Big Trouble in Little China remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea, but they cast the wrong rassler.

LB2R4dt.jpg

"YES!!! Let's just remake every film that was ever made hey? Because the creative pool as run ****ing dry and we have no more ideas left in our tiny brains."

While I'm sick and tired of Hollywood remaking classics and cult classics... the original wasn't great, not by any stretch.
Carpenter was no Kubrick so when he did satire it was empty and boring for the most part. And yet poor basterd did more...

You seem to be constantly posing about how you don't get why everyone is whining about this. That is whining. The incessant complaints about the "selfish, myopic outrages of men who want everything to be like it was when they were boys" and how the "constant whining and chest-puffing is also really, really old" are no better than the complaints about the notion of a remake. In fact, I'd argue that your complaints are far more annoying, as you're, essentially, calling people out for having an opinion that doesn't align with your own and with the idea that "a remake isn't affecting anybody," whereas they're just complaining about a movie.

I also think that, maybe, it would be a good idea to stop and think about just why there's so much trepidation. If we were constantly seeing awesome remakes, do you think there would be this much frustration? No, but, thus far, Hollywood's track record ranges from, exactly, terrible to, at best, mediocre. I'd say they've earned that frustration when, time and again, these studios have bastardized their favorite franchises for a quick buck.

Maybe they...no, we, are entitled, and maybe we're brats who deserve nothing, but one thing that we are entitled to is an opinion, and, if we want to find this idea asinine, and if we want to ***** about it, that's our prerogative.

they already remake the thing and it crashed and burned
so i am pretty hopeful the same thing will happen here.

assault on precinct 13 flopped the hardest ($35 million at worldwide box office on a budget of $30 million.)

i think it is a pretty good safe bet that this movie will be forgotten in 2 months after release :chillpill:

dont forget the fog $29 million us box office on a 20 million budget (45 mil world wide)

this pathetic project might even get cancelled, who knows.

not even the original movie has that huge of a following (more of a hardcore smaller following), general audiences won't care about this at all

if the thing and the fog flopped like they did, i dont even understand why a studio is risking it with this one. unless the budget is very small

not even the original movie has that huge of a following, general audiences won't care about this at all
i dont even understand why a studio is risking it.
Well, they want it safe...
So they take a cult classic film, hire cheap yet sounding star(s), add crappy and pointless humor and VOILA!

No problem Rainman.
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Well okie dokie.

I think everyone gets your point. Please move along.

Right. Like this same thing isn't going on in every other movie thread by many others, in much greater volume and intensity and over a longer period of time. Ultron, Fantastic Four, Terminator, X-Men, Mad Max, and just about everything else, they're all full of similar sentiments, and much worse. Heck, Riddick has pretty much built a career on being anti- whatever a thread is about. :lol It's all the same thing, I guess it just depends on who gets upset by it. :dunno

As far as the remake goes, I'd be a lot more into the idea if it was someone other than Johnson. But as long as he doesn't try to channel Russell's performance at all and just plays it straight, it could work out just fine.

NO need for a remake but would love a sequel with them all original cast, but again Hollywood get it ALL Flippin wrong so sad to us fan's. They have no imagination wait for Willow remake and many other's to ruin. Some one make a thread on what film's need remade or bring us long awaited sequels would be a good thread.

Back