Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bond looks great! Good job Big Chief. I do hope we get a Jaws figure one day.

Are you getting Solitaire and Baron too or just the Bond?

I want Soliaire, but I also want a Porsche, I can afford neither at the moment...

I wish, that figure looks incredible, the detailing on the outfit, the sculpt, I wish I could get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm most interested in Solitaire. So how is she in hand? Worth the price?

Solitaire has great shelf presence, likely mostly due to the dress and the beautifully detailed patterns. Having said that, the velour-type material doesn't scale that well when viewed closeup, unless her dress was actually fuzzy on screen. Especially the border at the bottom of the dress, which is narrower and much fuzzier than it appeared in the prototype. It looks like something from a Santa outfit to be honest. The dress is also shorter than the prototype, and the flaring cuffs are extremely stiff.

The portrait felt a little generic at first, but has been growing on me in the last few hours. The face paint still feels a little flat though compared to the prototype, but what's new. The head feels a tad big too, even when I cover the poofy hair with my hand, but I've noticed that with other Big Chief figures, and it looked a little big in the prototype too.

The body is sized appropriately for 5' 3" Jane Seymour, and it has thigh-swivel joints which is nice, but they are extremely loose. They are constantly swiveling, like an office chair.

The chair cushions are actual soft goods pleather, which was a nice surprise.

Overall I'd say the figure is about on par with my expectations. I'm happy to have her in my collection even if it doesn't blow me away.

Last edited:
Same shot with slightly flatter lighting on the left.

Solitaire_LightingComparison.jpg

Solitaire has great shelf presence, likely mostly due to the dress and the beautifully detailed patterns. Having said that, the velour-type material doesn't scale that well when viewed closeup, unless her dress was actually fuzzy on screen. Especially the border at the bottom of the dress, which is narrower and much fuzzier than it appeared in the prototype?It looks like something from a Santa outfit to be honest. The dress is also shorter than the prototype, and the flaring cuffs are extremely stiff.

The portrait felt a little generic at first, but has been growing on me in the last few hours. The face paint still feels a little flat though compared to the prototype, but what's new. The head feels a tad big too, even when I cover the poofy hair with my hand, but I've noticed that with other Big Chief figures, and it looked a little big in the prototype too.

The body is sized appropriately for 5' 3" Jane Seymour, and it has thigh-swivel joints which is nice, but they are extremely loose. They are constantly swiveling, like an office chair.

The chair cushions are actual soft goods pleather, which was a nice surprise.

Overall I'd say the figure is about on par with my expectations. I'm happy to have her in my collection even if it doesn't blow me away.

Nice review, thank you.

The dress has a lot of variation from the actual dress in the movie... but they have mimicked it well enough. But youre right, that band at the bottom is way too big and poofy.

Still, this is a figure that will POP on the shelf and is likely the only Solitaire we will ever get in 1/6th.

Well Solitaire doesn't look that good for the price- btw have you guys factored in the price on these?
Bond looks good but that plain black outfit....at least with the DiD Moore you got a lot more for the money

I’m actually surprised BIG Chief is doing as much as they are with the Bond line. They’re going a lot deeper than other companies probably would.

As far as pricing the figures are priced about standard for sixth scale figures now days. Plus through Sideshow they all are shipping free. I think Solitaire looks pretty good.

Solitaire has great shelf presence, likely mostly due to the dress and the beautifully detailed patterns. Having said that, the velour-type material doesn't scale that well when viewed closeup, unless her dress was actually fuzzy on screen. Especially the border at the bottom of the dress, which is narrower and much fuzzier than it appeared in the prototype. It looks like something from a Santa outfit to be honest. The dress is also shorter than the prototype, and the flaring cuffs are extremely stiff.

I hope you don't mind I used your picture for this comparison...

Solitaire COMP 3-4-20.jpg

You can clearly see where sacrifices were made but overall its is quite close to accurate -- and where it deviates it at least tried.

I would have liked a little more volume on the sleeves and the bottom of the dress.

Put in my pre-order for Bond. Had a $25 coupon that was set to expire on the 15th burning a hole in my pocket. Put it on flex pay though so I won’t get it for a few months.

What is wrong with you guys, Solitaire is all wrong, the dress is a disaster - it's like they did not even try, to me the head looks disproportionate to her body although it could be her hair throwing me off, the most annoying thing is her face it looks harsh and puffy like she has had an allergic reaction while eating at McDonalds and not the elegant face that Jane Seymour has, it also looks rather lifeless. I wonder how many will pick her up because they are bedazzled by the eye catching dress rather than concentrating on the headsculpt not matching her price tag.

Roger Moore looks real good and after all this is what matters the most in the Bond franchise, but how good, is it better than DID, has anyone got both to compare. Can someone post pics of Baron, as he is the figure I'm most interested in, I hope BCS does good on Baron.

Oh wow. I love the way Solitaire turned out. I do wish the sleeves had some more volume, but as a recreation it's not bad at all. I haven't gotten a Bond figure yet, but that Moore figure looks great.

Yeah, I'm rather pleased with Solitaire myself. I will be picking her up along with Moore Bond.

Whitd said she is scaled correctly for 5'3'' but I hope someone will post a picture of her with Bond so I can see for myself. She looks to be a little tall to me.

Guys

So how does the RM Bond compare to
the DID Bond version ?

I am getting weak at the knees and might
get him. I just a bit gun shy after the full GF
set I bought where the bodies were sad and the
shoulders on them were a mess

Did they cutout a design and overlay it on a red velvet dress? Because it looks a little cheap the way it looks cutout and overlaid but idk maybe in hand it's better....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back