Black ice and why are people so stooopid?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overe here where I live in northern New Mexico it sometimes snows decent like the other day. The thing that sucks is I work nights and my job entails that we HAVE to be there no matter what kind of weather. My job location is basiclly in the mountains. So at night noboby is up and of course the snow plows are still parked. So guess what I get to make my own tracks. Kinda scary when you can't see the road anymore so you try to stay in between the trees. Its fun sometimes but it does suck too cause I would rather be at home....on the forum :lol:monkey3

We rarely ever get snow.....but when we do it's just one wreck after another. We have a ton of hills in Seattle and it's always entertaining watching idiots try to drive up or down them. I live at the bottom of a hill and a couple years ago we got some snow and sure enough someone slid all the way down the hill and hit my car that was parked in front of my building. I learned a lesson that day....whenever they say we may get snow or if it's cold enough to freeze I move my car behind my building where it is safe from crazy drivers.

I'm extra careful when I drive in snow or icy conditions....I was careful before, but I still hit a patch of black ice and put my car into a telephone pole head on. Fractured my nose.

over here in the Uk if it snows more than an inch the country goes into panic mode and the infrastructure grinds to a halt.
There was a bit of frost on the roads this morning on the way to work, but I could handle it. :lol

That's because you drive all those minis and they get stuck in an inch of snow!! :lol

so what part of the south west are you in is it near the sea , surely you have had some snow since 1992 , i live in north london , and we had some snow at easter this year.

I live in Dorchester, Dorset, quite near the sea, so we don't get much snow, mostly frost and drizzle. I think it snowed a little bit last winter for about ten minutes, but it didn't settle.

Back