Big Chief- Doctor Who: Amy Pond figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't be more than acceptable, it will be just about acceptable if it resembles the prototype. But certainly, no one is going to be claiming that it's 'hot toys quality' if it looks like the photo.

It will look like a £50 figure, which will be an improvement on the rooted hair version.

We get it CB, you hate the figure more than anything in the world. Is there a reason you are constantly knocking it further in the dirt?

Ah, we've gotten to the point where we blame the critics for Amy, is it? :dunno

No, not at all. Didn't BCS already take full blame and own up to the figure not being their best? Did CB say he has or is getting the figure?

No, not at all. Didn't BCS already take full blame and own up to the figure not being their best? Did CB say he has or is getting the figure?

It's a terrible figure. If some posters want to reply to a review which calls the sculpt 3.25 honestly, that's fair. We're all disappointed.

This figure sucks. I have forgotten about it already. What figure were we talking about again? I think I left my keys in a different thread. I'll just go get them now.

It's a terrible figure. If some posters want to reply to a review which calls the sculpt 3.25 honestly, that's fair. We're all disappointed.

If people are pleased enough with it where is the problem in that? Just because you two don't like it why try and beat up the figure more? Is it trying to get others to hate it also and not purchase it? No one wins in that scenario.

Anyone who criticizes the figure is "beating it up" and "trying to get others to hate it?"

There's no conspiracy. We've all waited an obscenely long time for this figure and it's a disaster. If people want to post questionable reviews of it online, it's likely at least a couple people will comment that they strongly disagree. That's all that's happened here.

Anyone who says they're not disappointed in this figure must be joking.

That said, Tom and David look great. Let's look forward.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sorry but I kept hoping and praying this one would come off. But I can't find much to love about this figure. I am still being optimistic about the sculpted hair head though. It won't fix some of the clothes issues I see, but if it turns out well I'd consider getting this if it goes on discount. But I still have 10 on order, and will be pre-ordering 4 and 1! Not to mention Sherlock & Watson.

So I'm still a BCS fan in general. I just think sometimes you have to call them like you see them.

Anyone who criticizes the figure is "beating it up" and "trying to get others to hate it?"

There's no conspiracy. We've all waited an obscenely long time for this figure and it's a disaster. If people want to post questionable reviews of it online, it's likely at least a couple people will comment that they strongly disagree. That's all that's happened here.

Anyone who says they're not disappointed in this figure must be joking.

That said, Tom and David look great. Let's look forward.

No it's fine to critisize but what you two are doing is beating a dead horse.

Way too bored. He keeps bringing up Hot Toys this and Hot Toys that, maybe he needs to stick to those threads because expecting Hot Toys quality out of a fairly new company is absurd.

I also shouldn't expect Hot Toys prices from a company not at Hot Toys quality.

Yes but they aren't going on about it like they are stuck in an infinite loop.

No. This thread is about the review. One of the "Big Chief are precious and can't stand criticism" crew decided to publish a review on a toy blog claiming that the sculpt deserved 3.25 stars. A few of us disagreed, then you attacked the critics. Now we're just discussing how mean those of us who don't feel maternal toward Big Chief are.

If you want them to do well, be honest about their failure and move on. They WILL NOT be successful if this is considered acceptable by anyone. I've never met these guys, but I can only assume they're awesome people, the way they engender the protective and maternal instinct of a few of you. But these guys are adults. When HT or Enterbay or Caustic Plastic screw up they hear about it loudly and over and over again for years to come- from the same fans who praise them when they get it right. Big Chief are playing with the big boys now and will get the same treatment, whether I post on one of these threads ever again or not. :peace

No. This thread is about the review. One of the "Big Chief are precious and can't stand criticism" crew decided to publish a review on a toy blog claiming that the sculpt deserved 3.25 stars. A few of us disagreed, then you attacked the critics. Now we're just discussing how mean those of us who don't feel maternal toward Big Chief are.

If you want them to do well, be honest about their failure and move on. They WILL NOT be successful if this is considered acceptable by anyone. I've never met these guys, but I can only assume they're awesome people, the way they engender the protective and maternal instinct of a few of you. But these guys are adults. When HT or Enterbay or Caustic Plastic screw up they hear about it loudly and over and over again for years to come- from the same fans who praise them when they get it right. Big Chief are playing with the big boys now and will get the same treatment, whether I post on one of these threads ever again or not. :peace
Oh Pleeeeease, I've been very vocal against BCS. I'd just like to let BCS get a chance to correct the figure with a new head before burying Amy as being horrible.

Back