Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Thank you all very much for all the kind comments.

Always feels good to have a successful futzing session. :)

Big improvement- did you iron the clothes???

Fantastic work. Like night and day.

The futzing master at work! What did you do Wor Gar? May have to steal a few pointers.

WG, your OJ looks absolutely dope. Great job and an inspiration for the rest of us.

Yup, great job Wor Gar, and a terrific looking figure all round. Looks like you had a lot of fun with OJ.

Wor-Gar, the Odd Job on the left wouldn't have made it past the HR receptionist at Auric Enterprises...what a slob. Odd Job on the right however, though dressed to kill, is also dressed for success!

He looks fantastic now!Congrats!

Nice work Wor-Gar:clap

Spindrift: Yes, I did iron the clothing but mostly just the pants. The jacket lightly on the arms. That's it. Very minimal.

Raymond: Here's the complete list of what I did (you've already done some of this):

1. Stuffed shoulder + collar area for fuller chest to fill jacket
2. Added padding to biceps (I don't think it reads much though)
3. Taped around base of fatsuit at thighs (but I'm actually thinking of getting rid of the thigh padding all together)
4. Stuffed back of thigh/ass
5. Wrap neck to thicken as wide as head - basically took a think strip of paper towel and wound it around to thicken (shirt hides paper towel)
6. Iron jacket sleeves
7. Iron pants for crease
8. Folded pants cuffs under and ironed in place to shorten pants a bit
9. Redo tie knot
10. Pinch and shape shoulder tips (using water treatment, also slant shoulder at downward angle)
11. Body shape should be a long V – not a pear

I'm already seeing a few things I want to tackle again.

One thing is strange -- the pocket flaps should be tucked inside the jacket. In the proto pictures, the pocket flaps are indeed tucked into the pocket on all pictures. In the movie, that's exactly how Oddjob wears his jacket (yes, I checked)... although there are some behind-the-scenes pictures that have the flaps out. That's why I generally hate behind-the-scenes or publicity shots -- they're usually wrong.

There are a bunch of ideas in there.
I liked the figure, more or less as he came out if the box.
Your ‘right hand’ pic inspired me to rework the shoulders.
I added in shaped card ‘shoulder pads’.

The folding of the trousers legs seems pretty straight forward- but I didn’t think of that!! I will get into that when I get home.

I can say though that I am even happier with Oddjob than I was after seeing what you had achieved.

Cheers

5E99606D-F7D2-4FC3-9621-494AF5BA201A.jpeg

Here is my Connery after a lot of work on
The shoulder ( remember push them up )
And pulling the tie and shirt down

Looks good, grab the jacket and pull down on each side so it sits on the shoulders a little more, overlaps the waist coat collar lapel a little it should give you more width on the shoulders. See if that helps?

View attachment 385945

Here is my Connery after a lot of work on
The shoulder ( remember push them up )
And pulling the tie and shirt down

Has anyone put the Connery head with the Yunsil suit? I'm curious to see what that would look like.

There are a bunch of ideas in there.
I liked the figure, more or less as he came out if the box.
Your ‘right hand’ pic inspired me to rework the shoulders.
I added in shaped card ‘shoulder pads’.

The folding of the trousers legs seems pretty straight forward- but I didn’t think of that!! I will get into that when I get home.

I can say though that I am even happier with Oddjob than I was after seeing what you had achieved.

Cheers

Thank you very much, DVD! :)

Thank you very much, DVD! :)
Honest opinion please- all the pics STILL make the Connery HS look oversized- I know the shoulders need widening but is it the body/suit not wide enough or is the head too large in direct relation to the entire body itself?? Thanks!

Look at my photos a few pages back. The head is it too big.

Wor gar that shoulder pinching trick is a game changer! Many other great tips in there too. Great work and thank you!! Can’t wait to see what you do next.

Wor gar that shoulder pinching trick is a game changer! Many other great tips in there too. Great work and thank you!! Can’t wait to see what you do next.
I need to agree to Ray about this...

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Honest opinion please- all the pics STILL make the Connery HS look oversized- I know the shoulders need widening but is it the body/suit not wide enough or is the head too large in direct relation to the entire body itself?? Thanks!

So is the real question: is Connery's head too big for its own body OR is his head too big compared to other figures?

Personally, I don't think its too big -- I say that relative to other figures on my shelf. Connery's head looks to be in line with Hot Toys on my shelf (for instance with Nicholson Joker) and its smaller than old Sideshow true bobbleheads.

I believe the narrow shoulder width is culprit making the head look oversized. But I honestly haven't lined up Connery's head to a lot of other heads. Just eyeballing.

Thanks Ray! It's an honor to be able to pass along any helpful tips.

I've saved my favorite -- Goldfinger -- for last and hope to get to him next week.

I put my last comment in there and then realized there was a typo.

I meant to say I actually think the size of the head is ok if anything 3-5% on the big side... not too bad. But the body is incredibly undersized and that’s the issue.
90 pound teenage girl body is what I snarkily used to describe it and it’s pretty accurate!

I do not think that the heads on any of the figures have big heads.
In truth, a number of photos (my own included) do make it look that way.
In my display cabinet, the Bonds are by the Trek and 66 Bats figures. Three companies, and all looking more or less on par (pun intended).
In a long shot, with a vehicle, I can’t see anything wrong (even the nose rub).

On that: my dad administers my account in the UK for ease of payment etc.
I told him about the issues and asked him to copy the info into an email to customer support.
Hmmm. He must have been angry about the issues (against the cost of these) and the email that he sent, gained a tone that I would rather wasn’t there!!
So, I apologize to whoever reads that email for the tone.

Just had an email asking for photos of damage so they can log the issue.
Guessing they are good to go,

I was told they are getting new stock of replacement heads on the 10th.

I thought Greggo said the 8th, today -- anyway I made my final payment to BCS for the 1st Edition and asked for my set to be inspected and any replacement heads needed be included but I don't even know if they can do that at BCS. I might have to go through the same Russian Nose Rub Roulette bummer process you guys (and I sympathize with you) have endured.

Yea I look forward to the day I get my replacement sculpt and am finally able to get him on display. He’s been sitting in his box since I got him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back