Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I totally agree that's its a good thing. My initial comment was based purely on the original intent for it only to sold through their site. With FP selling them at the same price, the profit on the figure must be reduced for BC.
I wish them every success with their sales, as this is one line that I've wanted forever, and issues aside, I'm absolutely loving to collect.

Yeah, I got that, and for the record, very much agreed. :clap

Bumps aside, this is a dream line, so long may it continue.

True story: the night I picked up my Indiana Jones HT figure, I met a mate for dinner and some beer. Well, the Indy had to come out to be shown. My mate knew I bought this kinda stuff and asked which character I'd really like to be made (by Hot Toys). I immediately said Doctor Who, and suggested that a Fourth Doctor HT would be unreal.
Hey, it might not be HT, but this is as good. Love the figure, and the line.

f1a60ea4b1b083174923d92750ee6528.jpg
3f06e494d3a7c3c2bcbd8260c0ba8ab2.jpg
c35c25204013ac4422c1ee8040617919.jpg

Hopefully someone or some 3rd party 1/6 company has started making a "version" of doctor scarfs like they do for other figures...if I remember correctly though, it is just one talented guy making his own...

Thanks guys! The scarfs are by a lovely lady I found on etsy, who offered bow ties and hankies in the fabric. I asked her to make me little scarfs and she kindly did. Sadly she's not on etsy anymore as they shut her down for copyright reasons :( I'm working with another lady on a new improved scarf, and hope that will be the best yet!

Thanks guys! The scarfs are by a lovely lady I found on etsy, who offered bow ties and hankies in the fabric. I asked her to make me little scarfs and she kindly did. Sadly she's not on etsy anymore as they shut her down for copyright reasons :( I'm working with another lady on a new improved scarf, and hope that will be the best yet!

If it works out, let me know their contact info. Thanks

I too am interested as I'm loving this figure, but I'd love a more realistic option for the scarf.
Thanks[emoji4]

Man, those white eyes and teeth! I hope they're more subdued in-hand.

Got my smiley head! Going to be great to have the option. Do we know if it's compatible with the hat/hair combo? I assume so?
Edit: yes, it can. Says so on the product page. LOL. "Removable hairpiece can be interchanged with hat hairpiece that was included with figure"

Yeah. I assumed that mean all we are getting in the package will be Tom's smiling bald head.

Back