Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me.

Although, I'm not as harsh on this, like I am of statues based on peeps whose movies I actually watched multiple times when I was younger. Her face isn't really etched in my memory as much I guess. I think it's a good looking statue though. Something random I seem to want.

I think Blitzway's website is down. How much does this cost?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it in the 1st post. $361.

So head & hair are PVC, but the body is polystone & PVC? I don't see a seam around the head & neck area. Which had me thinking about the idea (if I remember correctly) of having the inside of a statue be polystone, with PVC on the outside, to capture more realistic skin tones.

Is that what's happening here?

Or is it head, hair, neck, chest, & stomach area being PVC, with the seams hidden under the dress, & the rest of the body being polystone?
1. Head, Hair : PVC
2. Body : Skin effect Polystone & PVC
3. Shoes : Polystone
4. Diorama Base : Polystone
5. Costume : Fabric
6. Package : Color EPP + Color Box

Last edited:
A Marilyn Monroe statue is an interesting choice for a statue. I wonder what kind of demand there is for it? I really do not see anyone under the age of 50 having an interest in it, but I could be wrong.

Don't mean to go off topic but since this is Blitzway, what happened to the Rocky II 1/4 statue? You would have thought that that statue would have been the next announced statue from Blitzway.

I can assume it's not the hottest seller among us collectors,but certainly alot of Monroe fans out there that collect memorabilia in general.

Or is it head, hair, neck, chest, & stomach area being PVC, with the seams hidden under the dress, & the rest of the body being polystone?

Yeah, that's what I guessed a couple of days ago:

I wonder how they'll go about it here. PVC head and visible bosom, with seam covered by the dress?

A Marilyn Monroe statue is an interesting choice for a statue. I wonder what kind of demand there is for it? I really do not see anyone under the age of 50 having an interest in it, but I could be wrong.

You're definitely wrong. This kind of statues caters to the general movie aficionado, not just the usual action/sci-fi/adventure/horror fan that statues are mainly aimed at.

3.Creators
Producer : Won Choi
Director : K
Art Sculpt & Paint : K.A.Kim

I knew the name rang a bell. I just saw this beautiful 1:6 sculpt by her yesterday:

10406449_1587767091496036_3383774535314527504_n.jpg

10268452_1587767068162705_4201945383676515580_n.jpg

11102882_1587767064829372_156153600178200988_n.jpg

176619_1587767071496038_2675689208135994_o.jpg

That's a talented sculptress. Beautiful, too. Check her professional Facebook account.

Looks very nice. I'll probably be ordering. Not sure if it will go into the collection or with my wife's Barbies.

Anyone know what the Clint Eastwood is for? I'd like to get two, one for Dirty Harry and one for Jonathan Hemlock in the Eiger Sanction.

I can assume it's not the hottest seller among us collectors,but certainly alot of Monroe fans out there that collect memorabilia in general.

Great point, I was just basing my opinion on the fact that the majority of collectors here are males between the age of 18-40 and collect either comic book super heroes or action heroes.

Great point, I was just basing my opinion on the fact that the majority of collectors here are males between the age of 18-40 and collect either comic book super heroes or action heroes.

That's the crux of the matter. Some of us collect mainly that because there's no other kind of product available. Not that I don't like what's being offered, mind you. I'd love for somebody to do the actors you mentioned over on the other forum, but I'd like actors/actresses from movies even before their time, too. :)

Like I said, when you love movies in general, you love movies from all genres and ages. ;-)

That's the crux of the matter. Some of us collect mainly that because there's no other kind of product available. Not that I don't like what's being offered, mind you. I'd love for somebody to do the actors you mentioned over on the other forum, but I'd like actors/actresses from movies even before their time, too. :)

Like I said, when you love movies in general, you love movies from all genres and ages. ;-)

I'm with you, who knows, you may see Mcqueen, Eastwood and Newman in the near future, am not a super hero or horror collector so I would be all for seeing iconic movie and music performers done as figures and statues.

For less than $400 I have to problem to PO this. Will always find a corner in my house for this baby.

I got more toys than my daughter

Just put my $30 deposit down with Secret Compass....

I'm hoping they will do like a Marlon Brando (Godfather), Clint Eastwood (Spaghetti Western), etc..etc..

Last edited:
Maybe they'll do a Some Like It Hot statue someday

That was my thought, too. The fact they stress the film title over her name would suggest a SLIT piece might be in the pipeline, kind of like they did with their two versions of Bruce Lee - only they didn't seem to have the rights to the movies themselves in that case.

I mean, I can't see them releasing a 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' Jane Russell statue next. :p

That was my thought, too. The fact they stress the film title over her name would suggest a SLIT piece might be in the pipeline, kind of like they did with their two versions of Bruce Lee - only they didn't seem to have the rights to the movies themselves in that case.

I mean, I can't see them releasing a 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' Jane Russell statue next. :p

They'd be mental to not do the white dress scene

Back