Statue Big Chap Alien Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah what a shame. sideshow really needs to get their acts together and stop just looking directly in front of their feet and see the forest.

It's bad enough they decided to create all those new scales that's not compatible with 1:4 or 1:6, but at least make them the SAME 1:5 then!!

So now you have all those "marq/polystone" statues all over the place in different scales and heights. Great way to kill your own sales guys.

Pass...

I agree totally! :exactly:

yeah what a shame. sideshow really needs to get their acts together and stop just looking directly in front of their feet and see the forest.

It's bad enough they decided to create all those new scales that's not compatible with 1:4 or 1:6, but at least make them the SAME 1:5 then!!

So now you have all those "marq/polystone" statues all over the place in different scales and heights. Great way to kill your own sales guys.

Pass...

I agree totally! :exactly:

WRONG!!

SO SO WRONG!!

If they stuck with just one scale, they'd kill their business.

Just because a FEW select people on this forum cry when something doesn't match every other piece in their collection scale wise, doesn't mean that Sideshow is doing something wrong.

They offer a wide variety to suit a wide variety of collectors.

You guys with your "it is teh suk because it doesn't match me collection scale" are so full of crap, you have no clue what you're talking about. :slap

Failed at reading. Try reread my post, i dont have a big problem with them creating a new line at 1:5 scale, but the statues need to fit one of the standard scales 1:4, 1:5, or 1:6. Look at this alien and the new predator, it's like what? 1:5 and 1:4.5?

There needs to be some kind of consistency in their scales, instead of just throwing a dart and picking a random number, especially since alien and predator are very closely related categories.

and also, please calm down.

WRONG!!

SO SO WRONG!!

If they stuck with just one scale, they'd kill their business.

Just because a FEW select people on this forum cry when something doesn't match every other piece in their collection scale wise, doesn't mean that Sideshow is doing something wrong.

They offer a wide variety to suit a wide variety of collectors.

You guys with your "it is teh suk because it doesn't match me collection scale" are so full of crap, you have no clue what you're talking about. :slap

See, you still have no idea what you're talking about.

How did you come to the conclusion that only 1:4, 1:5, or 1:6 are the only standard scales that should be used?

Did you just throw a dart and pick one of those three?

Or do you fall into that catagory I've already mentioned of the whiners who want their collection to be all in the same scale?

(I'm guessing the latter)

Personally, if statues from the same film franchise and the same specific line (this is more important to me) are proportionate to eachother, I could care less as to how they look with releases from other movies or lines.

The soon-to-be (hopefully) four Alien statues will look great together on a shelf, but so what if their scale doesn't match that of the Predator stuff? If consistency reached across the board for statues and dioramas, then the uniqueness and variety of a statue display would be reduced to pure monotony.

What's all this bickering about? lol

Personally, I don't quite understand why this Alien line is being compared to the new Pred. line anyways.. I mean the only thing that I'd be concerned with, would be the consistency in size, in the same Alien line IE: Chap, Warrior, Dog, etc (not preds) .. Meaning, I would expect that these should be at least somewhat the same size all around, so that they would all match and look great standing next to each other. I mean that's what they were made for is it not?

Also, I personally have no problems with any scales that SS or other companies come up with.. Just as long as the size is consistent for that said line of products. If it isn't, then they shouldn't have mentioned a scale size in the first place.

Either way, if the sculp is good, then I'm buyin. :lol

Have a great day gentlemen. :peace

Last edited:
Every collector is entitled to their own preferences. Some like their collections to be of the same scale, some don't like while some don't mind or have no strong opinions. :peace

hey thats great work , thanks, i might get that, is there any other alien statue in scale with the new predator,or any new alien in the works?

All the new Pred and Alien stuff out and coming out should all be 1:5 scale and "should" all be in scale with each other. Although i have also read that the preds are supposed to be 1/6? But the new Classic Pred that just went up is 20 inches tall, so take say 4 inches off for the base and that leaves him at 16 inches tall which is 1:5 scale to me.

The only 2 released so far are the Alien Resurrection Statue and the Predators Tracker Maquette. A side by side comparison of these two would give you a good indication for the rest of the line.

Also coming is the other 2 Super Preds from Predators, the Dog Alien from 3, Pred 2 and Elder Pred and the Alien Warrior from Aliens.

I'm hoping we'll see the Preds from AVP, Grid Alien and HOPEFULLY the Wolf and PredAlien all in this line/scale.

The Alien line is 1/6th.
the Predator line is 1/5th.
The Terminator line is 1/5th.

It's a shame the Alien line isn't 1/5th too ...
Would display better ...

nononono, all lines are ____ed up. Well, Idunno about Terminator..but the Predator line is off.

Tracker, Falconer, and Mr. Black are much smaller than the new P1 statue.. The Aliens are smaller than 1/6 scale also.

The 'Predators' maquettes were a different line, intended to be displayed together. These new statues based on the classic hunters are a seperate concept.

That's not how they made it seem in the Comic con video, and it doesn't make any sense..why the hell not just go ahead and make them the same size as every other Predator statue they're making?

I get that now that's probably what the deal is..but it's ridiculous and pointless imo.

I STILL do not get this obsession with wanting every statue to be the same size.

BORING!

I like consistency in my display.

So all PF's 1/4th.
All statues 1/5th or 1/6th, not a mix.
All Cinemaquettes 1/3th.

As long as the quality is good scale dont really bother me. But I can see where people are coming from wanting the size to be consistent with there other statues

I STILL do not get this obsession with wanting every statue to be the same size.

BORING!
Dude, I completely agree..but in this situation It makes no sense.

They announce a new Predator line that'll be around 1/6 scale. Then they make 3 1/6 scale, and one 1/5 scale.. I get that those 3 were from Predators, but I just don't see the harm in making this new line the same scale since that's pretty much what they told us they were going to do.
I don't care all that much, not even picking up the 3 Supers due to the horrible paint..but the situation is a tad bit annoying.

Back