Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good looking statue but I was really surprised with how the diamonds look and how the cat sits. The diamonds look like oatmeal and I kept thinking the cat peg was broken because it's so wobbly. Hard to get exactly flush against black cats leg. The cat looks really wrong at certain angles. Wish they just went with the cat standing and not one with a indented side.

Just ordered a bunch of diamond confetti- went with 4.5mm. Not sure yet if I'm gonna just pile them on or glue em... maybe use some of that glitter glue or some such.

It's a good looking statue but I was really surprised with how the diamonds look and how the cat sits. The diamonds look like oatmeal and I kept thinking the cat peg was broken because it's so wobbly. Hard to get exactly flush against black cats leg. The cat looks really wrong at certain angles. Wish they just went with the cat standing and not one with a indented side.

You honestly probably don't want it flush against her leg. She's black the cat is white, you're probably asking for a paint rub if it's constantly making contact.

This came out so good, I'm kinda wishing SSC would also make the JSC drawing of Black Cat crawling into a statue, too.

So I bought this statue because I had $92.50 worth of rewards. This is the very last statue I will ever buy from sideshow collectibles and I had hoped it would go off without a hitch. Unfortunately mine came damaged with a large scratch to her inner leg and a chip out of her lip. So now unfortunately I have to **** around taking pictures of the **** so I can get an exchange from sideshow collectibles. Hopefully after that I will finally be done with this company. Have to say I'm more than pissed off that now I will have to sit around waiting for the delivery man so I can sign for this ****ing statue once again. Sideshow I can't wait to be done with you!

A little background. I have ordered a total of 14 statues from sideshow collectibles. The first being the Grey Hulk comiquette. I was very happy with that piece and was hooked. The last statue prior to this one being the J Scott Campbell Spiderman comiquette. I had to return one statue for a full refund that being the Star Wars mythos Gamorrean Executioner statue because it was completely damaged. Of the remaining 13 I would say one quarter to one third of those had damage and I had to deal with sideshow to get replacement parts. Others I accepted with bad paint apps, because I was just happy that they were not damaged. How does a company with such loyal customers get away with this **** time and time again? To me that is a serious problem with quality control and customer service. To me a hobby should be fun and enjoyable, but when you have to deal with this time and time again how is that fun and enjoyable? I've been noticing how much they keep raising the cost of the statues too. These statues are not that great they should be lowering the cost of this stuff. Unbelievable!
IMG_20160316_0042481_rewind.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160316_0039307_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160316_0039307_rewind.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by a moderator:
sorry how do you get the pics right side up?

pics always come out weird. before i post em, I go through them with edit and rotate them and save, then I run thru again and rotate em back. There may be an easier way, but this way doesnt really take very long

I just wanted to compliment this statue, especially her pet cat. What breed is it?

pics always come out weird. before i post em, I go through them with edit and rotate them and save, then I run thru again and rotate em back. There may be an easier way, but this way doesnt really take very long
Yeah. I went though them before posting and they were all right side up in my Mac.

For you ...getting her signed is a must. Otherwise, she would be the oddball since the other three are signed.

i had no idea of how beautiful this statue was until i received it in my hands .... now i have to find me a mary jane

Oh you'll love MJ. She's a keeper ...and so is Gwen. Love this line.

Back