**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that’s it for me, I’m off this board.
PresentActualCony-size_restricted.gif

Star Wars, from it's inception, was created for children and adults who don't want to grow up.

It's always been an odd blend, with its story compounded by Lucas' lack of certainty that there would even be a second film. And that first film wasn't even consistently one thing, but hit different notes from childish silliness to horror.

It got very odd, for me at least, with the PT, which exaggerated both the childish silliness and the horror.

I think The Mandalorian hit a good and pretty steady tone, but didn't Disney say that Obi-Wan Kenobi was aimed at a younger audience?

Trouble with being given that leeway, is that this is part of the main story leading up to the OT, so the plot holes matter more.

As with anything, my get out clause is that we can take and leave whatever we want, and put it down to the story being mis-told by a narrator who is either going on hearsay, or wilfully making things up. :lol

I have no idea why Artoo (the storyteller) added Jar Jar Binks and Roger Rogers to his narration. :unsure: I guess he always was a cheeky droid.

Points noted and I agree with you about the whimsical nature of the franchise and that it's a refreshing escape from the real world for both children and adults alike. I just feel the main original tale should be respected, and I don't think Disney Lucasfilm shares that view.

I do feel like Rogue One and the first two seasons of The Mandalorian mostly hit the right notes. I suppose I consider Rogue One the lead-in to the Original Trilogy and The Mandalorian to be the conclusion.

But if not for The Mandalorian I don't think I would have the tolerance to continue watching Disney Star Wars content after the ST and BOBF.

its-true-all-of-it.jpg

Lucas was recreating inspirational childhood influences from the perspective of his adult self.

Star Wars was therefore a curious blend of nostalgia brought up to date. As time moves on, new contemporary perspectives merge with new nostalgia.

That's not all what I was talking about.
I was referring to the way any criticism is called "hate". I brought it up because you referred to hate and haters.
The abuse the actress got was from anonymous online trolls. Aimed at tge actress.
The vast majority of the actual criticism is with the way the character is written and the acting.
Never said or called anyone a hater whatsoever but ok.

Points noted and I agree with you about the whimsical nature of the franchise and that it's a refreshing escape from the real world for both children and adults alike. I just feel the main original tale should be respected, and I don't think Disney Lucasfilm shares that view.

I do feel like Rogue One and the first two seasons of The Mandalorian mostly hit the right notes. I suppose I consider Rogue One the lead-in to the Original Trilogy and The Mandalorian to be the conclusion.

But if not for The Mandalorian I don't think I would have the tolerance to continue watching Disney Star Wars content after the ST and BOBF.

I'd be happy if Disney had never made any Star Wars content, even though I really enjoyed some of it.

Because the longer a thing is dragged out (for profit), the more convoluted and problematic it becomes. Even Lucas was guilty of changing the originals.

Now there are many more hands involved, many more visions of what constitutes 'classic'. That's why my fallback position is taking and leaving what feels right. I can take bits from the PT, for instance, but can't accept the whole.

Gotdamn. Reading this thread makes me glad I’m an Indiana Jones fan.:lol Worst I had to contend with was CGI monkeys and people complaining about Spielberg going all Paul W.S. Anderson and casting his wife as Willy Scott. I’ll say this, though. I think back to the days when everybody was losing their **** over Disney buying Lucasfilm and hyping up Lucas’ not getting a say because they were riding the Marvel hype train/still ******** on the PT and I’m reminded of something my mother always said. “Happiness isn’t getting what you want, but wanting it after you get it.” That’s what you get when you want a single corporate entity to own everything.

Personally? I think we need a new Teddy Roosevelt to bust all that **** up. Amazon, AT&T, Disney; the lot of them (and that’s only in the entertainment game), BUT in the meantime…I genuinely haven’t seen anything *that* bad. I thought little Leia was very charming and she held her own well with her elder co-stars and nothing about Reva strikes me as being any better or worse than the myriad of villains found in other genre shows. It’s a specific breed that’s sort of come up in the wake of Game of Thrones: the villain you love to hate; arrogant, petulant, conniving. In that regard, I think she plays the role incredibly well and it’s an interesting foil to the villains like Vader that are too cool to bring ourselves to hate.

There's not a lot I can take from the ST. My brain just can't grasp that it has anything to do with Star Wars.

TBOBF was absurd, yet it had some nice little scenes and visuals. However, the promise of The Mandalorian's epilogue was so much more than the TBOBF series it turned into.

...BUT in the meantime…I genuinely haven’t seen anything *that* bad. I thought little Leia was very charming and she held her own well with her elder co-stars and nothing about Reva strikes me as being any better or worse than the myriad of villains found in other genre shows. It’s a specific breed that’s sort of come up in the wake of Game of Thrones: the villain you love to hate; arrogant, petulant, conniving. In that regard, I think she plays the role incredibly well and it’s an interesting foil to the villains like Vader that are too cool to bring ourselves to hate.

I doubt they filmed this series in order, yet little Leia seems to be growing into the role with more confidence.

Thought she did well in this episode. She's not a Millie Bobby Brown (yet), who was phenomenal at a similar age in Intruders.

There's not a lot I can take from the ST. My brain just can't grasp that it has anything to do with Star Wars.

TBOBF was absurd, yet it had some nice little scenes and visuals. However, the promise of The Mandalorian's epilogue was so much more than the TBOBF series it turned into.

There was one really good episode of The Mandalorian embedded into BOBF. But then at the end the entire purpose of the first two Mandalorian seasons was completely undone before season 3 even begins. :gah:

I also just cannot forgive what BOBF did to the Boba Fett character. It's Sequel Trilogy levels of bad.

I'd give the Disney SW content these ratings so far, just like with Lucas SW there's only around half of it I actually like

1654077504041.png

Enjoying the series for what it is at the moment but it's feeling like it's missing that punch. Series feels a bit too cheap at times as well. Things like Luke's return and this would've fared better on the bigger screen I imagine.

Did anyone behind the series ever provide an explanation reconciling the Boba Fett who simple shot Bib Fortuna dead to take the throne in the Mandalorian epilogue with the kindly ''crimelord'' Fett that they went on to portray in the show?

Did anyone behind the series ever provide an explanation reconciling the Boba Fett who simple shot Bib Fortuna dead to take the throne in the Mandalorian epilogue with the kindly ''crimelord'' Fett that they went on to portray in the show?

Favreau did in the Gallery episode.

He said they couldn't make a series with a villain as the main character. There had to be some internal conflict to make them and the series interesting.

Would've been better not to have made the series at all. The original intention must've been to carry on the vein of the epilogue though.

Favreau:

"As much fun as it is to think about a character who has questionable morality, blasting his way through the galaxy, that only goes so far. You can't really explore storylines. It sounds good, but when you actually zoom in and explore what's going on with that character, if that character is just a lawless character who is doing really cool action sequences, that's not Star Wars. Star Wars has to be about each character facing certain obstacles, usually emotional ones as well as physical ones. There may be a villain you're facing off, but if there's no internal conflict going on with the character you're losing half of what makes it impactful. And so we found a way hopefully to preserve the edginess of the character...but still show that the character has learned the lesson of time and experience."

Perhaps disney need to pay us
Enjoying the series for what it is at the moment but it's feeling like it's missing that punch. Series feels a bit too cheap at times as well. Things like Luke's return and this would've fared better on the bigger screen I imagine.

dont give em ideas.

This is disney we are talking bout here, where nothing is sacred. They might bring in a time travelling jedi character and theyll soon start bringing in young cgi luke helping middle aged ewan kenobi against vader lol

I think my problem with Book of Boba was it was a bit too heavy on the pastiche. The Godfather, Little Big Man, etc. That’s fine if that’s the direction you want to go, but it feels a little anti-climactic when you reintroduce a character fans, historically, felt was a badass, who then went out like a chump, only for people to see that “oh, ****. He’s not a chump.” Vito Corleone had the luxury of being fleshed out as the bonafide Mafia killer that was DeNiro in Part 2 offing that Don before busting up the piece and dumping it down people’s chimneys. Boba, on the flipside, got to be…that annoying ass little kid who followed Jango around like his very own Salacious B. Crumb. So, with all that in mind, he felt less like a guy who was *above* handling his own **** and more like a guy who *couldn’t*.

Favreau did in the Gallery episode.

He said they couldn't make a series with a villain as the main character. There had to be some internal conflict to make them and the series interesting.

Would've been better not to have made the series at all. The original intention must've been to carry on the vein of the epilogue though.

Favreau:

"As much fun as it is to think about a character who has questionable morality, blasting his way through the galaxy, that only goes so far. You can't really explore storylines. It sounds good, but when you actually zoom in and explore what's going on with that character, if that character is just a lawless character who is doing really cool action sequences, that's not Star Wars. Star Wars has to be about each character facing certain obstacles, usually emotional ones as well as physical ones. There may be a villain you're facing off, but if there's no internal conflict going on with the character you're losing half of what makes it impactful. And so we found a way hopefully to preserve the edginess of the character...but still show that the character has learned the lesson of time and experience."
Because no one has ever made a good show or movie with a criminal/villainous lead… Mando hype went to his head.

Back