Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as nice as I wanted.
Better than I expected.
Bit of a windswept crack whore.
Jackets in the bin!
Hair needs LOTS of love......

but I kinda like her :)

null_zps6cc42459.jpg

null_zps035adc46.jpg

Not as nice as I wanted.
Tales of the unexpected.
Bit of a crack whore but we love her.
I threw the whole figure in the bin!
Hair needs roasting with a torch...no love......

but I kinda like her the dirty scank :)

A bit harsh m8 but as long as your happy that's all that matters when it comes to collecting :)

Any body know when or how we go about getting the replacement head?
Dont have facebook so cant see the messages on there

Well I opened mine up and.... the foot was loose too. Don't know if that's going to be a thing with these releases. It actually won't go in properly...
Also, my stand is scratched to hell. Thought it was dirt at first and tried to clean it off but no, all scuffs and scratches. Will have to contact Big Cheif about that.

To be honest, I'm not entirely happy with it but at the same time I don't actually mind it. Kinda glad to see that the hair can look better and I'll probably try that when I get a chance. Will improve the overall look.

It's a weird one but at the same time it will be a nice companion piece to the Doctor when the other head comes around. With the jacket off.

She's just odd. But as usual, it does look better in person than the photos.

Your postal dude finally stopped off in Glasgow then!
I've got to wait till mine gets back here, before I head off to Europe on holiday.

Dear all,
We wanted to say thank you for your support and kind words. We also appreciate your frank and honest critiques.
There comes a time for any company to have to hold their hands up and apologise when things do not go as planned. Needless to say "Pondgate" was not our finest hour, made all the worse by being our second offering.
We have read several times that we must have "taken a bath on this figure". More like a hosing down with a fireman's hose!
For those none-Facebookers, the alternate head with sculpted hair will be available around August. We will make an announcement nearer the time, so please do not worry you will receive your free portraits.
As some small consolation we can confirm that the edition size has been reduced from the originally advertised 2000 to 900, so your figures will actually be all the rarer. We do not plan on making any more of this figure. We may well offer costume and accessory packs next year, but cannot confirm anything right now. We know how fond of kiss-a-gram Amy everyone is. For the record we had little say in the chosen costume from series 6. Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing...
However, throughout the process we have continued to work on not only the 10th Doctor, but also the 4th Doctor, which will be made available for pre-order when the new website goes live. We have targeted the end of June, but there is a lot of work to do, to get the entire ecommerce back end constructed, together with layaway payments. We will keep you all posted.
In addition to the aforementioned Doctors, we also have started work on the 1st Doctor and have a great sculpt in progress. We are also busily working on both Sherlock and Watson. The costumes are well underway, as are the accessories and we have submitted pack art for approval.
We will be making an official announcement shortly, but we wanted you guys to hear it first - we will have Signature Editions for our Sherlock figures!
The future is looking much brighter and we cannot wait to share what we have been working on with you.
We are working very hard to ensure that every product is up to the standard that collectors demand.
Thanks again for believing in us
The BIG Chief Team

Dear all,
We wanted to say thank you for your support and kind words. We also appreciate your frank and honest critiques.
There comes a time for any company to have to hold their hands up and apologise when things do not go as planned. Needless to say "Pondgate" was not our finest hour, made all the worse by being our second offering.
We have read several times that we must have "taken a bath on this figure". More like a hosing down with a fireman's hose!
For those none-Facebookers, the alternate head with sculpted hair will be available around August. We will make an announcement nearer the time, so please do not worry you will receive your free portraits.
As some small consolation we can confirm that the edition size has been reduced from the originally advertised 2000 to 900, so your figures will actually be all the rarer. We do not plan on making any more of this figure. We may well offer costume and accessory packs next year, but cannot confirm anything right now. We know how fond of kiss-a-gram Amy everyone is. For the record we had little say in the chosen costume from series 6. Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing...
However, throughout the process we have continued to work on not only the 10th Doctor, but also the 4th Doctor, which will be made available for pre-order when the new website goes live. We have targeted the end of June, but there is a lot of work to do, to get the entire ecommerce back end constructed, together with layaway payments. We will keep you all posted.
In addition to the aforementioned Doctors, we also have started work on the 1st Doctor and have a great sculpt in progress. We are also busily working on both Sherlock and Watson. The costumes are well underway, as are the accessories and we have submitted pack art for approval.
We will be making an official announcement shortly, but we wanted you guys to hear it first - we will have Signature Editions for our Sherlock figures!
The future is looking much brighter and we cannot wait to share what we have been working on with you.
We are working very hard to ensure that every product is up to the standard that collectors demand.
The BIG Chief Team
Thanks for the update but you can still save Amy with an awesome paint job on the alternate head. My question to you is how will the downgrade of the edition effect those of us that ordered from BBTS, Entertainment Earth, and Things From Another World?

Last edited:
Dear all,
The BIG Chief Team

I really appreciate your frankness and hope you guys soldier on. I'll be there for your future releases, if they're at the quality of your first release! :)

Good words from Big chief. For the record when I get the replacement head for Amy i will be happy with my purchase as everything else is fine with my figure.

The thing is guys, the product isn't that bad. The sculpted version looks bloody good. You can only do what the licensor allows you to do. It's on my shelf and I will change the head and be happy. Great attempt! Don't be afraid to use Greg's Clara sculpt as soon as possible, (before she quits).
I will buy 10, 4 and 1 and any assistant. I am also in for Sherlock.
Keep up the good work :clap:clap:clap

I have had a few hot toys female figures before and tbh even they have a problem making them look good sometimes. Plus the sculpted hair version does look a gazillion times better for this figure.

960105_10152386376586002_635943667_n.jpg

We may well offer costume and accessory packs next year, but cannot confirm anything right now. We know how fond of kiss-a-gram Amy everyone is. For the record we had little say in the chosen costume from series 6. Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing...

I'm a bit torn. If I knew a costume pack was coming I'd go ahead and snap this up (with the new head in place eventually) as, to be honest, it's one of the things I've always been a little so-so on. I don't need kiss-o-gram Amy so much as something like this:
Amy-Pond-amy-pond-16660611-465-300.jpg

I also liked when she had a scarf. :)

However, throughout the process we have continued to work on not only the 10th Doctor, but also the 4th Doctor, which will be made available for pre-order when the new website goes live.

Can't wait! Is the 10th Doctor still on schedule, or might there be a bit more time for him?

In addition to the aforementioned Doctors, we also have started work on the 1st Doctor and have a great sculpt in progress.

VERY much looking forward to this, as well. I think he's going to make a great figure.

And this is why I love Big Chief. :rock

Dear all,
The BIG Chief Team

That pic above on crimsons post is great.
BC don't need to cut the edition, just cut off the head! Replace the others in the original edition size with the new head and everything is good.
Personally, I don't think that the clothes look any different from those first shown. I have no issue with the look, tho, the police woman outfit would have been cool.

Back