Black Widow Painted!!! And She brought her lethal weapon...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of who's to blame (Bowen or Marvel Licensing) I just can't bring myself to own a lot of bowen. At 12" tall, they just lose their appeal displayed next to a 18-22" sideshow piece.

I have the Bowen Thanos, and Planet Hulk on the way, but at least these 2 pieces are significantly larger and kind of hold their own.

So beautiful BW sculpt, but a pass for me due to size.

Yeah I don't get why all of his releases lately have been in the 12" range. Even black cat being of the same size puts me off from buying it because it just would not fit into my current collection of 1/4 sized statues.

Yeah I don't get why all of his releases lately have been in the 12" range.

Sheesh. Some of you guys must be new to the game! LOL

Bowen has been producing same size Marvel statues since the late 90's. He's constantly adding new characters to their line-up of previously released statues so why would Bowen collectors want to see these new characters in different sizes??? We want a consistent look across the board, you know? If he sculpts a Gladiator or Owl or Whiplash statue I want him the size of the Daredevil statue I bought in 1998. Okay?

What if Sideshow started making their 1/4 scale figures 1/5 or 1/6? You'd be the first to _____ that the characters don't match in size to your previously purchased 1/4 dolls. In fact, isn't that what people were complaining about recently with the the PFs and comicquettes and how this guy doesn't size up to this guy, etc. Wasn't there an issue recently with the Punisher or some body else?

Bowen has a certain license with Marvel with limits to what he can produce. This INCLUDES SIZE LIMITS you bunch of morons!! LOL

I like consistency. I want my 1/4 scale dollies to match as I want the size of my Bowen statues to match. I collect what I like and what I can afford. I don't limit my collection to certain sizes (stupidest thing I ever heard!). But I do want consistency in the different sized lines that I collect.

Get it????

BB

Bowen has been producing same size Marvel statues since the late 90's. He's constantly adding new characters to their line-up of previously released statues so why would Bowen collectors want to see these new characters in different sizes??? We want a consistent look across the board, you know? If he sculpts a Gladiator or Owl or Whiplash statue I want him the size of the Daredevil statue I bought in 1998. Okay?

What if Sideshow started making their 1/4 scale figures 1/5 or 1/6? You'd be the first to _____ that the characters don't match in size to your previously purchased 1/4 dolls. In fact, isn't that what people were complaining about recently with the the PFs and comicquettes and how this guy doesn't size up to this guy, etc. Wasn't there an issue recently with the Punisher or some body else?

Bowen has a certain license with Marvel with limits to what he can produce. This INCLUDES SIZE LIMITS you bunch of morons!! LOL

I like consistency. I want my 1/4 scale dollies to match as I want the size of my Bowen statues to match. I collect what I like and what I can afford. I don't limit my collection to certain sizes (stupidest thing I ever heard!). But I do want consistency in the different sized lines that I collect.

Get it????

BB

:rotfl:rotfl :lol Why are you getting upset? So what if they arent going to get it because of size. I dont think they are bashing Bowen. they like the statue but they would have preferred it to be bigger. I like the BW statue and the Black Cat that Bowen has for PO... but I do wish they were taller. 12" statues do look good on my desk though.

Punisher was supposed to be 1/4 but I think its actually 1/5 or 1/4.5. I'm sure some people returned it because the size was wrong.

:peace

Get it????

BB

i didnt like some of the BD bash neither, but this post is just as bad...ur not going to win ppl over by calling them morons...

Love the sculpt, but damn every female sculpt they are planning on releasing have boring bases. Look at the mystique base, very generic and boring. I will order black widow, but hope Bowen gets more creative with the bases for future releases.

Love the sculpt, but damn every female sculpt they are planning on releasing have boring bases. Look at the mystique base, very generic and boring. I will order black widow, but hope Bowen gets more creative with the bases for future releases.

The Mystique base is more in tune with what's been previously released. In general, when it's an action pose, Bowen's bases are heads above the rest!

BB

:rotfl:rotfl :lol Why are you getting upset? So what if they arent going to get it because of size. I dont think they are bashing Bowen. they like the statue but they would have preferred it to be bigger. I like the BW statue and the Black Cat that Bowen has for PO... but I do wish they were taller. 12" statues do look good on my desk though.

Punisher was supposed to be 1/4 but I think its actually 1/5 or 1/4.5. I'm sure some people returned it because the size was wrong.

:peace

I'm not upset. I just hear this constant whining about size and it seems I'm the only one that will address it. There's reasons for why they are the size they are.

BB

I'm not upset. I just hear this constant whining about size and it seems I'm the only one that will address it. There's reasons for why they are the size they are.

BB

Understandable.... But is it really whining?

The Mystique base is more in tune with what's been previously released. In general, when it's an action pose, Bowen's bases are heads above the rest!

BB

Mystique base is nice... too bad the rest of the statue isnt up to par.

I just ignore the comments on scale and buy what I like. How can you get a message across to people who are either unwilling or incapable of understanding that not everyone collects the same stuff.

I just wish DC would get that message and release multiple lines at different scales or at least give companies like BD or SS a license to produce what some collectors have been crying out for.

With regards to Bowen producing at a large scale...maybe its simple economics and its just costing too much.

BB

It's more in tune, but they could've added more detail. Look at the ghost rider's base. More creativity went into the base. Also they could've done something similar to Moore's Lady Death base.

I just ignore the comments on scale and buy what I like. How can you get a message across to people who are either unwilling or incapable of understanding that not everyone collects the same stuff.

I just wish DC would get that message and release multiple lines at different scales or at least give companies like BD or SS a license to produce what some collectors have been crying out for.

With regards to Bowen producing at a large scale...maybe its simple economics and its just costing too much.

Bowen: 12" $175
Sideshow: 16" $200 (obviously they have some that are more)
CS Moore : 16" (w/base) $180

Are Bowen statues 12" with or without the base?

typical BD male characters are 10"75 inch without base, putting BD statues at roughly 1:6.5 scale.

They range in size. The average is around 12 inches although some like Planet Hulk are quite tall.

I love the Bowen classic style, but yeah... I agree they are overpriced when compared to the other companies. I have to be very selective and usually do the ebay route to shave off some of the $$$.

The size thing is cool with me though. I like so many Marvel characters, but just don't have the room to have them all in 1/4 scale. I try to reserve the 1/4 scale for the big iconic characters only, and display that stuff separately from the Bowen stuff.

Black Widow looks great. I might get this one down the road, and am really glad I never bought the 1st version now.

Back