Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Yeah. I assumed that mean all we are getting in the package will be Tom's smiling bald head.

^^yeah? hair sculpt on smiley head looks diff no? or im seeing things which is possible ;P

got mine, when does it ship? xmas? :)

I honestly don't know. I was just lowering my expectations I guess. :lol

I didn't see anywhere an expected delivery...ordered, just not sure when it is coming.

i think BCS said way back its ships around xmas, could be wrong but i thinks thats the est. ship date.

BCS seems to have removed the ETA from Hartnell's page... I hope these are both still slated for Xmas. :pray:

I too am interested as I'm loving this figure, but I'd love a more realistic option for the scarf.
Thanks[emoji4]

I'd definitely be down for one as well, Captain, so please keep us in mind if that option becomes at all viable. Many thanks. :hi5:

Huge thanks. :D

P.S. - Ordered my Smiling Tom head, without any problems. Now I just have to wait to get him in hand before deciding if I want to try and kit bash a second Tom figure in a different outfit, using the smiling sculpt.

Yeah, I thought so too. Was pleasantly surprised. Hope it does well for them.

Hopefully he'll show up without a five o'clock shadow or any other issues. :)

Doctor-Standing.jpg

jelly-baby-2.jpg

doctor-and-sloth.jpg

jelly-baby-1.jpg

"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Bodyswap to a Hot Toys which definitely makes his clothes fit better, repainted head, repainted hair, painted scarf. The scarf is isn't done yet. At the very least I can see some of the colors need to be adjusted and I also have any idea of how to add a yarn texture to make the scarf look a more three dimensional.

I should say, if I hadn't seen some of the repaints on this thread I never would have ordered the figure. That original factory paint makes the head look nothing like Tom, which is a shame because as soon the paint is stripped off -- and especially the horrible stubble -- there he is!

Seeing how good the sculpt is under the factory paint was a huge relief, because you can have a nice costume and a nice hat, and the right hair, but if the face doesn't look like Tom Baker, then it ain't Four!

(Okay, also the scarf, which does need a lot of work; but even with that, the pattern is more or less right, it's just the colors and texture that are way off and that's the kind of customizing I'm happy to work on myself.)

I put a hot toys "body suit on him and his clothes fit better and his shape is better....now I just need the 1/6 Tardis and a 1/6 K-9...

Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Mine are on HT bodies too. Plus custom clothes etc. I think it's a great sculpt. Got two repainted so far.
Excuse the crappy phone pics!
d538243f0e02a2a0b0f3f89a1ebdcffa.jpg
083b15017f43d7f572ee00226fa893fe.jpg
8ffa37eb44997a99bf016725a3083f9d.jpg
c197572db3ed4733959b584cce7a8855.jpg

Back