Black ice and why are people so stooopid?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetanut

Super Freak
Reaction score
Had a bit of snow today, nothing accumulative. But the wind chill (sometimes gusting to 40 mph) has made whatever moisture we've had into ice. And there are morons with their fancy-schmancy 4-wheeled drive vehicles slipping and sliding and ditching all over the place because they're driving like it's summer road conditions. and putting the rest of us in danger from their idiocy. Can't seem to understand that 4-wheeled drive is useless on ice. morons:emperor

That happens in Ohio all the time. You really have to watch out for the other guy. They think because they're in those big vehicles that they can do anything. It's just so dangerous.

98% of drivers in the U.S. holler 'Oh ^^^^^" when they hit ice and go into a skid.The other 2% are from Missouri and say here "hold my beer and watch this ^^^^^"

That happens in Ohio all the time. You really have to watch out for the other guy. They think because they're in those big vehicles that they can do anything. It's just so dangerous.

Same here in PA. I drive an Explorer and I drive it no different in the snow than I did my Civic. I don't want to get into an accident. It comes in handy on steep hills though. :lecture

Kentucky is the land of moron drivers!!! Wrecks everyday... when it rains or snows it get worse!!!

Last year on icy roads I was going 40mph on the hwy (65mph) as were most truckers but people started passing me so I backed off. Sure enough a sheriff passes me.. gets about 15 yards up starts spinning out and rams an suv... the Cops can't even drive here.

It snowed last night in Central Texas so it was funny to watch. Just so you know the last time it snowed was about 5 years ago.

over here in the Uk if it snows more than an inch the country goes into panic mode and the infrastructure grinds to a halt.
There was a bit of frost on the roads this morning on the way to work, but I could handle it. :lol

last time I remember snow was feb 1992. Just as well really cos snow's not all that!
It's fine if you are 6 years old and can play all day, but if you still have to get to work it's a pain in the ^^^^^^.

I'm always amazed by how often you see the big 4-wheel drive vehicles skidding and sliding. I just keep my distance :lol

Especially bad in Oklahoma where snow is so foreign to everyone.

Pretty much... whenever there is a bit of snow (even a dusting) people start canceling appointments and meetings :lol

Guess its a good excuse to get out of work :duff

last time I remember snow was feb 1992. Just as well really cos snow's not all that!
It's fine if you are 6 years old and can play all day, but if you still have to get to work it's a pain in the ^^^^^^.
so what part of the south west are you in is it near the sea , surely you have had some snow since 1992 , i live in north london , and we had some snow at easter this year.

In Pennsylvania the first decent snow is always hilarious. It's like everyone forgets what snow is from year to year, so they're like:

"CLEARLY I CAN DRIVE 60 MPH IN THESE CONDITIONS."

It's usually only the first bad snow though. The second time around, people seem to get the hint and drive more carefully

Yeah, kinda like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dooKpdIwwR4

over here in the Uk if it snows more than an inch the country goes into panic mode and the infrastructure grinds to a halt.
There was a bit of frost on the roads this morning on the way to work, but I could handle it. :lol
:lol, that is sooo true.

Im in Yorkshire and we had almost 3 days of snow last week, needless to say everything stopped :lol
...plus side, I now live at the top a hill in a high rise so could look across the city in white, was one hell of a view :rock
x :peace

ohh yeaa man !!

happens here all the time. people think because they have 4x4 they can go at 100km in the ice.

one time this guy was right behind me just riding my ass so I moved out of hes way so he could pass me and he shoots me the finger (2 dudes like 19 years old) and he blows by me.
2 minutes later guess what!!
the 2 dudes on hes 4x4 ford ranger on the middle of the highway stuck on a bank of snow. they 360ed out of control.
I laughed my ass off at them and when i went by I just pointed at them and waved.
serves them right dam idiots.

:lol, that is sooo true.

Im in Yorkshire and we had almost 3 days of snow last week, needless to say everything stopped :lol
...plus side, I now live at the top a hill in a high rise so could look across the city in white, was one hell of a view :rock
x :peace

im jealous. it never snows in bristol. slug loves snow so very much :eek:

Here in Northern NJ when it snows, there's just insane traffic, come to think of it there's unbelievable traffic when it rains, when it's sunny and 90 degrees, when it's cloudy, on Sundays........come to think of it I haven't gone over 45 MPH in about 12 years! :monkey3 I work 8 miles from my home and it takes an hour to get to work and an hour to get back.....

Back