Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 11th Doctor 1/6 TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 1/6 TARDIS

Now we need Tom Baker 4th Doctor Tardis!!

With K-9 as the exclusive!

Hey, a lad can dream...

I'd also accept Tom's grey tweed jacket and another scarf as an alternative. :)

I'm in if we get a K9. Mind you, it's likely to be a stand alone release; complete with spare 'rusty' panels and a voice box!!!

K9 is too important to be an exclusive. I would be extremely annoyed if they did that. I'm not buying another TARDIS just to get a figure.

I'm in for only one TARDIS. The 11th will be the one.
I expected it to be out with the 11th Figure, but it's not to be.

I only have room for one and that's the 11th, MY Doctor's Tardis.

So according to the product pages, this has been delayed yet again from the end of this month to at least the end of March, and the end of May for 10's. BC also had this to say in a new blog post:

Big Chief Studios said:
We have not heard much more news on the TARDIS's's's's and will have more accurate dates on when to expect them soon but at the minute we are still waiting for our standards to be met. It's not great to wait but these dioramas are very much going to be worth the wait and the money that has been put into them.

giphy.gif

When I saw them at the festival something looked off about them, if these turn out well I'm definitely going to order one

So according to the product pages, this has been delayed yet again from the end of this month to at least the end of March, and the end of May for 10's. BC also had this to say in a new blog post:

Wow, another delay! Sort of glad in a strange kind of way - gives me more time to find somewhere to display it! :lol

As it's paid up I don't mind the wait, only postage to pay when its released. Unfortunately I'm having to re-think what I can collect realistically, my Weta wants have been thinned out considerably and now I've decided not to collect all 13 Doctors (if made). Just be the Tardis & my favourite incarnations 11th, War & 7th if he is made.
With GoT, HT Star Wars and BCS Penny Dreadful range due I have to cut back sadly.

Yea, I'm in the same boat as you. With so many great things coming out this year I can't afford to be a completist anymore.

As tempted as I am to get all the Doctors, I'm just going to stick with Nu-Who incarnations, as I'm not a fan of Classic Who anyway.

And with so many must-owns coming out in the next couple months alone (Scarlett Witch, Kylo Ren, C3PO, Jon Snow, The Delorean), I'm frankly thankful for the extra time to save up money.

^ ^

:exactly: Same here! So much stuff!! :panic: I'm still in for all the Doctors (if made) though as Doctor Who is now my main collection focus...unfortunately that does mean I'll be scaling back on Weta Middle Earth statues and possibly some Hot Toys Marvel figures too. :(

I refuse to buy Big Chief at this point. Maybe secondhand, if the Tardis ever comes out, but they are pulling the same "delayed indefinitely due to QC issues" crap that Hot Toys did with the 1:6 1966 Batmobile. First, I preordered back in September, thinking I had my wife's "big Xmas gift" taken care of. I paid the $50+ deposit, and even paid it off in FULL by Oct 15. Nov1 came and went, I continued checking every day. Suddenly, around Nov 20, their release date changed to Feb 27! Nope, that was too late even for her birthday, so I cancelled. For over two weeks, and after several email and website attempts, there was no response. So, I filed a case with Paypal. That woke them up. But they made me close the case so they could process my refund. I should have left the case open- They kept over $65, for "cancellation fees".

I understand some companies do that, but I had to cancel because of THEIR production incompetence. Now, the date has just changed from Feb 27.......to May 30! Get your ****** together, Big Chief, before selling something you can't even MAKE. Another company in too much of a rush to make a buck, with no clue how to actually produce. So, I'm out $65 for something I never got, from a supposedly legitimate collectibles company. I'll never do business with them again.........

I refuse to buy Big Chief at this point. Maybe secondhand, if the Tardis ever comes out, but they are pulling the same "delayed indefinitely due to QC issues" crap that Hot Toys did with the 1:6 1966 Batmobile. First, I preordered back in September, thinking I had my wife's "big Xmas gift" taken care of. I paid the $50+ deposit, and even paid it off in FULL by Oct 15. Nov1 came and went, I continued checking every day. Suddenly, around Nov 20, their release date changed to Feb 27! Nope, that was too late even for her birthday, so I cancelled. For over two weeks, and after several email and website attempts, there was no response. So, I filed a case with Paypal. That woke them up. But they made me close the case so they could process my refund. I should have left the case open- They kept over $65, for "cancellation fees".

I understand some companies do that, but I had to cancel because of THEIR production incompetence. Now, the date has just changed from Feb 27.......to May 30! Get your ****** together, Big Chief, before selling something you can't even MAKE. Another company in too much of a rush to make a buck, with no clue how to actually produce. So, I'm out $65 for something I never got, from a supposedly legitimate collectibles company. I'll never do business with them again.........

Awwww. Poor widdle guy.

tiniest_violin.gif

I'd much rather get my money's worth than get something on time only to be disappointed in the production value.

I understand the frustration, but surely you'd be more annoyed if they released it and it sucked? In this hobby delays are almost standard. I'm not saying they are good, nobody likes them, but I would much prefer a wait for a better product.

In relation to BCS particularly I have never had anything but good experiences with them (in fact right now they are holding 4 figures and a bunch of other stuff for me until I get back in the country, pretty damn nice of them I would say).
The cancellation fees and NRDs etc are also pretty common and have a whole page explaining them.

If they were in a 'rush to make a buck' it'd be out already with whatever the QC issues intact and you'd be down the full price with a bad product.

I'm not a fan of Big Chief's customer service or thier woeful online customer interaction (I mean what is the point in having so many social media accounts if you constantly ignore 99% of customer questions or help requests posted on them?), but even so, complaining about delays in this hobby is like complaining about the weather. It is what it is, and no amount of complaining or gnashing of teeth is going to change anything. Is it frustrating sometimes? Sure, but in this hobby delays are simply a fact of life. So much so that something actually arriving on time for its originally projected release date is truly the exception, rather than the rule.

Just paid for shipping, so it should be here soon. Hopefully it will turn out great. Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to put it.

Back