Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note, there is about a 1/8" null space at the bottom of the ruler, so add 1/8" to the measurements.

My first gripe with Baron is his loin cloth looks cheap.

View attachment 480436

Thanks again for that.

I just checked some ref for Solitaires height and her eyes come up to just under Bond's chin so her doll height relative to the DiD Bond is perfect. Get the BCS up to that height and you got it.

Unfortunately, that will make Samedi too short relatively. And there's no extending him. But I'm not sure there's a way to make Solitaire shorter either... so someone of the three is not going to belong.

Since Geoffrey Holder is 6'6''... I'd say he's under scale as is... so might as well be a little more. Bend his legs and have him dancing.

Great times.
SillyWideAmericanbadger-size_restricted.gif

Baron does not disappoint. Perhaps BCS's best sculpt/paint work yet. And one of the most realistic open-mouth sculpts I've seen.

edit: forgot to mention the heads were sitting too high on the neck so these photos are without any neck peg.

View attachment 480432View attachment 480433

Thanks for that, really appreciate the pics.

Although that's torn it, I was trying to stick to the Bonds only... :lol

Baron does not disappoint. Perhaps BCS's best sculpt/paint work yet. And one of the most realistic open-mouth sculpts I've seen.

edit: forgot to mention the heads were sitting too high on the neck so these photos are without any neck peg.

View attachment 480432View attachment 480433

Wor-Gar, you need to make a Gif using these two pics, just like your Toht. :lol

Wor-Gar, you need to make a Gif using these two pics, just like your Toht. :lol

Hah for sure. I was tempted to make one after I flipped back and forth between the 2 in photoshop.

:lol

That's exactly what I was doing -- flipping back and forth -- when I could have sworn I heard him say: Un-Cola, mon....

If I was a bigger fan I’d consider the whole set for Live and Let Die. Think I’ll just stick to Bond though. May also consider the Connery Bond from Dr. No when it’s out.

If Samedi was wearing any different outfit, I wouldn't hesitate... but they put him in his worst outfit from the film... his nightclub act. :slap

That's what the loin cloth seems cheap -- its was. It was a Vegas-style show costume.

I'd like to just get the sculpt and make his Voodoo outfit myself.

If they were HT, yeah. But I think the Bond people have a say in what gets made and released.

In any event, I can't see a 2nd Samedi getting made.
Yeah, the fact that he was made at all is a feat in and of itself. No way there will be a variant version. Especially because he was a one off character.

That open mouth Baron is awesome. Expecting mine to ship next week.
I?m getting excited for this set after seeing some of these pics.

The DID version is more accurate for Moore's 6' 1" height, though Big Chief body proportions look much better. Maybe some ankle extenders are in order on BCS's. I like that the two Moore head sculpts are clearly at different ages. Solitaire is definitely a bit of a fat head, sadly.

View attachment 480431

The ankle extenders worked great for getting my BCS Connerys up to the same height as DiD Roger Moore and DiD/Wild Toys Pierce Brosnan. Connery is 6'2" I believe.

I’m curious how the Dr. No Bond and Dr. No will turn out. Hopefully there’s not a lengthy delay with them. Might be tempted by those two. The three of them and a Dalton Bond would probably satisfy my Bond collection.

I'm certain BCS doesn't want any more delays either after LALD. Hopefully everything is working like a well-oiled machine now and they can start to crank these things out at a more reasonable pace -- at least TWO MOVIES a year worth of figures.

This year I suppose it will be this LALD set and the coming Dr. No set... so whatever we get a preview of next will likely be for early 2021.

This is a big BOND year with Craig's final outing this November, so lets not miss the boat. The film is already pushed, and fans are hungry, so this is a perfect opportunity to show some more wares of future Bond product.

Back