Big Ass Watches

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Watch Thread

They're definitely meant to have some heft, and dive watches generally run a bit larger. 48 mm is a fairly snug fit and the links contour my wrist fairly well. There are a lot more massive watches out there, but I stay away from those.

At least one good thing is, if some one try to attack you, you can hit 'em with this watch or try to block bullets like Wonder Woman.

You guys really don't know too much about watches, do you? :lol

You sure you don't want one of these? Not for the city slicker but great for those who want to get away from those pesky humans; just for a few days.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paracord-Bracelet-Watch-Survival-Compass-Whistle-Fire-Starter-4-X-Fish-Hooks-/302065005907?hash=item46547a3553:g:h9sAAOSwIgNXtWim

s-l225.jpg

I got a few more Orients coming my way. I desperately need some dress watches...

You guys really don't know too much about watches, do you? :lol

I'd lie to you if I say that I do. I like the look of a watch more than anything, I like the reliability and toughness of G- Shocks but rarely ever use all of its features. I also have a new Apple Watch (series 2) coming, so we'll see how long I don't use my traditional watches for.

I've always wore watches. It's like underwear to me, I have to have one.

I'd lie to you if I say that I do. I like the look of a watch more than anything, I like the reliability and toughness of G- Shocks but rarely ever use all of its features. I also have a new Apple Watch (series 2) coming, so we'll see how long I don't use my traditional watches for.

I've always wore watches. It's like underwear to me, I have to have one.

It's the same with me, I always wore a watch. But, I got lazy and took a hiatus for a few years since I got my iPhone 5s in 2013. I recently started wearing watches again this year, because I thought it was rather silly to always have my phone double as a pocket watch (it doesn't look very professional, either).

I haven't picked up a smart watch. But, I think I'm more into flashy, contemporary watch concepts as opposed to traditional designs that have been tried and tested for decades. I don't find those too exciting, except for classic submariner designs which never get old.

I saw this on sale at Macy's a few days ago. Looks really sexy, and I like how it features a 262 Khz quartz movement that's accurate to +10 seconds per year.

I used to collect diesel watches the oversized ones. I figured I'd pick up an Apple Watch whenever they'd put a camera on it.

Wonder if Mr. Green will buy a new watch to put on his smart phone. Bing, bing, he said.

Wow, those are impressive, Solidus!

I have a Citizen Eco Watch that I love because I don’t have to worry about ever changing the battery. It’s stainless steel with a black face.
1349567_fpx.tif

I also have a stainless Swiss Army watch, but that one eats batteries lately. I don’t know if it’s because the batteries that the watch guy puts in are cheap, or if the gears are getting gummed up because of age.
shopping

And I have a Stauer “dashboard” style self winding watch. I replaced the leather band with a stainless one.
624-407

Not as fancy as any of yours, but I enjoy them.

I agree that the leather bands get sweaty and gross really quick, so I only ever get metal bands now.

I’ve been thinking about an Apple watch but I always talk myself out of it.

It’s interesting because I have seen that guys are not really wearing watches anymore because of cell phones. My B-I-L doesn’t wear one. But even though I have a cell phone, I’d go crazy without a watch. I’m always looking down at my wrist for the time. I HAVE to have a watch on me. And it HAS to have the date on it too. Just one of those things with me.

624-407

I agree that the leather bands get sweaty and gross really quick, so I only ever get metal bands now.

It’s interesting because I have seen that guys are not really wearing watches anymore because of cell phones. My B-I-L doesn’t wear one. But even though I have a cell phone, I’d go crazy without a watch. I’m always looking down at my wrist for the time. I HAVE to have a watch on me. And it HAS to have the date on it too. Just one of those things with me.

That last one look like a weight scale that people step on, no offense.

Wow, those are impressive, Solidus!

I have a Citizen Eco Watch that I love because I don’t have to worry about ever changing the battery. It’s stainless steel with a black face.
1349567_fpx.tif

I also have a stainless Swiss Army watch, but that one eats batteries lately. I don’t know if it’s because the batteries that the watch guy puts in are cheap, or if the gears are getting gummed up because of age.
shopping

And I have a Stauer “dashboard” style self winding watch. I replaced the leather band with a stainless one.
624-407

Thanks! What can I say, I just like large, flashy watches :lol.

You've got some nice selections there, especially that Citizen chronograph - automatic movements are awesome.

I haven't thought of picking up a smart watch... just yet. I do jog a mile everyday, so it might be worth it.

Wonder if Mr. Green will buy a new watch to put on his smart phone. Bing, bing, he said.

Is Mr. Green having a waking dream?

You're not a smoker, are you?

Fashion-Rechargeable-USB-font-b-Lighter-b-font-font-b-Watch-b-font-Electronic-Men-s.jpg

Be nice if they make smart phone wearable like a watch. That way Mr. Green wouldn't feel like he have to carry the damn thing. But of course the sun line would be a mess but maybe it will protect against mosquito a little bit.

Emopulse-Smile-Smartphone-Bracelet-02.jpg

That last one look like a weight scale that people step on, no offense.

None taken! It's a fun watch with an unusual interface. The downside to it is it's a challenge to actually read since you have to read the numbers individually, instead of instinctly seeing time based on hand positions.

Thanks! What can I say, I just like large, flashy watches :lol.

You've got some nice selections there, especially that Citizen chronograph - automatic movements are awesome.

I haven't thought of picking up a smart watch... just yet. I do jog a mile everyday, so it might be worth it.

It's funny, at one of my old jobs there were two guys there with unique watch habits. One guy had hundreds of watches. He would come in with a new one practically every day. He said that when the batteries ran out, he would just get a new one. So he has boxes full of expensive watches that aren't being used because they just need a new battery! I couldn't even tell you what brand they were, just that they all had unique interfaces, not the usual watch face with hands. Some were, but a lot of them were digital faces and different ways to read the time. And when I would notice one that I recognized at a store, I'd see that they were like in the $200-$500 range! So it's not like he was picking up cheap watches just so they would be "disposable".

The other guy would collect limited edition Rolex watches and then sell them for profit on ebay.

Ritot projection watch

ritot-projection-watch-13323.jpg

Mr. Green used to think it would be so cool to have a pocket watch like some old English fellow. The trying to fit in age, lol.

51HhMB1ZJsL.jpg

Back