Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently just have the all the Bonds (actors) in their tuxes from the old Sideshow line. I caved and pre-ordered Connery to hopefully refresh all the Bonds in tux. Total was $234 USD, due to Paypal exchange rate.
But looking at everything it comes with, I'm fine with that price. Only thing I'm disappointed in, is the PPK doesn't have a suppressor...

It's up on Sideshow.com!

Also, I went to SDCC 2019, and saw Bond, Dr.No figures in person. Both are amazing!!
Here's my close up shot of Bond:

IMG_0326.jpg

Sideshow isn?t releasing the jacket and hat tho. That?s exclusive only from the big chief website I guess. Sucks. Preordered tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do bear in mind here that what you're seeing is a prototype, as we've seen from these guys before, you're not necessarily going to get a production figure that's identical. We will see.....

No offense to your photo batsheva, but in that pic Bond looks somewhat confused. And as Roger pointed out, this is BCS — he’s going to end up looking like even more of a caricature with their flat paint apps. Really shouldn’t have to repaint these things at these prices.

No offense to your photo batsheva, but in that pic Bond looks somewhat confused. And as Roger pointed out, this is BCS — he’s going to end up looking like even more of a caricature with their flat paint apps. Really shouldn’t have to repaint these things at these prices.

LOL, no offense taken. It does look like that a bit, probably due to the shadow on the upper part of the eyes, so it made him looking upwards, hence the confuse look.
As for the paintapp, well, I hope they upped their paintjob, and if not, at least we get a better headsculpt, and we can always mod the paint. Much easier than looking for a proper sculpt, for me.

So glad I cancelled about 18 months ago. It’s gone beyond a joke at this stage. They’ve made a complete hash of this line. I’ve sold my Goldfinger pieces (at a huge discount). It’s a shame because the line showed real promise to begin but the nose rub issue on the first run followed by the incredible delay on the second run really leaves a sour taste.

I can’t see any point in cancelling. I paid in full, so it’s just an extra waiting game.
I haven’t ordered the Dr No figures yet, but I will once this LALD set arrives.

Well, since its called 'non-refundable' I suppose that means at any time... earlier ... or later.

But if you've waited this long, whats another month or two? Seems like these are finally just around the corner.

If they deliver amazing final products, like ones that dont need any customization, know that the wait sucks, but if all turns out great, then I am happy to buy from them in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased all three of the Goldfinger series a long time ago and only briefly inspected them when I recieved them, however I only recently found out about the nose rubs, so I inspected the figures in more detail and both James Bond and Oddjob are good but Goldfinger has a nose rub. What can be done at this late stage, would BCF send me a replacement if they have any left, if not is it easy to fix.

Back