Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some fun futzing Oddjob today...

BEFORE.........................................................AFTER

Before-After COMP 1.jpg

Before-After COMP 2.jpg

I found Oddjob the easiest to pull into shape.

The jacket sits nicely with gentle pulling in the shoulders. The tie was slid up without issue. The trousers, I thought were not bad at all, and generally keep their shape.
When reviewing the pic, I see that the trousers ride up a bit after I put him on the stand, but I’m ok with that.

Overall, I have been very impressed with Oddjob.

Yup, great job Wor Gar, and a terrific looking figure all round. Looks like you had a lot of fun with OJ.

Wor-Gar, the Odd Job on the left wouldn't have made it past the HR receptionist at Auric Enterprises...what a slob. Odd Job on the right however, though dressed to kill, is also dressed for success!

BF05D715-F4B8-460B-883D-4FFBFCD51D59.jpeg
A674CEC9-8F1E-48CE-AD88-8FA15AF305E7.jpg

Can someone explain what the deal is with the shirt on Connery?

In the pic of the figure you can see stitching at the base of the neck lower down from the shirt collar.

Meanwhile in the real world if you look at the actual shirt you can see some stitching at the base of the neck BUT the collar completely covers it.

Therefore, what’s the deal here? Has the shirt been manufactured wrongly on the figure OR does the collar need turning down further? If it needs turning down further surely it becomes too big and the neck would look too long?

I’m very confused as somethings not right surely?

Last edited:
View attachment 385725
View attachment 385724

In the pic of the figure you can see stitching at the base of the neck lower down from the shirt collar.

Meanwhile in the real world if you look at the actual shirt you can see some stitching at the base of the neck BUT the collar completely covers it.

Therefore, what’s the deal here? Has the shirt been manufactured wrongly on the figure OR does the collar need turning down further? If it needs turning down further surely it becomes too big and the neck would look too long?

Just like their Dr who line...the scale of the clothing on these figures are 'hit and miss'. Unfortunately Bond is the poorest looking of the three...

1:6 scale clothing is using 1:1 scale fabrics so you have to get thinner fabrics but they are still 1:1 scale fabrics. So it’s a scale issue trying to compare minor details like stitching to real world stuff. Even so the collar is too high and needs more folding over to sit correctly.

View attachment 385725
View attachment 385724

1:6 scale clothing is using 1:1 scale fabrics so you have to get thinner fabrics but they are still 1:1 scale fabrics. So it’s a scale issue trying to compare minor details like stitching to real world stuff. Even so the collar is too high and needs more folding over to sit correctly.

So you’re saying that if your Connery’s shirt looks like the one in the photo it should be folded down further to cover that neck stitching?

If that’s correct won’t it make the neck look horribly long?

No you would first fold up the shirt collar up move the tie into the correct position and fold over the collar more so the collar is slightly bigger. As Davejames has said you can pull it up once the collar is correct. But it don’t make the neck look long once done correctly.

So you’re saying that if your Connery’s shirt looks like the one in the photo it should be folded down further to cover that neck stitching?

No you would first fold up the shirt collar up move the tie into the correct position and fold over the collar more so the collar is slightly bigger. As Davejames has said you can pull it up once the collar is correct. But it don’t make the neck look long once done correctly.

Ok great thanks for clarifying. Do you have any close up pics of exactly how it should look/sit to go by?

Some members worked with the suit as best they could a few pages back. I’d go back and look for those.

You could also reference the prototype pictures (not s resl picifr from the film) though I found that I could not get the clothes to look anything like the prototype pictures myself

But if the head's too big a longer neck would make it look better?

Back