Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

I completely agree about the lighting! So much of it looks rubbish. I think it worked better at the time because it was something different after so many years of grandfatherly, twinkling Roger Moore, who was fun but couldn't even walk in a manly way. It's dated badly. The one worthwhile moment of that whole film was the fight on the net hanging off the back of the Soviet plane. If you can close your eyes for the close ups filmed in a studio.

The last time I watched it, it came across as a kind of primitive dry run for Goldeneye.

Edit - just read all the positive comments about it. Apologies to anyone who loves it, I hope I didn't come across as aggressive about my view of it.

I like that we can all discuss our opinions in a cool and civilized manner! And like Wor-Gar said it's "Bond" so all's good. And by the by, it would be a pretty boring forum if we all agreed on the same thing...LOL!

Same. Maybe we should start a club. :lol

Dalton is also much closer to the Bond of Fleming's books, so that was always another big tick for me.

LOL..well, we have at least three members to start!
It would have been cool to see Dalton do at least one or two more movies to see where he went with the character...

BC are a pretty consistent company: never made a deadline yet :rotfl

Maybe 007 will be the exception to the rule!!

I think they'll do second option.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Here is what Mark Andrews, one of Big Chief Studios founders, has said on the shipping for these figures:

Originally Posted by Mark Andrews

We will have a full update around the end of this month regarding shipping dates for our pre-order items. Stay tuned folks!

Thanks for that. Eager for some news, BCS has been so quiet. I prefer that to the braggadocio Molecule8.

But I hope the announcement is not a delay.

"Full update" doesn't sound promising for these shipping on time. I'm expecting a delay of some kind for sure.

It’ll be funny if they announce they are shipping their 007 and Who stuff together...
I’d be in fir a helluva delivery!!

Damn, I completely forgot about this figure.

The Who figures have already been delayed (again) until early next year, from what I've heard. I'd be very surprised if the same wasn't true for the Bond figures.

Yeah. Agreed, but I doubt it. None of the BC Who’s have been perfect, in my opinion.
I find that they all display well, but feel cheap, due to the really lightweight base figures they use. I’m expecting similar with these 007 figures.
When my 11th Doctor elbow joint disintegrated I ported the clothes and Head over to a TT slim and, it really elevated the quality of the figure (in hand) .
The delays are now quite bad. I have a couple of those complimentary vouchers, as an apology for the delay. Those will end up going towards the postal costs !!

No they won't, I'm afraid, they expired last week... :banghead

Back