Bionic Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't like Glen Morgan as a showrunner from what I understand, but you can't just fire the showrunner in the middle of the order. So there were a lot of producers that left and new ones hired. From what I understand they were paying as many writers to NOT write as they were to write just because of contractual obligations.

Thought this episode was an improvement on the last two that showed, the sister is still a bit annoying and Katie has a much stronger screen presence than Ryan, but I think thats how the show wants it, Ryan needs to grow into her character, where Katie was the first Bionic Woman, so she knows (at least so far from what has been told, she is the first).

My wife doesn't like the show, but she was a big fan of the original Bionic Woman, where thankfully I didn't see to many of those to compare.

Evan

If the show was stronger, Ryan might grow on me like Anderson in the X-Files did. OR if Ryan was stronger, like Garner was in Alias, I might be captured enough by her to let the slowness of the show grow on me. Unfortunately, the show is weak and the lead is weak.

I cancelled my season pass for Bionic Woman. Maybe I'll tune in for the season finale.

I didn't care for the A story of last night's episode -- too X-Files-ish. Missing was the humor from the previous few. I just hope last night's was written by the writers that didn't last.

I did like the B story with Starbuck and the stuff with the sister. "Life's too short." "You have no idea."

And I agree with Wor-Gar that the writers making Migual remind us every week how much Jamie cost need to cut it out. We get it.

Well, I'm done with the Bionic Woman. Not even halfway through tonight's episode I found myself not caring about what was going on. I just can't get over Ryan. Did they work her British accent into the show to make her not seem so dull? It didn't work.

Well, I'm done with the Bionic Woman. Not even halfway through tonight's episode I found myself not caring about what was going on. I just can't get over Ryan. Did they work her British accent into the show to make her not seem so dull? It didn't work.

Is this show still on the Air? :lol

And don't ever forget "She's a 50 million Dollar Investment!" :lol:cool:

Well, since this show is crap, has anyone seen the ads on Fox for "The Sarah Connors Chronicles"? Sincerely hope that doesn't suck too!

Well, since this show is crap, has anyone seen the ads on Fox for "The Sarah Connors Chronicles"? Sincerely hope that doesn't suck too!

I saw the first episode a while ago, and while it's not crap; it's no pushing daisies, but better than Bionic Woman

"Blownit Woman" Blows. :lol

"Dammit you're a 50 million dollar investment that cost us 50 million dollars Jamie, and we are Not going to let a 50 million dollar investment that cost 50 million dollars end up becoming a 50 million dollar trash heap" :lol

Last edited:

There arr previews all over YouTube and they look incredible. The special effects look great for a television show. It looks like Summer Glau, you know River from Firefly, is a female Terminator or something like that. Only thing is she is a good guy, at least that is how they made it seem in the trailer.
I am definitely going to give it a try.

I am not giving up on Bionic Woman yet. Does anyone know what the ratings has been for this show? I wonder how it's doing.

There arr previews all over YouTube and they look incredible. The special effects look great for a television show. It looks like Summer Glau, you know River from Firefly, is a female Terminator or something like that. Only thing is she is a good guy, at least that is how they made it seem in the trailer.
I am definitely going to give it a try.

I am not giving up on Bionic Woman yet. Does anyone know what the ratings has been for this show? I wonder how it's doing.

Think the ratings for the premier episode were decent, its lost viewers but not a whole lot, I had thought somewhere someone said that an additional 5 episodes had been ordered, I think with the possible writers strike upcoming, more TV shows will be given a longer noose.

Think a few of us who were at SDDC saw the Sarah Chronicles, I was one of them, there is a post somewhere about it, it was a very well put together pilot, the acting was good, the guy who played John Conner was Claire's friend from season 1 of Heroes, he was a bit annoying as John Conner doing the emo thing. I had heard they made some changes to the pilot after SDDC as well.

Evan

The British accent thing was just dumb. Did Ryan just get tired of sounding like a dumb American and wanted to use her real accent for a while? Plot-wise it made no sense. I'm not giving up on the show, but it's not one of my favorites.

I have no idea what that plot was about and each plot point made less sense than the last.

Yeah, the accent thing rubbed me the wrong way. Sure it's the actor's real accent, but no American would adopt that accent as a fake one. And it was crazy how it was written in -- did I type crazy? I meant lazy.

Last edited:
I preferred the accent :)

Show just needs some better direction on what they are doing, if it adopted somewhat of an Alias premise with the extra bionic story line I think it would do fine. I think Michelle Ryan who plays Jamie is actually doing a good job and is very easy on the eyes.

Evan

Necropost time :D

I remember seeing last year on eBay someone was selling a custom 1/6th sculpt of Michelle Ryan as the Bionic Woman. Does anyone remember who that was or have any pics?

Back