Black/Blitz Friday 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random question: Does anyone know where to find good deals on camera and accessories? I'm in the market for a new lens, but don't know if there are any "Black Friday" type sales on these?

That's awesome, but DLP is slowly fading away isn't?? I have a 3 year old DLP and just had to replace the bulb, and now the color wheel is starting to die. :slap I'm saving for an LED tv sometime next year.

Bulb replacements are a couple hundred ... but, even if I have to do it twice, I'm still under the cost of a comparably-sized plasma (and way under the cost of a comparably-sized LED).

wtf does a person do with a 72" TV? seriously.....

Bask in its glory. And ... its 73". Haha.

SnakeDoc

Ugh, Fry's has a Galaxy 210 512MB PCI-Express Video Card Free after Mail-in-rebate and a Seagate 2TB Expansion Desk USB 2.0 External Hard Drive for $68. :( I hope I can find a 2TB external harddrive online for a decent price. I need one.

Me and my mom went to walmart last night at 12

Seriously the worst experience Ive had in my life. Never doing that again. I'll stick with target.

But I did get Fringe season 1 for 12 bucks! So thats win!

Me and my mom went to walmart last night at 12

Seriously the worst experience Ive had in my life. Never doing that again. I'll stick with target.

The Wal-Mart by me was awesome. Super organized, lots of staff, I was in and out.

Toys r' Us on the other hand... holy crap. I've experienced many black Fridays, but this was the craziest. They were the only store open at 10pm on Thanksgiving, so EVERYBODY was there.

The TRU by me is outside a mall. The parking encompassed the TRU lot, neighboring hotel lots, and a really large chunk of the lot for the mall.

The line to get in (this was about 10 minutes after opening) started at the entrance (which was manned by rent-a-cops and real cops alike), wound around the parking lot, then behind the building, through the alley, back around the building, and then ended back at the entrance. It was about 11ºF outside and there were crazy people who not only brought children, but BABIES AS WELL!!! :slap

Inside was hysteria. It was shoulder to shoulder in EVERY aisle. That is no exaggeration. If a fire broke out, there would've been hundreds dead. I would have left, except I couldn't.

The line to check out seemingly encompassed the entire store. Wherever you went, people would say they are in line to check out. In EVERY SINGLE AISLE. Again, this is not an exaggeration. If there was any staff directing traffic, they weren't in uniform and they weren't making themselves known.

They say a picture says a thousand words, but these pics don't even begin to tell the tale, imo.

20101125223949305.jpg

20101125223959485.jpg

20101125224614332.jpg

Love how stupid people are today, I know someone who ended up in the hospital last night after being slammed into metal doors trying to get into a Best Buy. Her own fault.

The Wal-Mart by me was awesome. Super organized, lots of staff, I was in and out.

Toys r' Us on the other hand... holy crap. I've experienced many black Fridays, but this was the craziest. They were the only store open at 10pm on Thanksgiving, so EVERYBODY was there.

The TRU by me is outside a mall. The parking encompassed the TRU lot, neighboring hotel lots, and a really large chunk of the lot for the mall.

The line to get in (this was about 10 minutes after opening) started at the entrance (which was manned by rent-a-cops and real cops alike), wound around the parking lot, then behind the building, through the alley, back around the building, and then ended back at the entrance. It was about 11ºF outside and there were crazy people who not only brought children, but BABIES AS WELL!!! :slap

Inside was hysteria. It was shoulder to shoulder in EVERY aisle. That is no exaggeration. If a fire broke out, there would've been hundreds dead. I would have left, except I couldn't.

The line to check out seemingly encompassed the entire store. Wherever you went, people would say they are in line to check out. In EVERY SINGLE AISLE. Again, this is not an exaggeration. If there was any staff directing traffic, they weren't in uniform and they weren't making themselves known.

They say a picture says a thousand words, but these pics don't even begin to tell the tale, imo.

20101125223949305.jpg

20101125223959485.jpg

20101125224614332.jpg

Did you go to the one next to Brookfield Square?

I think this will have been my last year going out too. The scene at my Walmart last night was....unnerving. It was so crazy seeing law and order break down in an instant and people become mindless savages trying to get 10$ blurays. Unreal.

The scene at my local TRU was pretty much the same thing as Kabuki described. I stood in line for maybe 20 minutes before deciding to split. Funny thing, I informally asked people what item they were looking to get and everyone I asked didn't have an answer. They basically said that they literally had nothing better to do and come down to "just check it out"

Next year, I'm sticking with Amazon. Period.

I went to some clothing stores with the lady this morning. I got a decent amount of good clothes for pretty good prices. It was packed but people were all pretty nice.

I think this will have been my last year going out too. The scene at my Walmart last night was....unnerving. It was so crazy seeing law and order break down in an instant and people become mindless savages trying to get 10$ blurays. Unreal.

The scene at my local TRU was pretty much the same thing as Kabuki described. I stood in line for maybe 20 minutes before deciding to split. Funny thing, I informally asked people what item they were looking to get and everyone I asked didn't have an answer. They basically said that they literally had nothing better to do and come down to "just check it out"

Next year, I'm sticking with Amazon. Period.

I skipped out on the mayhem this year, and did nothing but Amazon. I pretty much found all of the same deals (ie. TVs, Xboxs, etc.) Granted I didn't buy them all, but knowing they were there at the touch of a button was nice. I did miss out on a few things, which is to be expected. But honestly, I got to experience the same sales, only this time in front of my computer. Overall, Amazon was just as cheap as Walmart. You just have to be quick to click.

Did all my shopping at amazon. My wallets hurting. Probably filled an entire ups truck.

Back