BLACK HOLE V.I.N.CENT 30th Anniversary ATC at SDCC!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No love for Maximilian!?

48462969.png

I haven't seen this movie in ages. I should check it out again, but I'm sure the effects will be dated.

The effects were dated when it was released. You can see wires on the people all the time.
It is hard to believe this was made after Star Wars.

I would buy a 1/4 scale Maximillan in a heartbeat!

I loved the movie, dated effects and all. :lol

No love for Maximilian!?

48462969.png

I would buy a 1/4 scale Maximillan in a heartbeat!

I loved the movie, dated effects and all. :lol

Agreed. This is a REAL reminder of my childhood, this film. I'm REALLY hoping that SS does light-up 1/4 V.I.N.CENT, Old B.O.B, and MAXIMILLIAN 1/4 figures. I'd buy all of them! Add some moveable or swappable parts (retracting leg extenders, claws, etc.) and turnable heads (on V.I.N.CENT and Old B.O.B., it'd be cool if they went up and down too!) and these could be AMAZING!

:D

That's cool. I have the old styrene model kits of Vincent and Maximillian. I don't think they ever made Old B.O.B. Just picked up this movie recently on DVD. I have been thinking about hunting down the old Mego 12 inch figures for the clothing and then shopping around for a sculptor to do some heads.

You'd do better bashing the outfits from items online. The Mego stuff tends to be a little oversized for today's 1:6 figures. Two tan flightsuits for Holland and Pizer, a purple jumpsuit for Kate, pants, turtleneck and sweater for Perkins (Hasbro Arnold Palmer made a decent sweater), Renfield's pants and a turtleneck for Booth...
Let me kow if you start the heads.

Was there not model kits made of BOB and Vincient back in the late eighties?, i remember a hobby shop i used to frequent had them on display back in like 1990.

Just watched the DVD on the weekend. First time I'd seen the whole film since I was a kid! A little cheesy in parts, and some scenes kind of just change or end with no real dramatic spark (editing?), but man is it DARK for a Disney movie. The whole Cygnus crew being turned into those Automatons...man. It seemed kind of scary for a kid...And the way MAXIMILLIAN kills Anthony Perkins with those shredders through the book...

Guess I didn't notice back then because I just looked at V.I.N.Cent and Old B.O.B. Hehe. Cool. Robots! :D

V.I.N.Cent was actually pretty neat, with his one-liner quotes. Old B.O.B. was a bit cheesier, but made a nice counterpoint to V.I.N.Cent, and MAXIMILLIAN was dopily evil. While it's crazy that it came after Star Wars, I think it owes more to '2001' and '20,000 Leagues' (thus the Disney connection, I guess) than Star Wars...other than the robots.

Back