Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

That one is Silver Fox with DiD statue pic...
fbd4565102963aa27e34a2396f1dfae7.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately DiD only has to get the Roger Moore estate to approve the sculpt. Danjaq has to approve everything "Bond." So BCS goes to Danjaq and MGM who then have to go to the Moore estate for approval. Whereas DiD goes to the Moore estate directly. And the Moore estate gets a bigger royalty - perhaps they are dragging their feet on approving the BCS portrait?

Just conjecture.

I'm less concerned with this pending Moore debacle... and more concerned with the lack of update on the current Goldfinger Bond set... it was supposed to be released end of October which we are fast approaching... but things are strangely quiet.

If here will be any interest for alternative sculpt of Moore, one russian artist would like to make.No right place here to write about, but it's same like about DID, I believe.But anyway I'll go with BC version either.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I'm less concerned with this pending Moore debacle... and more concerned with the lack of update on the current Goldfinger Bond set... it was supposed to be released end of October which we are fast approaching... but things are strangely quiet.

i think that date was meant to be scratched- lucky if we see them early next year

Yeah, I'm still optimistic for end of year, Christmas... but you're likely correct.

Still, an update would be much appreciated. Communication is always best when money is collected...

Yeah I got the Goldfinger on PO. I must have about a dozen figs on PO. So I lose track half the time.

Not strange at all if you are familiar with Big Chief. Don't expect to be kept updated and in the loop. Do expect release dates to slip, and slip, and slip, and slip again, and don't expect to be told when they do. Do expect them to drop with little notice when they finally are on their way. And then pray to the toy gods that this is one of Big Chief's releases that has decent paint apps.

It's a big license for them, and so that may change matters, particularly on the first set of releases, but personally based on previous experience I wouldn't expect these before February next year myself, at best. We'll see, I guess.

BCS just posted this on their Facebook page:

Originally Posted by Big Chief Studios

Our collector figures based on James Bond, Solitaire and Baron Samedi will be previewed very soon...

Hopefully, they are shown sometime this month, but it is hard to say what BCS considers to be very soon.

I'm also curious whether DiD's announcement had something to do with Big Chief Studios wanting to preview their figures.

I'm also curious whether DiD's announcement had something to do with Big Chief Studios wanting to preview their figures.

I would wager on it. They are probably pushing hard with Danjaq to get the OK to show their goods quickly given the news.

This is one of the reasons competition is good, right?

The holster is soooo bad...not even accurate in ANY way....well so is the gun finish, should be "silver" not black. The headsculpt is from Roger Moore stunt double.

Looks like a character from Wolfenstein...talk about a cash-grab.

I had high hopes Did could pull it off, their Pierce Brosnan was pretty good, but that needs more work.

STOP2.jpg

Back