Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Good job. That's a perfect shade. They shouldn't have gone with what it supposedly looks like in person vs on screen color. Reminds me of the han blue/brown coat nonsense

Yeah the on screen coat color changes under different lighting conditions....looks more of a dark brown on the filmed location scenes opposed to the studio scenes where it looks more of a dark burgundy

Yeah the on screen coat color changes under different lighting conditions....looks more of a dark brown on the filmed location scenes opposed to the studio scenes where it looks more of a dark burgundy

I think he did have a brown version later. I was looking at a site a while ago trying to distinguish the different costumes that pointed out the various colors

3e75e7c57c6dff6956e2c0c89b1afdf0.jpg

Great pics matrix. First time I have seen the Julia scarf that I liked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing I really don't like about the coat is how stiff and cardboard it feels. You repainted your sculpt, right(can never remember who's(pun?) done what to theirs)? Likeness looks really good and not so bug-eyed

One thing I really don't like about the coat is how stiff and cardboard it feels. You repainted your sculpt, right(can never remember who's(pun?) done what to theirs)? Likeness looks really good and not so bug-eyed

Yeah i don't like the coat much either,it feels like crepe paper and it's impossible to get it to look/drape naturally. The sculpt i repainted as i couldn't stand the awful 5 o clock shadow of the stock. Would be great if somewhere along the line BC would release a different version with better paint apps/coat and scarf..

Looks really good on the repaint. I'd say it's a spot-on likeness in that lighting. I need to get around to trying that dye job, but I'm worried I'll ruin it

:lol :lol great pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just finished up painting the 4th Doctor (as well as the 10th and 11th)... really awesome sculpts. The sculpt has so much personality it was quite a bit of fun to paint. I repainted the head and hair... but left the hat alone.

8951cbc1-ba95-4098-bdff-b404a14a91f0_zpsqy0knkb6.jpg

9088fb45-3d9b-459c-8ec9-d6cb364aac13_zpsiowrlb8c.jpg
5c339baf-6fc9-4127-9a4f-ee7db1d3ebbf_zpsigltpvy1.jpg

Back