Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are in Tennessee now. WTH Fed Ex? You got to fly over me in Utah to get to Wor-Gar! :lol

Oh, and apparently one is still in GB :slap

Why didn’t they ship them all in one big box?

If that big box got crushed they'd have to replace 3 figures, shipping them separately lessens the chances of 3 damaged figures.

The PPK came with all first edition Bond figures regardless of whether they were part of a 3 figure set. The first edition is only sold through Big Chief Studios own website, but if you did order directly through them and ensured it was a first edition figure, you should have received the PPK. If you didn't, it is likely an error.
Thanks! I'll go ahead and email them because I ordered the first edition from their site.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mine are in Tennessee now. WTH Fed Ex? You got to fly over me in Utah to get to Wor-Gar! :lol

:lol

That is weird. That's usually the type of thing that happens with me and FedEx.

Mine all came separate for some reason but I got them all today at once.

Mine as well, though the tracking indicated 3 boxes so it was no surprise. One giant box would likely be more expensive and have too much room inside requiring filler.

I would love a Red Grant figure.

Me too! My not be the most colorful figure on the shelf... but its Robert Shaw, so...

Bond arrived yesterday. Opened today for a quick look. Left leg is loose and there's a scuff on the nose with paint missing. I've emailed Big Chief for a replacement.

Aside from that, first impressions are the paint and sculpt are fantastic in person. The suit is crisp and high quality, the packaging and presentation are the best I've ever seen from any company ever. Hopefully they get on to me soon.

Bond arrived yesterday. Opened today for a quick look. Left leg is loose and there's a scuff on the nose with paint missing. I've emailed Big Chief for a replacement.

Aside from that, first impressions are the paint and sculpt are fantastic in person. The suit is crisp and high quality, the packaging and presentation are the best I've ever seen from any company ever. Hopefully they get on to me soon.
Don't you think head is oversized?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

OK, so I opened my first box of the three... and it had to be AURIC GOLDFINGER. My favorite Bond villain as many of you know, and one that I actually made a custom version of long ago in this exact outfit and with the exact accessories (except I could never make that hat).

I won't bother reposting my custom, but let's just say this BCS figure makes it look like a toy.

QUICK REVIEW:

First, I have not futzed this figure at all -- this is purely based on Fresh-from-the-box opinion.

Sculpt: Excellent! Inigo has captured Gert Frobe expertly as expected. It has Goldfinger with his dissatisfied, grim attitude, as if Bond just delivered a witty quip that Auric didn't like. And he has all the bulges a man of his size deserves. Also, the size of the head looks correct to me. Certainly not oversized on Auric.

Paint: Great. The flesh tone is really nice and lifelike, very rosey like Goldfinger should be. His unique pale pallor with reddened blotches is another aspect that makes him difficult to capture correctly, but they've done a really nice job here. The hair -- which I know from experience is so hard to capture -- really comes across with multiple colors. It's the color I wanted but could never achieve. The only issues I have with the paint is that the pupils of the blue eyes are uneven -- but in hand these squinted eyes are so small you'll never see it. I'm not even sure how the heck they painted it. But with a magnifying glass or macro pictures it becomes apparent.

Outfit: Dead-on accurate and beautifully tailored. Two buttons on the coat front, three on the sleeve, 6 on the vest, the pocket shapes, the vest, the riding pants, everything is perfect -- again, I know this from years of building my own. The overall aesthetic is a wonderful palette of golden hued colors for the man that loves gold. The canary yellow vest alone will make him pop on your shelf. And his girth makes him wholly unique. The jacket and vest are nicely tailored to that unique shape. The flaring jodhpurs accentuate his belly perfectly. My only items of note are: his black tie should be dark brown (I've mentioned this since the proto) and his riding pants may be a bit long, requiring a second folded cuff perhaps (I imagine water treatment will help pull those wrinkles down to his shins though). There's been talk about the snaps, which may be more of an issue on Bond who needs to appear crisp and sharp, but on Auric the vest snaps don't appear to be an issue, they remain well hidden for the most part. A few loose threads that need to be cut is all.

Body: I'm not going to review the actually body underneath, but the poseability and "shape" of Goldfinger. His posture is fantastic. Hunched shoulders, big belly, even the vest is tweaked at the correct spot for a man of his girth. He's standing on my desk as I type this, and his posture just screams Gert Frobe. It's truly a challenge to capture that shape and posture but its here. The joints seem firm and he holds a pose and stands on his own.

So yes, you can tell I'm happy. I've been waiting for this figure for a very, very long time.

If you love Goldfinger, I truly believe you're going to love this figure.

Now for some terrible pictures. Apologies, I dropped my phone and its never been the same since for photos.

What's in the FE box:

GF 1.jpg

Auric Goldfinger out-of-the-box, no futz...

GF 5.jpg

Yes, that poster in the background tells you all you need to know about my love for this movie.

Last edited:
Oh wow Really like Goldfinger!
Wor-gor.. bad news .. your GF has a nose rub
right out of the box. I would try to get his nose
repaired ?. No regrets looking at GF but those pants
really bother me.. can you work on his pants?

After seeing the latest pics, I think Connery’s suit
is the weakest link of the three figures.

OJ and GF looks pretty damn good at least the headsculpts
Connery headsculpt does seem to be a bit big and that
suit ..no futzing will help I don’t think but wor-gor
and Ray can prove us wrong

Last edited:
Oh wow Really like Goldfinger!
Wor-gor.. bad news .. your GF has a nose rub
right out of the box. I would try to get his nose
repaired ?. No regrets looking at GF but those pants
really bother me.. can you work on his pants?

Yep, he does have a bit of a nose rub on the tip. Looks like a glint of light but its a rub.

I'm certain the pants can be addressed. My guess is either cuffing the bottoms a 2nd time (that might be too tight to fit over the boot without some additional stretching) OR water treatment to help pull the excess material down to his shin area that did have most of the wrinkles going on. I believe that will solve the issue.

But I still have two more figures to open before I attempt futzing... and holiday demands are eating up my time.

I forgot to mention how awesome the box is too. But I think that was made clear in the video.

At $250 a pop, I think Bond fans will get their
money’s worth. If BC could come through on better
suits in the future lineup, the Bond line might actually be in good hands.

Something must have happened with the packaging of the Goldfinger figures as mine also had paint rub on the nose, as well as the forehead. Even the pictures of the figures above Wor-Gar's looks to show a paint rub on Goldfinger's nose.

I still think it is a beautiful figure, but my OCD does not allow me to appreciate mine unless I have a clean sculpt. :lol

Something must have happened with the packaging of the Goldfinger figures as mine also had paint rub on the nose, as well as the forehead. Even the pictures of the figures above Wor-Gar's looks to show a paint rub on Goldfinger's nose.

I still think it is a beautiful figure, but my OCD does not allow me to appreciate mine unless I have a clean sculpt. :lol

I'm so sorry to hear about that, as I know you're a huge Bond fan too. It is certainly a lesson learned about this packaging for BCS. Doesn't help that Goldfinger has such a sharp nose. But it looks like a little extra padding is needed in that box over the face for future shipments.

At $250 a pop, I think Bond fans will get their
money’s worth. If BC could come through on better
suits in the future lineup, the Bond line might actually be in good hands.

Based on Goldfinger it sure looks like they are using quality materials. The pants have been stitched to reflect the correct riding pants design -- with actual felt-like material where the pants ride against the horse. Its perfectly accurate but it does stiffen the material with layers and thus it tends to pile up with large wrinkles as you see. Again, those can be mitigated with water treatment.

Back