Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with this, but BC created that immediate demand by saying they would replace the heads around January 8.

They said they were receiving them on the 8th (actually my email from them said the 10th). Some people here act like they're pissed they didn't have the heads in-hand on the 9th. :lol Everyone has different expectations, but sometimes those expectations have to be tempered with a dose of reality. BCS isn't trying to rip anyone off. They said they'd replace the heads and they will. The logistics of doing something they weren't expecting to have to do means they have to figure out the best way to solve the problem without repeating the problem or causing a new one. That takes time. :dunno

Recasting, repainting and shipping a new head is a costly process, it takes time so please be patient.

For one very small but glaring blemish, a touch up solution may be the fastest and most cost effective.

BC basically told me to go F myself when I asked for a replacement on my defective, glue globed and scratched up Oddjob stand...

"sorry, no replacements offered at this time"

BC basically told me to go F myself when I asked for a replacement on my defective, glue globed and scratched up Oddjob stand...

"sorry, no replacements offered at this time"

That's amazing customer service. You should do a credit card dispute, hit them in the wallet.

DSC09558-003.JPG

Sideshow have posted out my head and mint julep. They'll arrive some time in the next week or two, I expect. Sideshow are looking into the jacket and talking to BCS, but since my issue there was so clearly an unusual manufacturing error, it should be fine. Sideshow have been really nice. Every time I have dealt directly with BCS's customer service they have been really nice, too. I'm on the path to coming out of this a happy chappy!

I thought my stand was broken until someone explained how the light up feature worked. I had just checked the instructions, too, and missed it. Stupid me. But the sensor! It's great! I feel like a super spy using it. I wish all light up stands worked this way - I'd use them much more often.

Bought Goldfinger on blu ray today for about five bucks. I'll pop that in later and I am sure I will love my rapidly improving figure more.

Thanks, WG! Love it. The outfit is very well made, even details like pant waist side buttons. Vest is awesome.

What I did:
Ironed the pants, crease was off, now crisp and straight
Padded the thighs, thought the legs were too skinny. I wrapped them with adhesive bandages.
Pulled out shirt cuffs
Futzed jacket collars.
I may spot glue shirt collars to shirt.

Need to wrap upper thighs as well.

Here's the Colour Version.

DSC09558-002.JPG

Last edited:
Reported to BCS my Connery's missing stand part (the one with the crotch hooks) on Jan. 8th, post mark on the 18th since they said they still needed to get the spare part and I got it in California today. 13 business days or a little over 2 weeks from the UK, not so bad.

I got a second head off TA to strip and repaint fully and the complexion was WAY lighter than my first one. What gives there?

I thought that was just the photo that made it look lighter when I noticed that HS on the toyanxiety website. Might be the complexion differences is why it was already a break down figure.

Back