BHD's World of Not So Awesome Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHD2

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Well I finally desided to get off my lazy butt and work on some Star Wars stuff I had on my worktable. And since everyone else is starting threads like this I figured I'll try. I promise to atleast get one thing Star Wars done a month and post it up, but I break promises alot.

Anyways, first up is my Weequay head from Unsung. I loved this thing the first time I saw it long ago and wanted one since. I've had it for awhile and been meaning to take a crack at it, so I finally did. I'm for sure going to get more from him and paint them up. I'm thinking pirates, skiff guards, bikers, jedi, oh the endless ideas!

Weequay3.jpg

Weequay4.jpg

Weequay2.jpg

And his hair, think I should shorten it?

Weequay1.jpg

Pretty easy to paint and I don't even want to get near any human faces anytime soon. Of couse he's not ment to be anyone special, just a random Weequay. I have a plan I want to do with him, but its just getting the parts ready is going to be a pain. I also need to track down a Buck body to use on him.

Anyways, hope everyone enjoys it and I should have more things posted soon.

Of couse comments, questions, blame, being yelled at, you name it are all welcomed.

Thanks!

Yeah, I was scared of the hair until I realised embroidery floss looked like it would work perfect. Just take a few strands and cut it to a certin length, white glue them together into a pointed tip, glue them into the head and then strand by strand unravel it. Its a little time taking, but I think its worth in the end.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

Thanks Hemble, its quite an honor comming from you. Always loved your stuff and so does my friend, espically your jedi Jawa.

So the mini's bug bit me again for a little while, but only so I can paint some of my randoms and sell them off for Star Wars funds. I'm planning by next week having him on a temp body and getting some better pictures that aren't all bright.

Nice work on the Weeq BHD2! Looking forward to those "better pictures," I wanna see him on a body!

Thanks again for the comments guys, I've been slacking off with Star Wars stuff since I've been working on some 1/1 Stargate items including a possible Fan Made series. But I will have pictures of upgraded Wee pretty soon, including what I planned on turning him into.

I did have a question for everyone. I am planning on two figures with dreadlock hair, the character Ronon Dex from Stargate Atlantis and a Quinlan Vos. But I'm drawing a blank on what I should use for the hair, I thought about yarn but didn't know if anyone has had much luck with it looking right. I considered that one figure BBi made a few years back and with some modding could pass for Ronon, but is the hair piece removable? Thanks!

Mate there was a figure from a show called andromemda and he had dread locks. I cut and most of the hair off and put it on another head and sculpted the rest for a 12" Vos figure I did years ago. (pics below.

Ron

Back