/10 easily.

Last edited:
Breathtakingly beautiful and one of the most beautiful pieces ever made! A keeper for sure. Yeah, I agree, this has to be the best paintwork on any statue I've seen and it certainly trumps other statue companies paint work by miles. 9.5/10 easily.

Another crappy fake from China just sold to some poor sucker on ebay. Thankfully the fake doesn't look anything near as perfect as the authentic production piece. These sellers are criminals and should be reported to Blitzway:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-Scale-...581760?hash=item3ad5b60fc0:g:NLsAAOSw2xRYXOQi

Back