Big Boss 40th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Sam Loomis

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Made my own thread as I didnt want it drowned in the figure thread.......

Some stuff from my BB archive :

1971 H.K lobbys (bi-lingual , rare as hens teeth.....at best you can find a card or 2. Fea 1st issue logo)
71BBLCs.jpg

1971 H.K flyer (1st logo)
DSCF1684.jpg

1973 Indonesian flyer (1st logo)
399098959_o.jpg

1973 Spain 1sh
BBspa.jpg

1973 French 2sh and lobbys
DSCF2895.jpg

DSCF2896.jpg

DSCF1817.jpg

Post-death memorabilia :

1974 U.K quad (corners torn off.....vhtf even in damaged state)
73BBquad.jpg

R78 Italy 2sh (Ciriello did all the Italy Lee posters cept Enter.....damn shame he didnt do Enter too , he created some wonderful atmosphere)
BBita.jpg

Very nice bruce lee movie. When will EB or HT doing this as so far no The Big Boss Bruce Lee Action Figure from them yet.

nice collection..and yes we need an official big boss figure
then i can sort something else with my custom one

Out of curiosity, what is the general consensus on Big Boss at least amongst Bruce Lee fans?

I ask this because Big Boss is a terrible movie.

''terrible'' by today's standards maybe.but in 1971 it set a new trend in HK/ASIAN action movies by bringing the action to a more ''beliveable'' form.
and remember it smashed the boxoffice records too.
but yes bruce's worst movie (wont inclued the dire GOD78).
BUT IT DID PAVE THE WAY FOR FUTURE MARTIAL ARTS/ACTION MOVIES.so without BB perhaps the past 40yrs of said movies might not have happened.IMHO.and yep BIG bruce fan

What do you guys think would be essential for a "Big Boss" figure release in terms of head sculpt, clothing and accessories ?

Hmm that's a tough one. Enterbay always likes to include some really cool dioramas and accessories so I wonder how they would go about handling this one. Maybe include a fake ice block?

maybe part of the ice factory (it was made from wood) as a diorama.
2 white shirts,knives,angry/calm heads ala FOF.and of course a 1/6 bag of crisps:rotfl
but yeh a BB is long overdue

It is no difficult to make your own BB figure. There exist costume packs with similar cloth weathered by Bruce in this film. :)

i have a custom BB.but the ''costume packs'' available are not movie accurate.so we need an official BB release from EB/HT

Out of curiosity, what is the general consensus on Big Boss at least amongst Bruce Lee fans?
I ask this because Big Boss is a terrible movie.

Lee fans generally accepts its his first Hong Kong movie where he had almost no creative control so you just kind of accept its badness and enjoy when Lee is on the screen.

Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon are his only two 'real' Hong Kong movies ....where he had creative control and could dictate what he wanted. WofD in particular where he almost total complete control over everything...

And of course his 40+ minute long GoD fight scenes (and script notes) whiich though incomplete really have just as much if not more fight footage than any of his completed Hong Kong movies.
(the 1978 Western GoD mash up is to be ignored :) )

everyone likes BB better than the awful 78GOD.:lol
.bruce had very little input on BB (even the 1st director was sacked)
but he did have some input on his fights,and the differences can be seen(no screen credit given though).so for 1971 it was a kinda ''landmark'' movie,far from BL's best,but compared to the ''official'' 1978 GOD,a proper BL film

Back