Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_m7393hFO8S1rq7hcqo1_500.jpg

If you look at the nose, the narrowness is caused by shadow where here it's a 3-D element, same with the boobs. They aren't completely rounded on the control art here they look like globes on the final piece. It's not bad by any means, just different than what I expected and not enough to get me crazy in love with it.

I mean compare them one on top of the other. There is a striking difference between them.

Boobs are like that I think because the art is a top down shot and the statue pic is a bottom up shot. She's not quite as globed in the different angle shots

200232_press06.jpg

Diamonds? At first glance I thought they were bubbles from a bubble bath.

i came to say thats what it looked like to me as well. it really does look like a bubble bath (or snow)

i am not seeing diamonds,thats for sure
the shape and volume makes it look like foam. specially the volume

Last edited:
What a bizarre design. I don't think a person with a skeleton can make that pose. I love though how the anatomical fantasy is coupled with the über-practical inclusion of kneepads. Subtle, guy, real subtle.

I'll probably get an infraction, but this statue is exactly what is drawing more and more criticism because of the way it limits the appeal of comics and reinforces negative stereotypes of geek culture. You can do sexy without going overboard into farce.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it's so "small" and costs so much. I'm not really a fan of the face. It doesn't really capture JSC's art the way the MJ and Gwen did. That narrowed nose is throwing it off. I'm going to have to consider this. I might take the cash I'd spend on this and hunt down MJ. The base is uninspired but then again I'm not sure what people were expecting. I'm interested to see the production piece but I don't think I'll be ordering it day one. I definitely see the Megan Fox parallels, but I like the face of the original JSC work instead.

tumblr_m7393hFO8S1rq7hcqo1_500.jpg
ddd61a176afb38fd3081440a644e866a.jpg

If you look at the nose, the narrowness is caused by shadow where here it's a 3-D element, same with the boobs. They aren't completely rounded on the control art here they look like globes on the final piece. It's not bad by any means, just different than what I expected and not enough to get me crazy in love with it.

I mean compare them one on top of the other. There is a striking difference between them.

you also made me realize that the mouth is supposed to be a close mouth smile,

but when narrowing the nose in 3D the mouth got smaller as well, so i dont know if the smile on the drawing didnt work anymore.

she looked nicer in the drawing smiling. i dont have much problem with the nose but the mouth is what seems odd now (maybe because all my attention is focused on the mouth now lol)

you also made me realize that the mouth is supposed to be a close mouth smile,

but when narrowing the nose in 3D the mouth got smaller as well, so i dont know if the smile on the drawing didnt work anymore.

she looked nicer in the drawing smiling. i dont have much problem with the nose but the mouth is what seems odd now (maybe because all my attention is focused on the mouth now lol)

That art print above the design is for the body only, the face is from another art print so this statue is an mix from 2art prints.
Link face art print:
https://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/w1600/pict/380266492515_/Black-Cat-Fine-Art-Print-by-J-Scott.jpg

The more I look at this the more disappointed I am.
Feel obliged to get her though, might account for a lot of sales.

As a standalone piece I wouldn't even consider it.

Last edited:
To each their own. Some are not going to like this statue ...and some will. The people that were following this piece from the beginning know what's up with this. I'm one of those that followed this from the beginning ...and I really like this piece. The base is disappointing, yes, but acceptable to me. I'm definitely getting this one.

The more I look at this the more disappointed I am.
Feel obliged to get her though, might account for a lot of sales.

As a standalone piece I wouldn't even concider it.

This is EXACTLY where I am at on this piece. I think the face is somewhat...derpy. I do like the cat though, so the EX is enough of a nudge for me to complete the set, but I am not in love with it, nore would I get it as a standalone. Plus I already picked up some JSC art prints to go with the completed set.

Guess thats why they saved it for last...

J Scott Campbell has always drawn his women sexy. To criticize the statue that's based on his art for being sexy is like criticizing an Ed McGuinness Superman statue for having muscles that are too big. That's simply their style and the statue reflects that. If you don't like the style then you're probably not going to buy this or any other statue based on his art. She's sitting down with a knee up and leg tucked under her. I've seen more difficult poses in yoga and a lot of the women are wearing less than she is while they're doing it.

Does anyone else think that her knees are way too angular? Though I would have preferred her face to be smiling like in the artwork, I still think this is the best looking black cat statue around. Hard time choosing whether or not to buy this piece...

I love JSC's work and I hope this sells because I want more of his work in statue form I just don't like this piece. It reminds me of the Campbell White Queen comiquette that just didn't translate well. Especially compared to the control:

For those who don't know:
X_Men_205_cvr__Campbell_by_Eldelgado.jpg

EmmaFrost00.jpg
emma-frost-premium-format-1.jpg

Not bad per se just different than expected. I hope it sells out though because I don't want this line to stop. I would love to see this turned into a Comiquette:

peter-parker-and-mj-print-signed-2.jpg

To answer the question above, I would imagine that POs will start with the launch of the newsletter if not slightly earlier.

I don't think Emma was executed very well, Blackcat if she comes out as good as the proto I think looks pretty fantastic, its just the decisions that were made on her kinda leave you scratching your head- size/price, base diamonds, space face vs snarky face... I really do like her but probably could have liked her a lot more.

I hope the facial expression changes, I really want this statue but the facial expression is not working for me.

Back