Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did BCS get the Bond license taken off them or did they give up the licence? Its felt like the Bond licence has been somewhat of a millstone around their neck.

Gregg recently commented that BCS still have the license and there will be no Craig figure because he (Daniel Craig) isn’t interested in one being made.

The new James Bond figure is now sold out on Big Chief studio site
And the one the official 007 Store website. Not surprised. Bond collectors don't get new toys very often (it's not a Marvel franchise) and they've waited a long time.

So they have the license but all he said is what they won't be making? How about the next reveal? It's been years...
How recent was that comment as Mark from BCS says the licence has expired and they hope to renew it. Either way, the next Bond figure is at least 2.5 years away.

3AF70CF3-8229-44C2-B26F-2E4A0BDE93D4.jpeg

To my mind, Bond will live or die dy the next actor who gets the part. I think Daniel Craig as Bond has already been done as much as he'll ever be with custom figures. The best Bonds are historic and I think the franchise should now be left to history to be admired and respected as the iconic cinema it once was.

I don’t really think queen studios is anything to take seriously. At this point. They may be…They may not be. Anyone can talk about things they want to make… few more can actually buy licenses but even fewer can become successful at making timely consistent and high quality items. Remember blitzway started off like this in 1/6… and where are they now? All that to say take queen studios with a grain of salt until they have a reason to be taken seriously.

Big chief had a lot of things stacked against them and some QC issues which crippled them and they should have made more figures in their tenure. Also being overly optimistic… I’m all for Bond girls but the only one we got was solitaire… really? But they still managed to make a few figures .

as previously mentioned oddjob, Goldfinger and Moore (I’ll also include Baron) are genuinely good figures.

That’s about where my praise is going to stop… and anyone who cares to pay attention or doesn’t have me blocked probably knows I have a history of being hard on them.

Sadly these two figures, and look I’m glad they came out at all… sadly they are really a massive step backwards.

I for one don’t care about packaging and specially excessively big ones but it was still quite a shock to see how bad the packaging was this time around.

so far I’ve only opened Bond but wow… wow. I don’t recall the last time I’ve seen such a poor suit . Like it’s beyond bad. The one from Goldfinger years ago which was still bad, was light years better than this. I mean this is kind of inexcusable.

The head is nice albeit a bit cartoonish but that’s in part with the paint job, every bit as bad except probably a lot worse than the GF portrait.

Some things like the cigar box or other trinkets are welcome but you can see how much they cheaped out when you look at those playing cars which they were too lazy to print on the back for.

All in all it’s a very sad release. A miracle it came out but it really is a bit of salt in the wound after waiting for so long.

Back to the suits, as hard as I was on the dam toys godfather golden years release compared to this suit it really does show that mass releases can still be half decent.

Many years ago I talked how pop toys , daftoys and toys city suits destroyed the goldeneye suit. This many years later is where you managed to land?… come on guys really.

In any case I do want to thank big chief for fighting for the license and genuinely trying. You gave me a few mass releases that I was able to cobble together nice Bond figures of that would have cost me a fortune with custom figures, of which 2.5 other people would have supported me in getting made.

Great input Ray,

I've often considered you to be the main man when it comes to 1/6 Bond and I couldn't agree more with what you've said. To me BCS were the Doctor Who company way more than they have been a Bond company. They did more Who companions than they ever did Bond girls and have kept up with the franchise a lot more. If you compare Who releases to Bond, Who takes it for the number of figures released over time. This is where they will continue, particularly as Doctor Who is about to turn 60.

I'd honestly be surprised if we see any more official Bond figures from anyone now

The reality of this final release from BCS becomes more depressing as more people report.

I don't think I have passed on any 1/6th James Bond offering yet, but this might be my first.

Back