Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gotten the replacement head yet two months later. I'm going to get a refund. What a **** situation.

No, a **** situation is the 3 years waiting for Ripley. Or the 2 years I've been waiting on a Leia dress. Or the 3 years waiting for Gimli.

If two months bothers you, this hobby must drive you crazy.

What really sucks is that I've got a couple figures I bought over a year ago that I still haven't even opened.

Excellent! All three? Curious to hear a new perspective. And see new pictures. :)

My seller checked them out and says that everything is fine with the heads.
Tonight I can’t but tomorrow I’ll start opening James and check it out.

Can’t open ALL of them at once....wife is watching.....[emoji1][emoji30][emoji29]

No, a **** situation is the 3 years waiting for Ripley. Or the 2 years I've been waiting on a Leia dress. Or the 3 years waiting for Gimli.

If two months bothers you, this hobby must drive you crazy.

What really sucks is that I've got a couple figures I bought over a year ago that I still haven't even opened.

Waiting for a pre-order is different. I've no issue with those. But getting a subpar product with nothing changing two months later is a real pain. They were well able to take my money.

I know I have wrote a lot of critical points about Bond figure, but meanwhile I love to play with this boy ;)
Sorry for crappy pics...But it's a fun to pose him.And from distance he looks really nice :)
9d3cbfd05c64d01b003c889b4f5c7d93.jpg
bedbc7b7a6a6f45680dff3487fc5d186.jpg
435972f092ca0fa6b16ed2ada3cf9dac.jpg
2a054807572293df34db0cbc4698f1b0.jpg
acb0ac607d5b280102ec643be2ccfe41.jpg
a99ee5d5b27ff975391a3af74dd455f7.jpg
3411a7b04e3f19fa87ed31622f4b226c.jpg
902bb9e66a8e76deb7a7ba4bc5682116.jpg
09290161fb3cfdb2f481558c1d5d152f.jpg
f885b9c8eed0b9fbbc19a28d87a4c057.jpg
3cf4527efdae195d2fe6c8c9215d2535.jpg
823c145861ddd8816098491760738122.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Bond just arrived from Sideshow...

Nose rubs. :(

I have contacted SS about replacing it. Has anybody had luck getting a nicer one through the SS exchange program?

Sallah

Bond just arrived from Sideshow...

Nose rubs. :(

I have contacted SS about replacing it. Has anybody had luck getting a nicer one through the SS exchange program?

Sallah

I did. It arrived approximately a week from my initial request, packed within an inch of it's life within two layers of foam and completely rub-free.

I did. It arrived approximately a week from my initial request, packed within an inch of it's life within two layers of foam and completely rub-free.

Good to know! I will cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Sallah

Sorry to hear about the rub, Sallah. Curious to hear your thoughts on the rest of the figure.

Yeah it is a bit of a downer... but at least I was pretty much prepared for it to show up like that thanks to this thread. :) Would have REALLY stunk to open it up and been totally caught off guard by it.

Still- I find myself pretty excited and happy with the figure even knowing the rub is there. I am usually so OCD over that kind of stuff that I can't see the good through the bad... So that must be saying something if I am able to still enjoy him despite it. :)

Sallah

Last edited:
Received my Bond from Sideshow yesterday too and also had the nose rub. Even though I knew to probably expect it, always stinks actually seeing your figure have the rub in hand. As for the rest of the figure, I'm not quite sure how I feel. The suit, shirt and tie really don't strike me as super high end(not expecting Kato quality, but still) and the body, as has already been mentioned, doesn't seem right either. The accessories are great and the backdrop and stand pretty cool, but I'm torn. A piece of me wants to just exchange the head, and a piece wants to return completely and wait for the next Connery version of Bond(and hope Roger Moore has better QC). When I get home tonight, I'm gonna try and really fall in love with this guy.

BBTS has their allotment. Let's see if any of the "less than 5%" ended up there! If so, I wonder if they'll honor the return and exchange of damaged products. Their policy states that "minor" rubs wont be considered...

Even with all the cheap figs I have bought over the years. I'm talking below the £50 mark. I have never had such things as nose rubs, maybe a bit of a clunky body here and there but BCS know all about sub standard bodies anyway. BCS themselves must be pretty disappointed by this debacle.

Has anyone actually got a replacement head? 3 months since I sent them an email about this. Seriously I want to like this company, they are British and us Brits should stick together but they are making it very hard for me.

After being on "wait List" and then disappearing from the site, Oddjob is once again listed at Sideshow. Guess they must be getting their stock soon on him...

It looks like BBTS has all 3 listed as actually "In Stock" now. So do I keep my preorder for Goldfinger & Oddjob at BBTS and hope for no rubs on those 2, or switch to SS in the hopes that if I do get rubs that the replacement process goes smoother there?

Sallah

Back