Premium Format Black Cat Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the original so I'm good. Not digging this version either way. With all the Spidey characters and villains out there, Sideshow continues to just release the same characters. What a disappointment.

32f7207fd04e576187dc00c2a8268a35.jpg

0a19513fec7ff29c39dccfa5b2b7a810.jpg

See, I pictured the cat eyes as flesh colored. Kind of a new way to show her cleavage. SS has them on her shoulder which kind of ruins the unique look, for me.

i wouldn't mind a black cat statue but this pose and entire idea is stupid very disappointed on this one

Even though I don't like it, you can see what the comics design is going for. Her breasts create the cat's cheeks while her mid-section creates the cat's body with her hips creating the cat's haunches like it is sitting. The chain makes the tail. With all that, the patches for eyes complete the full image of a cat in the outfit. It's rather clever even though I'm not a fan. However, as others have noted, all of that design is ruined by the placement of the yellow on the statue. I don't see what they were thinking there.

Wow this thing is completely mehhhhhhhh at best...

Didn't see this coming at all and I don't remember hearing any pre-announcement noise on it either, kind of surprised to see it pop up on the SSC site as ready for pre-order out of no where and this has to be one of the most underwhelming pieces I've seen in a while...

Even though I don't like it, you can see what the comics design is going for. Her breasts create the cat's cheeks while her mid-section creates the cat's body with her hips creating the cat's haunches like it is sitting. The chain makes the tail. With all that, the patches for eyes complete the full image of a cat in the outfit. It's rather clever even though I'm not a fan. However, as others have noted, all of that design is ruined by the placement of the yellow on the statue. I don't see what they were thinking there.

Ask Marvel...this is her new costume

Ask Marvel...this is her new costume

No, it's not. Did you read everything I wrote, or even look at the reference picture above? The "eyes" are only on her chest, above her breasts, in the new comics costume design, not elongated from the side of her breast, over her armpit and onto her shoulders. The don't even look like eyes on the statue. I know it's impossible, but SS messed this one up.

No, it's not. Did you read everything I wrote, or even look at the reference picture above? The "eyes" are only on her chest, above her breasts, in the new comics costume design, not elongated from the side of her breast, over her armpit and onto her shoulders. The don't even look like eyes on the statue. I know it's impossible, but SS messed this one up.

Question for the Forum. I don't hate the new PF Black Cat, however, it seems like most think something should be done to improve it. Has SS ever made any major changes to a statue after it was released for PO due to collector complaints or suggestions?

Her arms are also outstretched

Question for the Forum. I don't hate the new PF Black Cat, however, it seems like most think something should be done to improve it. Has SS ever made any major changes to a statue after it was released for PO due to collector complaints or suggestions?

I'd also assume depending on how many initial pre-orders would have some sort of impact. As of now I feel no one that has checked this thread has ordered this piece so far :huh

Also over time certain pieces grow on people and they end up ordering it. I am a good example as Supergirl finally manged to rope a pre-order from me.

Also over time certain pieces grow on people and they end up ordering it. I am a good example as Supergirl finally manged to rope a pre-order from me.

I cant' wait to read the reaction to the PF Supergirl when it starts shipping. I just couldn't get past the way the face and neck was done so I never ordered it. I hope people are happy with the final result. Would love it if some changes ended up being made during production. Thanks for the info.

Practically never. The much maligned Supergirl wasn't changed. Doubt they'll change Black Cat.

Not really. Apparently, what customers think about a piece doesn't really matter to Sideshow.

Supergirl was first shown at a con and there was uproar so they changed it, and actually made it look a lot worse. This is the only piece I can really think of where changes were made (though they were not made for the better).

Not really. Apparently, what customers think about a piece doesn't really matter to Sideshow.

Supergirl was first shown at a con and there was uproar so they changed it, and actually made it look a lot worse. This is the only piece I can really think of where changes were made (though they were not made for the better).

The Darth Vader premium format originally did not have a light up light saber.

Aside from that piece SS really has not made to many other recent adjustments. Prime 1 excels in listening to feedback. They have made a lot of adjustments to please their customer fan base. Hopefully they continue to do so when appropriate. :hi5:

Back