Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

Strange to be holding off on that Moore for so long... and the Connery from Dr. No as well.

At this pace, we already know what they will be making over the next two years. Wake me when its 2019.

Two years? You're optimistic...

Just to be fair to BCS - I know the approval process is hellish for these figures and I can imagine that the delays are beyond their control.

Knowing the Danjaq people myself, I'm 100% certain you are correct.

Nervous praying that these come out as beautiful as the protos. And all too eager to get the next round of figures announced. I want to get to Blofeld and Jaws already. :)

Just to be fair to BCS - I know the approval process is hellish for these figures and I can imagine that the delays are beyond their control.

And their excuse for the massive and continual delays on every single other thing they have ever made is...? :lol

Weird, but this link is not working on my device.Are there more pics in DID?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Yeahhhh, that likeness is a little off. Think I'll stick with BC.

Oh-that one is quiet off.But is it DID statue?

The DID offering....mmmmm.....No thanks....wayyyyyyy off in so many ways.

It seems that Gregg Andrews, (Greggo), from Big Chief Studios, is questioning whether DiD truly has the license to produce and sell their Moore products, on Facebook. I can certainly see this being an issue with BCS, hopefully, getting ready to reveal their own Roger Moore collectible, but it does seem that DiD may have the license to use Moore's likeness. Although, not to use his likeness as Bond so the statue's outfit may cause some serious issues. Additionally, even if DiD can use this outfit, (which is up to debate), I think that it is quite improper for them to use the same gear as BCS for their Moore products.

Having said all that, I'm shocked that another company has announced, and is close to releasing, their figure of Roger Moore when we haven't heard anything out of BCS regarding preorders for their products. Hopefully, BCS announces something soon.

Also, perhaps it would be best for this statue and DiD's figure to be spoken about in another thread, (if the licensing checks out), so as not to take credit away from BCS efforts on this front.

I believe another one product is that one...
1b32ce0b0e04fee00ae53e6ac47e7ff8.jpg

I believe BC will be no problem to beat that one likeness...

Last edited:

Big Chief dragged their feet and someone else besto them to the punch. They have to learn to work faster.

Doesn't make sense to license the same actor as the same character from the same movie by the same owners in the same format to two competing manufacturers. Maybe DiD is simply going after the Moore estate license, not Bond.

This smells like the Soldier Story attempt at Ghostbusters.

But I hope it lights a fire under Big Chief's ass to get some information out on their own figures and their line.

DiD make some great figs & their accessories are some of the best out there + when they announce new figs, they usually release them pretty quick. Fingers crossed the sculpt is a home run.

Back