Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I'd love to see another version of the 4th Dr...there's lots of different looks to choose from and they could still use the original head sculpt with better paint apps and an improved scarf....then again with all their attention now on the Bond franchise and still no news on the touted up-coming 3rd Dr...we'd be a LONG time waiting..
The grinning sculpt is nice but the paint apps are a tad too orange looking

:exactly: :thud: This! Thought (or rather hoped!!) that there might have been some news on the Third Doctor by now. :impatient:

I’m loving these custom scarves and coats! They really enhance the look of the Doctor!

Regarding the headsculpt, IMHO, the smiling portrait was in less need of a repaint than the original. The paint is a bit flat, but the original had a dreadful ‘five-o’clock shadow’, that really bugged me. It’s a shame, because I think the original sculpt better captures his likeness.

That paint app... one of these days I’ll get mine redone. You’d think a rerelease would be a no-brainer.

Does anyone know where I can get an extra neck peg for the alternate head? I'm really tired of boiling both heads to switch it out.

Finally got a TARDIS for a decent price along with a new jacket and a pair of shoes for my kitbashed 4th Doctor.
781568581957b6f638f8263c3a861681.jpg
1db19ee618a49e7c55add139135c6562.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I came across my home made TARDIS earlier this afternoon.
I tidied it up a little bit.
Decided it was more 4th Doctor than any other.

Decided that I really should finish it off properly.

On a separate note, my Martha looked pretty good until I picked her up recently - and the jacket just disintegrated in my hand.

I came across my home made TARDIS earlier this afternoon.
I tidied it up a little bit.
Decided it was more 4th Doctor than any other.

Decided that I really should finish it off properly.

On a separate note, my Martha looked pretty good until I picked her up recently - and the jacket just disintegrated in my hand.
Yikes! I'm not looking forward to that. Your homemade TARDIS looks great though. Where'd you get the 4th doctor backdrop?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes that's them...a really great company! The love and detail put into these kits is truly outstanding...there's a bit of work putting them together and painting them up but it's a fun project:)
I was really hoping that BC would release a Davros along with Daleks and other classics...but sadly with only two classic who releases in 5+ years...i wouldn't be holding my breath....and i'm not getting any younger:)
Wish they would have gone down the same route as their bond releases....as in a 4th Dr,Sarah and Davros set...followed by a 3rd Dr,Jo and Master set...

Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I agree. They need to pick up the pace and releasing these as sets, ala James Bond, is the best way to accomplish that.

Davros really looks great! :rock

By default, we are getting a set.
Clara, Rose and War Doctor- all out this month!!! Ordered about 18 months apart !! Haha!!

By default, we are getting a set.
Clara, Rose and War Doctor- all out this month!!! Ordered about 18 months apart !! Haha!!

I think they said their 8 was a production piece as well. So hopefully that will be out soon too.

I think it’s ALL happening at once:
Scott and Virgil Tracy are next week, likely the three Who related figures.
8th is not far behind, then Captain Scarlet.
Glad I paid for them all over the past couple of years!!!

Back to 4th. That Davros is nice, and agree: I thought BC would do a DALEK. Still time ...

It's baffling why they haven't done a dalek yet...it's iconic! And Sarah jane smith..the greatest of all the companions...come on BC!
I won't be picking up Clara,Rose or the War dr....and have zero interest in anything from the new "alternate universe" version..thingy....for me Dr who is on hiatus..
No the only figures i'll be picking up are the 8th and 3rd drs

It is captain...beautifully made and brilliantly accurate to Wishers original..and for me...best Davros. It was the last kit in stock so i just had to have it:)

It is captain...beautifully made and brilliantly accurate to Wishers original..and for me...best Davros. It was the last kit in stock so i just had to have it:)

I did wonder about the kit. I was worried about the scale, but it looks great.

Back